Current New Vehicle Market

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Wife wants a Telluride..markups are anywhere between 5k and 12k around here.
I did find a dealer in Tennessee that is at MSRP if I order one.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wife wants a Telluride..markups are anywhere between 5k and 12k around here.
I did find a dealer in Tennessee that is at MSRP if I order one.
Here in SoCal, most already are selling at MSRP. Few are under and over. Big change, 6 months ago, you wouldnt be able to find em and if you did, would be at least 10k over MSRP.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I got an email from the local Ford dealer. They're up to 90 vehicles in stock. Last email which was probably last month said 75. Are you seeing the same trend Nick?

Two weeks later, now 115 in stock.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I have 12...haha
Who'd you piss off at corporate?

OfficeSpace-KeyArt-Lg-2048x1152[1].jpg

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Ram just emailed me a $1,500 rebate to be used with any other rebate on any new Ram truck.

I wouldn’t keep a Dodge, Ram (w/e the **** they call them now) if they gave it to me for free.

Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram… it’s all the same and they’re SHIT.

utlong31

Established Member
I wouldn’t keep a Dodge, Ram (w/e the **** they call them now) if they gave it to me for free.

Until recently I would have agreed but I bought a 2022 1500 4x4 in late August and I drive the truck 200+ miles a day and it is incredible. The ride and interior is better than any ford or Chevy at the same price. Maybe I got lucky with the 5.7 Hemi and no E-torque. We will see how it holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Just bought the wife a new Lexus RX350; no markup, smoothest car buying experience I've ever had. I'd say it's a sign that things are turning around, but right next door at the Toyota dealership owned by the same auto group, what little new inventory they did have was marked up at least $2500. No markups on anything at Lexus that I looked at....it was weird.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Until recently I would have agreed but I bought a 2022 1500 4x4 in late August and I drive the truck 200+ miles a day and it is incredible. The ride and interior is better than any ford or Chevy at the same price. Maybe I got lucky with the 5.7 Hemi and no E-torque. We will see how it holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
i can’t speak to longevity yet, but my TRX is by far the nicest vehicle I’ve ever had (admittedly not real tough competition here though). also, the 1500 (unsure of trim) the dealer picked me up at the airport in was also a super nice interior, rode nice. So far I’m impressed.

Glenn CDJR in Louisville honored my original order pricing, i was seeing others online waiting for their trucks(11 months for me) saying you needed to lock in a pricing guarantee. I did not do this and expected to pay extra since MSRP has gone up almost 8k since i ordered. without me asking, they simply left it how it was priced in October of 21 when i ordered it, so i was happy. 79.3k before taxes i think, for a truck that now stickers around 97k…so basically 58K OTD :)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
New FCA has been good to me and a proper specs can get you a great RAM.
No issues on my ‘14 or ‘20 Laramies and my ‘16 Charger was a beast. 3yrs 36k and no issues daily driving all 3.
I do find value and give loyalty to dealerships who take care of existing customers. At this point ordering a custom vehicle at MSRP and getting it before 6mos is fine with me. Having factory rebates would be even better if they’d come back sooner. Happy hunting.
-J

SHOdown220

Established Member
Not new car but used car related, about 6 weeks or so ago a client of mine was asking me about selling his daughters toyota corolla, I think like a 15 model, 80k miles. He said he was offered 9700 by carvana or vroom or whatever online place he looked at. I told him it sounded fair but he said dealers were selling them for 13k+ so he thought he could get closer to that number.

I warned him the market was changing and if he continued to wait his offer would go down, he needed to sell it asap. He listed it online several places for 12.5, then 11.5 and so on, is now down to 9.5 with no bites and carvana only offering 8k.

hockeylover86

Established Member
If Stellantis can put inventory on dealer lots, especially RAM trucks, the pressure on other OEM's to match will be immense.
Yep, Ive been saying this all along. Whoever can get stock to the lots now is going to pull sales from other OEMs. As much as they want to wish the "make to order" model is going to be the new normal, it wont be unless its propped up by incentives. The want/need is just too strong. Going into the end of the year with farmers/businesses making $$ they need to spend somewhere for tax avoidance. Plus old stuff needs to be replaced with something. You cant sell what you don't have or can't deliver. What I want to know is who is paying the inventory costs for the billions in unfinished vehicles still sitting.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Just drove past the train yard in Houston after watching the Yankees get beat down- the lot is full! Tons of new Superdutys and Chev trucks. Tons on inventory. Should be intresting what deals are offered on ‘22 vehicles as the year is almost finished and those vehicles will be old stock in a couple months.

Year end is going to be an EXCELLENT time to buy.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

If I could have ordered a 2023 Ram limited with the Hurricane 6, I would have. I think Ram has the best exterior look.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i can’t speak to longevity yet, but my TRX is by far the nicest vehicle I’ve ever had (admittedly not real tough competition here though). also, the 1500 (unsure of trim) the dealer picked me up at the airport in was also a super nice interior, rode nice. So far I’m impressed.

Glenn CDJR in Louisville honored my original order pricing, i was seeing others online waiting for their trucks(11 months for me) saying you needed to lock in a pricing guarantee. I did not do this and expected to pay extra since MSRP has gone up almost 8k since i ordered. without me asking, they simply left it how it was priced in October of 21 when i ordered it, so i was happy. 79.3k before taxes i think, for a truck that now stickers around 97k…so basically 58K OTD :)

The manufacturer honors the price on orders. The dealership would make the same money selling it to you for the ordered price, or the new price...but why not do the right thing and use the manufacturers money?

Users who are viewing this thread