Dealers, keeping GT500 hiden??

jpetre

Established Member
Dealers, keeping GT500 hidden??

Hey Guys,
I keep hearing stories of dealerships having 7~10 Shelby's on their lot hidden to keep the ADM up. Any truth to this? Wouldn't they want to move them, get more in, and move those?

This can't be healthy for Ford either, pretty soon its going to be the big One; Toyota will own Chrysler and Ford will shut its doors! :xpl: Then I have to drive a front wheel drive import! :rollseyes

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Whos knows, eventually the floor will collapse on the dealer adms
Its still a very new car at the moment, but once 08 production begins, adms will vanish.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I don't think its easy to hide 7 cars. Whether its a Yugo or a GT500.

I guess its possible, but i dont think it matters.

They can just keep holding onto them and keeping paying floorplan. So stupid.

NewFrance6

Established Member
I doubt they are hiding them. They are probably starting to get nervous because 08s are right around the corner and 07s are still all over. There are 4 dealers in a 20 mile radius that have one sitting in the showroom with a huge ADM. One has been sitting since November at 25 over. I can't blame the dealers. I would do the same thing if i were them. I just think it's unfortunate to see Ford miss out on potential buyers by trying to make it a pseudo-limited production car. MSRP on 07s will definitely be close by the time the 08s are in production. Then again, not to sound picky but i'd rather get the last model year they make on this (2009? 2010?), after they work out the issues and when prices are at the lowest point.
I have to say though, what a gorgeous car....

Jroc

Established Member
Damn Ford dealers can be sorry. I went and looked at a Tungsten Gray convertible the other day that a dealer had on their showroom and they had it stickered at $75,000. They were trying to tell me that it is the only one their getting, but a few months ago I went to the same dealership and the guy I talked to said that they had already sold 3 and that they had one locked up in the back, but that they werent showing it to anyone that wasn't serious about buying it. :shrug:

69b302

Established Member
No the dealer put all the GT500s in the showrooms for people to see. There is no conspiracy for high ADMs only market forces. It is pure supply and demand and most dealer understand how to network and get their cars into a better market, if their local market is soft. There are still some deals around, but very hard to find.

chuckstang

Established Member
Jroc said:
Damn Ford dealers can be sorry. I went and looked at a Tungsten Gray convertible the other day that a dealer had on their showroom and they had it stickered at $75,000. They were trying to tell me that it is the only one their getting, but a few months ago I went to the same dealership and the guy I talked to said that they had already sold 3 and that they had one locked up in the back, but that they werent showing it to anyone that wasn't serious about buying it. :shrug:

This is exactly what I can not stand.
Oh well, no sense in losing your patience at this point. If you have waited this long at least.

badpuss

Established Member
Theres a dealer local who has 7 of them in the showroom asking 17,500.00 over MRSP for every model on the floor, been that way for months.

derangedazn

Established Member
jpetre said:
Hey Guys,
I keep hearing stories of dealerships having 7~10 Shelby's on their lot hidden to keep the ADM up. Any truth to this? Wouldn't they want to move them get more in and move those?

This can't be healthy for Ford either, pretty soon it going to be the big One; Toyota will own Chrysler and Ford will shut its door! :xpl: Then I have to drive a front will drive import! :rollseyes

They are slowly taking over.....muwahahahahahaha.

Soon mustangs will be 4-cylinder fwd cars. The mustang emblem will be replaced with a pig or a dragon if lucky.

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
retarded

IamMike said:
Ford dealers are so F'n retarded.

Ford dealers are not retarded, they are trying to sell the car for as much as they can get. Remember, with the exception of the Ford GT,,, they sell most of their new cars at invoice. They make their money in service and used cars. I'd do the same thing. Got to make money when you can. If you dont want to pay the ADM, dont buy the car.

chuckstang

Established Member
scottmartin said:
Ford dealers are not retarded, they are trying to sell the car for as much as they can get. Remember, with the exception of the Ford GT,,, they sell most of their new cars at invoice. They make their money in service and used cars. I'd do the same thing. Got to make money when you can. If you dont want to pay the ADM, dont buy the car.

Nope, were just going to wait until the dealerships accept making 4k on the car by charging msrp :idea:

jean

Established Member
In Portland (Or) all the bigs Ford dealers have no inventory of GT 500.
I think the dealerships sell them thought the internet.

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
scottmartin said:
yeah, you're right. They didn't kill the return of the Thunderbird either :bash:

I had a dealer try to add an ADM on top of an already signed deal. :kaboom:

asking 17k over for months on end = retarded.

FASN8N

Established Member
scottmartin said:

That is ok, the dealers can make their money off a few people, but the masses will remember the gouging when they went to their local dealer to purchase a GT500 and when it comes time to buy a new car or recommend a good dealer to a friend, that dealer will not get the business! This is great, because the greedy dealers will get screwed in the long run and hopefully go out of business :thumbsup:

In business, it is always better to get a percentage of something rather than 100% of nothing.

We need to keep a list of dealers that mark cars up, so that we can have a party when they start to fail or go out of business :beer:

If dealers are hidding them,I haven't seen them.Will take a good hidding place to hide 7/10-shelby Gt500.I think there being sold as soon as they hit there lots and the buyers are hidding them. Just my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread