Demon Beats 1000bhp Camaro, GT500?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We need to maybe re-visit this thread after the 2020 GT-500 is released and is in the hands of SVTP members and others. I am hoping we'll see some really impressive performance that might surprise some.

PIPO

Established Member
Full loaded demon with all fat tires, normal prep and normal DA (1500-2000) runs 10.4/5s.
Dodge ran 9.9 with a -1,500 DA, with perfect prep and a 120 lbs driver.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I’ll call it from now, someone will get a new gt500 to run a 9.99 or better with tires and minor weight pulling, dragstrip prep.

People compare lap times after cars have been bled and filled with better fluids and pads, rotors, some weight pulled, some airflow to the radiator ducted etc and call it stock because it’s all pretty much free or maintenance mods or tires/track prep.

Those type of mods come stock on the demon.

Ok, so swapping tires, pulling the seat and running race gas tune is fine so long it’s factory options?

So why don’t people open the ford racing catalogue and package some slicks, skinnies, and rear seat delete etc into the price of their loan?

Bottom line, the gt500 is spitting distance from a demon, faster than a red eye, and quicker than a zl1 1le around a track.

I bet it can do a near 7 dead Nurburgring lap. Not having a manual makes it worlds faster around a track like the ring because it would be so much easier to balance and drive very hard.

I also expect about 205mph top speed without the carbon’s wing. The gearing may be the actual limit as 4th tops out at 156, 5th will top out at 190, 6th theoretically 248 and 7th 299... that drop from 5th to 6th may be enough to curb acceleration at 190mph, if you drop from day 755hp to 625hp, it may not be enough to push past 190 and keep climbing power and rpm. swap a 3.90 in or a 4.10 and it might hit 210 because you’d grab 6th at 175-185mph and have enough power in the next gear at 6250rpm or whatever to keep accelerating.

I hope they run a cluster with 2 overdrives instead of 3. 750hp and 4200lbs with only 4 forward gears spells a hard road to 200mph. 5 strong usable gears is better. 1:1 5th would be my vote

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
500 gonna have to be modded to do 9s.

I agree, the demon will hold the “stock” win because the simple mods are “stock”

Demon takes non power mods (save the race fuel tune) to run 9’s as well.

Pulling seats, swapping tires, race fuel tune is all track prep.

No demon will ever run 9’s on the square 315’s with full seats and pump gas.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Same pass, left and right a demon and a new gt500, I see a demon on square tires and full interior but running the race fuel tune pulling tops 1-2mph on a new gt500.

I can’t see the new gt500 being too far off a 10.3@135 in perfect conditions like the demon had for the 9.65@140 pass.

Put skinnies, slicks and a race fuel tune on the gt500 and id bet it runs a 9.80@139 at the mineshaft on a similar night that the demon ran 9.65@140. 8a vs dct is no contest. The dct, carbon driveshaft and diff will only eat up 45-50tq imo. The 8a and so on in the dodge is probably eating up 70-80tq. That difference turns 755 vs 840 into 700whp vs 760whp. Now factor shifting time, and 1-200lbs, as well as drag coefficient. The gt500 carbon with the spoiler removed should be quite quick. The dodge an clock a 1.3x 60ft while I think the gt500 on slicks/skinnies will be lucky to find a 1.5x, that said we are talking about a hyper muscle car hanging with a totally drag oriented muscle car.

That’s mods, but at this point it’s obvious the demon will hold the “stock” win

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It is such a special car. Still in shock that a regular car company had the balls to produce something like that.

Dodge execs must have to carry their balls in a wheel barrow.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ford gt in tech and overall accomplishment trumps the demon.

$400k wins Le Mans.

People with a $15k budget and a 2018gt are beating demons.

Let’s see someone take a corvette and beat out the gt at 24hrs of le man.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You need to state it more times, I think you haven’t convinced yourself yet that you’re right.

tenor.gif

I know this is painful for you man. But dont worry, maybe Ford will take back the crown at the dragstrip on 2030. LoL.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

$400k wins Le Mans.

4E015E5D-362F-419B-9258-E409EE89B9A6.jpeg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You know it is a rough day at the office, when you resort to comparing a challenger to an exotic / super car.

Thats how you know Dodge did it right! Lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ll call it from now, someone will get a new gt500 to run a 9.99 or better with tires and minor weight pulling, dragstrip prep.

People compare lap times after cars have been bled and filled with better fluids and pads, rotors, some weight pulled, some airflow to the radiator ducted etc and call it stock because it’s all pretty much free or maintenance mods or tires/track prep.

Those type of mods come stock on the demon.

Ok, so swapping tires, pulling the seat and running race gas tune is fine so long it’s factory options?

So why don’t people open the ford racing catalogue and package some slicks, skinnies, and rear seat delete etc into the price of their loan?

Bottom line, the gt500 is spitting distance from a demon, faster than a red eye, and quicker than a zl1 1le around a track.

I bet it can do a near 7 dead Nurburgring lap. Not having a manual makes it worlds faster around a track like the ring because it would be so much easier to balance and drive very hard.

I also expect about 205mph top speed without the carbon’s wing. The gearing may be the actual limit as 4th tops out at 156, 5th will top out at 190, 6th theoretically 248 and 7th 299... that drop from 5th to 6th may be enough to curb acceleration at 190mph, if you drop from day 755hp to 625hp, it may not be enough to push past 190 and keep climbing power and rpm. swap a 3.90 in or a 4.10 and it might hit 210 because you’d grab 6th at 175-185mph and have enough power in the next gear at 6250rpm or whatever to keep accelerating.

I hope they run a cluster with 2 overdrives instead of 3. 750hp and 4200lbs with only 4 forward gears spells a hard road to 200mph. 5 strong usable gears is better. 1:1 5th would be my vote

Has a new ZR1 been 9s yet stock other than “drag prep”?

I don’t think the new gt500 will get there in your scenario... she gon be heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Different amateur drivers different days different environment. There is no way you can get comparable times. I’m not sure why you keep posting them.

The writer testing the acr said it best. Dodge’s driver carried 20 more mph through the corner than I did. Writers driving give a terrible representation of what a car is capable of!

blk02edge

Established Member

$400k wins Le Mans.

Id love to see someone try and beat a C7R with a ford GT...

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
View attachment 1545151

I know this is painful for you man. But dont worry, maybe Ford will take back the crown at the dragstrip on 2030. LoL.

You’re delusional if you think Ford would care. They’re busy building Le Mans winners, the cobra jet owns the strip, and the 10a mustang gt runs 11’s for $35k.

I know this is painful for you, but the demon runs 9’s stock isn’t some mythic accomplishment. They track prep it factory.

A c6 z can almost run 9’s on slicks and skinnies in a mineshaft.

I know this is painful for you but once you’ve been in and around 9 second cars that don’t need a mineshaft and a perfect night, a 9 second pass by a 10 second car isn’t very impressive be it stock or not.

Same conditions the demon went 9’s: •3rd gen stock camaro went 12.8
•03 cobra stock went 12.43
•c6 z06 stock went 10.8@128
•Trinity stock went 11.2 (fuzzy, iirc)

So a demon went 9.65@140 there and 9.8@138 in private hands there a year later, and almost everywhere else, they go 10’s and 11’s. Worship it until your soul bleeds out green blood for all I care.

Also, you quoted magazine times by average drives. Lol, that’s a fail. Those same drivers ran 11’s with demons at that fall press release no one seems to talk about. How do you screw up taking an Auto car on drag radials in a straight line laugh my ****ing ass off at that. Those are similar conditions as when the last gt500 went 11.6@125 in motortrend hands. Hot, day time, no mineshaft.

Back to the gt vs c7r, the gt won le man easily in 16. 17, weight ballasts were mandated and turbo pressure was reduced to “even” the field. No, those aren’t performance mods.

I understand that you guys read the Internet often, do you read into the details of what you read or just catch a buzzfeed headline and go jack off on a keyboard to it?

Users who are viewing this thread