Current New Vehicle Market

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
If the dealers have to go to a less on the lot, order more model what do you do with all the lot space? I would be pissed if I had a huge lot on the freeway paying a shit ton of property tax and all of a sudden I'm not getting enough cars to fill the lot.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If the dealers have to go to a less on the lot, order more model what do you do with all the lot space? I would be pissed if I had a huge lot on the freeway paying a shit ton of property tax and all of a sudden I'm not getting enough cars to fill the lot.

You should hear the dealer council meetings with the guys that usually stock 1200-1500, they're furious.

But, for most of them, that's prime real estate that they can either re-purpose for themselves, rent or sell.

Zemedici

Established Member
You should hear the dealer council meetings with the guys that usually stock 1200-1500, they're furious.

But, for most of them, that's prime real estate that they can either re-purpose for themselves, rent or sell.

SWEET BABY JESUS

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bro that’s insanity, they gotta move the volume to make it worth it i suppose but Jesus that’s a big pill to swallow

Big ****ing operation

They definitely move some metal, or did when they had it to sell....but those are the guys that got hurt the worst during all of this. Their sales guys didn't know what to do when they only had 3 or 4 of a particular vehicle instead of 200.

Dusten

Established Member
I didn’t tell him anything. I posted an article and asked if it was misinformation. Maybe read through the thread before you assume.

We’re car people on a car forum….

99% of the idiots buying a vehicle aren’t gear heads.

When they show up to a Ford dealer and it’s prices are ridiculous while the dodge dealer next door offers rebates… that hurts the Ford Brand. That’s why ford is penalizing dealerships for jacking up prices.

See last sentence.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

A lot of those guys are multi-line, they are going to reward whatever make gives them the inventory to fill those lots. The pressures on the makes are going to be incredible. The only thing complicating the picture is the pressure to produce EV's and the almost guaranteed scarcity of components to do that. The makes have undersupplied the market by 4 to 5 million units over the last 2 years...that is another crazy dynamic on future new and used sales. So many people have put off buying, do we have a recession where car sales aren't really affected at the current ability of makes to supply the market? Crazy times!

It is interesting that ATV/OHV, motorcycle, boat dealers still have shortages. The RV lots are bulging, those boys are going to crater hard and used are going to flood the market.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
A lot of those guys are multi-line, they are going to reward whatever make gives them the inventory to fill those lots. The pressures on the makes are going to be incredible. The only thing complicating the picture is the pressure to produce EV's and the almost guaranteed scarcity of components to do that. The makes have undersupplied the market by 4 to 5 million units over the last 2 years...that is another crazy dynamic on future new and used sales. So many people have put off buying, do we have a recession where car sales aren't really affected at the current ability of makes to supply the market? Crazy times!

It is interesting that ATV/OHV, motorcycle, boat dealers still have shortages. The RV lots are bulging, those boys are going to crater hard and used are going to flood the market.
i believe the RV industry is going to crash first, and very hard... the last straw was gas prices... we bought a 2022 travel trailer and we love it, and we paid more for it than what we did on our 2019, but we enjoy it once a month at the least...

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
i believe the RV industry is going to crash first, and very hard... the last straw was gas prices... we bought a 2022 travel trailer and we love it, and we paid more for it than what we did on our 2019, but we enjoy it once a month at the least...

The quality on a lot of RV lines has been horrible the last 2 years combined with awful warranty support. The class action lawyers will have a field day. A lot of crappy RV's are going to be dumped in a downturn.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
The quality on a lot of RV lines has been horrible the last 2 years combined with awful warranty support. The class action lawyers will have a field day. A lot of crappy RV's are going to be dumped in a downturn.

My buddy bought a fifth wheel in 2020. Very nice and spacious inside. They used it the entire summer in 2020 and it spent almost all of 2021 back in Indiana (we live in vegas) getting warranty work done. They literally didn’t have it in 2021 due to shitty build, shitty warranty work, shitty customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My buddy bought a fifth wheel in 2020. Very nice and spacious inside. They used it the entire summer in 2020 and it spent almost all of 2021 back in Indiana (we live in vegas) getting warranty work done. They literally didn’t have it in 2021 due to shitty build, shitty warranty work, shitty customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That's pretty much all RV's, perhaps not including Grand Design.

You better bet a quality tool man to own one or else it'll be sitting on a dealer lot more than it gets used.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
We're going to buy a....minivan. It sucks, because:

There's no Hondas to look at. Odyssey is all new for 2023 and isn't even out yet. Dealer gets like 3-4 allocated a month. There aren't even any used ones to look at.

Toyota dealer has NOTHING, period, much less vans.

Really really don't want to buy a used Toyota/Honda for 85% of new.

There are a couple Pacificas on the lot, but that's our last resort. One Kia within 50 miles and I'm not paying $48k for a ****ing Kia.
Lol never heard anyone get mad over a mini van. This is a 1st.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Is it just me? Or are we starting to see a change in the market?

8bf78be8c82130346940f92dca299e5e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread