Cut a hole in my dash (for gauges)

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
Sonic Blue is not available in an aerosol touch up can yet, so I had it mixed.

This site has Sonic Blue in an aerosol spray can and the clear coat as well. They even have flex paint for flexible parts. I bought some last year. It works great which is good thing since small rocks love my car.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

lethal

Established Member
Dude, it looks great and you have balls of steel for cutting into your dash -- props to you. I'm going to be the wuss and not do that to my car ... congrats and awesome job. Thanks for the gauges site, looking at it now.

John

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Nice!! Install looks clean as hell.

The paint doesn't do it for me. but if you're happy with it,:thumbsup: :)

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by KWladyka
This site has Sonic Blue in an aerosol spray can and the clear coat as well.
http://www.paintscratch.com/
Thanks for the link, I haven't seen it anywhere locally, from Duplicolor and the other popular companies, That stuff isn't cheap though !! for a spray can. But after seeing the results from a gun , I'm glad I didn't use a can. I don't think it would have looked as good. here is what I used.

paint.JPG

a94cobra

Established Member
Ouch to cutting the dash. WOW that is a lot of guages and WOW that is a lot of Blue!

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Looks good, the best I have seen EVER!!! Just go get a billet headlight knob, it kinda drags the rest of the look down. Pretty cool.

Brad

Banned
You may or may not have seen me flame people for doing stupid things to their cars. People say I'm overly critical and should mind my own business, but that looks really good. Not only does it look’s great, clearly it took a lot of time and skill to make it look that clean. Keep up the great work.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
Just go get a billet headlight knob, it kinda drags the rest of the look down.
Good point, I think I'll research that, any suggestions? MGW, etc?

Originally posted by Brad
You may or may not have seen me flame people for doing stupid things to their cars. People say I'm overly critical and should mind my own business, but that looks really good. Not only does it look’s great, clearly it took a lot of time and skill to make it look that clean. Keep up the great work.
Actually I haven't noticed, but I'll take your word for it, thanks for the compliment, sounds like it means a lot coming from you, if you have that reputation

:lol:

Blades

Established Member
Yeah.. Brad is an asshole.. :D jk jk.. Him and I do occasionally bust people's balls tho.. Ur setup is mint.

umustdv8

Established Member
Looks good dude. Big balls for hacking up your dash too. I wouldn't do it, but I like yours.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by HAVEIGHT 13R
Only a 20lb. boost guage you weren't thinking ahead were you!
LOL, actually thats one reason I didn't go with the Lunars is because I didn't want the 30 psi gauge. I figured 20 is plenty, even with an aftermarket blower, seems about 17 is all you can do safely on pump gas.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
can you take a picture at night time?? i would love to see what all those gauges look like at night. thanks

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by jmir018
can you take a picture at night time?? i would love to see what all those gauges look like at night. thanks
I'm working on that, my camera doesn't do well with low light, even with a tripod and a 2 second shutter speed, everything is still too dark, and full of "spots" I'll mess with it some more.

crabby

got halfshafts?
Established Member
You did a great job, the blue isnt my thing but the gauge placement is great congrats!:beer: :beer:

USMC0341

Established Member
Good Job, nice professional work. Is your steering wheel stock? It looks alot thicker than the one on mine.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Originally posted by chillfactor
Wow thats a lot of gauges.

That does look sweet, but thats not a lot of gauges. This is a lot of gauges.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread