Deep impact at Nurburgring!!

NightKids

Established Member
2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-at-Nurburgring-front-view-MT.jpg

2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-at-Nurburgring-side-view-MT.jpg

2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-at-Nurburgring-rear-view-MT.jpg

Jankz

Established Member
I see that their front plates are mounted in the top-right of the windshield. Does anyone know if this is legal in Germany? I’m expecting arrival of my Shelby this July and I really don’t want to get ticketed by the Polizi or MPs.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
I see that their front plates are mounted in the top-right of the windshield. Does anyone know if this is legal in Germany? I’m expecting arrival of my Shelby this July and I really don’t want to get ticketed by the Polizi or MPs.

Well, you're in Germany so you should ask someone in Germany. The PiLL (a member of SVTP) is also in Germany. You can ask him too.

Anyways, that car was at the 'Ring so dont take anything for legal in a car on a Road Track. Maybe they put it in there to not disturb with the airflow, the aerodynamic, in front of the car.

Last edited:

Stanger00

Established Member

LOL. That is a Temp tag. Doubt the car will stay there much longer. It's probably a promotional car that will be sent around the world for magazines to rag on.

To answer your question. Are you military, Canadian or a German citizen? If you're canadian you can use your home country tags. If you are military you will have to physically mount the tag to the bumper. If you are German you should already know the answer to this.

Jankz

Established Member
I'm military, so I guess I'm screwed with having to mount it. I’m thinking that the best bet is to use zip strips and hope to God that the it doesn’t cause too much damage to the front.

Stanger00

Established Member
I tried zip-ties before and the inspectors at Kapaun said I had to mount my plates with screws. You can try though. Good luck and congrats on the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread