D1SC LS1 Camaro vs P1SC BOSS

GR8GAME

Established Member
Well the race went exactly as I expected (being the confident asshole that I am).

I met up with the guy and his friend, who were cool people. He's juiced about his car, but not as much as his friend is. I had another buddy meet up with us in his H/C/I/E Firebird Formula as well. We all met up at a Chevron and BS'd about cars for about an hour before I said it was time to get down to business.

We were on a street that is approximately 1 mile and perfectly straight 4 lanes with a center emergency lane. I asked what race he wanted to run because I saw that he was on some brand new 305 Nitto DRs, while I'm on my treadless M/T ET Street 295s. He told me that he was looking for a 35 roll since it was so cold out (40-45 degrees). I let him know that won't be a problem but he will have to honk due to me not having my horn plugged in.

Run1
I assume he starts honking, but I can't hear his car over my Big Red Race Valve so I just wait to see his front end lift. As soon as it does I slam down the go pedal and immediately stop his pull and get my front bumper even with his. As soon as I press in the clutch and go to move the shifter into 3rd, I'm blocked out. Damn cold tranny. I pump the clutch again and work it into gear, at this point I'm approximately a half car behind his rear bumper, stop his pull and get back up to his door. I press the clutch and and hit another wall trying to get the shifter into gear. By the time the car is in 4th I'm back about a half car length again and pull almost even when he shuts down at about 110. Wtf?

His passenger was all excited about the run and said I have a fast car. Clearly he didn't notice that I was pulling every time I was actually in gear. Of course, I tell him I would like to go again since my tranny was cold and not wanted to shift.

Run2
On this run, I decided that I'm going to use more of my RPM (just got the car tuned last thursday so this is my first time being able to shift above 5500rpm and I only took it to about 6100 on run #1). We pull back onto the street and get side by side with my tranny feeling like it's ready to cooperate. We slow down to 35 and I tell the passenger to yell 1,2,3 so I have the chance of hearing him. Instead of yelling, all he does is count with his fingers so I have to pay close attention to him instead of watching the road (rookie?). On 3 we hit it at the same exact time and I instantly pull my rear bumper to his front. 3rd gear engages perfectly and I proceed to put another 2.5 lengths on him (really wish I would have turned a camera backwards), then into 4th gear I stayed in it and just watched his lights fade behind me.

We got to the next stop and both the driver and passenger couldn't believe what just happened. I let them know that I was able to shift that time and that was the only difference, although I think the passenger thought I had hit nitrous (which I don't have) because he had mentioned something about it.

The next 2 runs were fairly uneventful since my charge pipe blew off when shifting from 3rd to 4th, but I was well ahead at that point. We stopped and talk cars for awhile after, then they each wanted a ride in my car. The 5.0 owner was very impressed with the way the car pulled 2-4 (no traction in 1st), and wanted to go and up his boost to 10#s for our next run.

When I took the passenger for a ride my shifter found 1st gear instead of 3rd and caused all sorts of trouble with my rear end (just what I need after getting my car back from the tuner). There was fluid dropping down from both sides of the axles, so I limped the car home and will have to take a look at it this weekend.

I haven't had a chance to pull the videos off my GoPros yet, but will as soon as I can find the time. I may just shoot them to a buddy that has more time to edit than me. I'll keep you guys updated!

Modded GTR coming soon...

REPCobra10

Established Member
I haven't had a chance to pull the videos off my GoPros yet, but will as soon as I can find the time. I may just shoot them to a buddy that has more time to edit than me. I'll keep you guys updated!

This sounds like a good idea, as we're all very anxious to "see" the results, not just read about them, sir...:beer:

mebetter

Established Member
Good kills. Are you going to fix the tranny before you run the gtr? If you have 317 heads which raise the compression and a stock bottom end; how are you running lower compression?

Last edited:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
A description means nothing VIDEO!!!!!!

how do u go from 2nd to first?????

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
This sounds like a good idea, as we're all very anxious to "see" the results, not just read about them, sir...:beer:

This. Nice kill man. I'm ready to see that Camaro roll the **** out lol.

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
VI DEE OOO's........VI DEE OOO's.......VI DEE OP's :D

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
bigger engine, bigger blower, less weight...results are as expected. Yeah the boss may have a nice peak whp number but I'm sure the camaro makes ALOT more torque everywhere in the rpm range over the boss

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Not sure whether you could chock this up as a win for you. Sounds like the Boss held itself together and lost one run ;)

JK get that thing back together and get some video!

Users who are viewing this thread