Dealer says their area rep leads them to believe there will be a '23 GT500

dan1982

Established Member
Why aren't you working overtime to pay for the carbon fiber fairings?
i worked 1000 hours bro... im tired of the smell of that place. i put down 60Ktotal on the vette(counting the tradein) and financed the rest... i left 10K in my checking account.

dan1982

Established Member
EVERY single daythere... there is a slashing/ stabbing or an overdose. several of these incidents every day. its getting WILD. even a murder 2 weeks ago. Staff keeps quitting.... creating MORE mandatory overtime

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
EVERY single daythere... there is a slashing/ stabbing or an overdose. several of these incidents every day. its getting WILD. even a murder 2 weeks ago.

Where exactly do you work?

dan1982

Established Member
Where exactly do you work?
Greenhaven... i thought it was just couple weeks ago... guess it was longer... Inmate killed in fight at Green Haven Correctional Facility in Dutchess A blood gang member taped shanks to his hands and stabbed the other guy in the heart, killing him. Major incident... TV cameras... pain in the ass. They dont give specifics in the newspapers... but now u know. But i spent 15 years before this working at DOWNSTATE correctional... Fishkill. downstate was also a max. BUT it was a MUCH nicer place. This place..... its a young mans game for sure. They are gonna rock and roll with these guys whether they want to or not. Most dont... its a hard environment and many many many quit. I dont blame them... if i didnt have a big pension AND a deferred comp on the line, so would i.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i worked 1000 hours bro... im tired of the smell of that place. i put down 60Ktotal on the vette(counting the tradein) and financed the rest... i left 10K in my checking account.
jcf bro, money is cheap, could have put that in an index fund, financed the whole damn thing on the vet and come out ahead

germansheperd

2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Established Member
I dunno about the EVs man... i REALLY think everyone is wrong on this. A big portion of the popyulace lives in condos and apartments... imagine hanging an extension coord from the 2nd floor of a building in NY. I live in NY and its just not gonna happen. Condo association dont allow that. Charging the damn thing would be an ordeal/ people would steal the extension coord and the vehicle. Top of that ALOT of people dont have enough money to buy even a USED gasoline car. And Evs are basically JUNK when the battery pack gets old.... its not like u can limp around in a EV with a bad battery. it just wont move. u got 7-9 years with a pack from what i gather. If people DONT BUY them.... thats how the free market works... the manufacturers wont build them. Alll we need is a different administration.
They aren’t going to buy them. The manufacturers and the Gov’t know this. That’s why they will kill the ICE vehicles to force your hand.
Local dealer has had the “hot” “selling quicker than they can make them” Lightning on their showroom floor for over 3 months. No one will touch it.

germansheperd

2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Established Member
I mentioned this in another random thread, but might be worth repeating here. I was at a dinner in Monterey on Sat and one of the keynote speakers was Edsel Ford II. He TWICE said, "there will always be a Shelby in the lineup at Ford." He didn't say there will always be a Ford at Shelby. Aaron Shelby was there, nodding his head in agreement.

If the golden goose is laying $100k Mustangs, why kill it?

80-20220820_190725_cbb2bffabe568edd575f442e9adc10cb29480cce.jpg
Because it is not part of the agenda.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They aren’t going to buy them. The manufacturers and the Gov’t know this. That’s why they will kill the ICE vehicles to force your hand.
Local dealer has had the “hot” “selling quicker than they can make them” Lightning on their showroom floor for over 3 months. No one will touch it.

Only two explanations. It's their FCTP truck (loaner) and they can't sell it for 6 months, or they ordered it for someone who backed out of it and they're holding it to show it. There aren't any stock ones out there.

Tank5879

Established Member
Often, I might add.

But, Jim was hired/promoted to CEO in order to push the stock prices up and the company valuation.

Now, when Ford wins at Le Mans in 2 years.... :)
What are your thoughts on Jim as dealer?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What are your thoughts on Jim as dealer?

I think overall he's solid. No one will compare to Alan Mulally, though.

Jim is a great guy, with good ideas, a great head on his shoulders and truly does what he thinks is best for the Ford brand, shareholders and the board. Like a lot of big wigs (CEOs, Presidents, etc) he has said things that he doesn't have control over, and often he backtracks well.

Overall I'd say he's a 7.5/10. Definitely has the potential to be a great CEO though. We'll see how the next 5 years or so fares and I'll really have a good idea!

Fat Boss

Established Member
Often, I might add.

But, Jim was hired/promoted to CEO in order to push the stock prices up and the company valuation.

Now, when Ford wins at Le Mans in 2 years.... :)

Right. And selling $100k Mustangs probably helps the stock price rather than hurts it.

Users who are viewing this thread