disapointed in drag results :(

tommy s

Established Member
Finally braught my shelby to the strip but could only get , 11.23 ,11.25, 11.28 @ 126 . whipple 2.9 , 3;73 , #72 injectors stock exhaust with off road pipe,M&H 325/45-17 . 696rwhp 60 foot 1.8 I think the tires are too big ?theire 28"

rodfarva

Established Member
Those tires should be perfect with those gears. Your 60' to times are killing you. What launch RPM? How much tire psi? Your trap speeds seem a lot low. Stock heat exchanger? If so, you're probably heat soaking very quickly.

tommy s

Established Member
launching at 5000rpm , afco heat exchanger , track hooked very well ,launched the shit out of it !! shifted at 6300-6400rpm. I ran the tires at 16lbs

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
He may also be suffering from too little side wall flex with the 17" drag radial. A 15" setup may decrease his 60' times.

Try a lower launch RPM, you are probably spinning off the line.

Dual fan afco?

Who tuned the car?

Last edited:

tommy s

Established Member
unfortunately, no fans on my afcos :( ,It's a jon Lund tune. I'm looking into addingf a fan or fans to my existing set up.

rodfarva

Established Member
When I initially installed my Afco heat exchanger the fans were not working, and my IAT2s were no better than stock. You definitely need the fans. Sell that unit and get you a Revan Racing unit.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
You need to do some logging. Looking at your times. Its consistent so I'd guess your just low on HP. Was this car Dyno tuned. How many pounds of boost ? What did it Dyno at ? What mods do you have. yOUR 60 is high. Just take off three tenths. So your running 10.80's to 10.90's @ 126 MPH. If it was hooked up. Then its right on the money for 126 MPH. My guess is, its low on HP for some reason.

tommy s

Established Member
Man,this year I baught an alum.drive shaft and told the wife that was it...then I baught M&H tires and said that was it ...needed rims 4 tires so I said that was it ,,,,,, then clutch let go 1300$+167$ shipping .....if I put another part on it She said I'm gonna have to sleep in the car and she's gonna take the reste .... :(( and she wasen't joking !! Don't get me wrong I'd love an revanracing unit !!

69b302

Established Member
I would look into your suspension if your not hooking off the line. Heat soak should not impact your 60s much, as that is more launch technique and suspension. You still need good power off the line, but doubt you were heat soaked to a 1.8 being the best. The LCA relocation brackets can help launches if you do not have already.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Man,this year I baught an alum.drive shaft and told the wife that was it...then I baught M&H tires and said that was it ...needed rims 4 tires so I said that was it ,,,,,, then clutch let go 1300$+167$ shipping .....if I put another part on it She said I'm gonna have to sleep in the car and she's gonna take the reste .... :(( and she wasen't joking !! Don't get me wrong I'd love an revanracing unit !!

You don't want it to get to the point where she says, "THAT IS IT!", and she is not talking about the car, or anything to do with the car.

That "That is it" can get ugly, fast........

R

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
You don't want it to get to the point where she says, "THAT IS IT!", and she is not talking about the car, or anything to do with the car.

That "That is it" can get ugly, fast........

R

Experience talking? :pop:

I understand our toys are expensive, but women always shop too. Shoes, purses, clothing, etc....

I understand what he means when always having to buy something else to compete. It sucks, and the words, "This is the last thing I have to buy hunny" is always a lie, never say it. :lol1:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you're heat soaked before you even launch the car then the car didn't have enough cool down time. I take my heat exchanger off when I drag race. If the car is cold and you have a larger IC resevoir then a heat exchanger will only heat the fluid up that's ice cold. Why push it somewhere else that it doesn't have to go? Then on the street I run mine IC system in reverse. That way if I race the ice water still goes through the intercooler first.

How long between runs, did you let it idle in the staging lanes, what IC resevoir, and what temperature was it outside? Got a video? How fast do you shift?

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Some items that I have figured out. It never works just to keep throwing money/parts at a problem. Always figure out how to do more with less for a much happier result.

As for the personal stuff here is how it works at my house. I use an envelope system. Every paycheck we withhold a certain amount for food, cloths, Xmas, entertainment, gas, car repairs and doctor visits. X amount is invested each month for ESAs and retirement and X amount is set back for a car fund and X amount for the things she likes to do. It has been agreed to before hand. Guess what no one can get mad about buying cloths if it came out of the "clothing" envelope. No one can get mad if a new part is bought for the car if it came out of the "car" fund. It solves pretty much all arguments before they can even happen.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
From your trap speed it looks like you are down about 10mph or around 100HP. A longer cool down and don't sit in line with car running. Still seems low even for Heat soak issue.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Only race it in the WINTER it will be real fast!! When did you dyno it? Blower cars really suffer in the summer.

Seahorse

Established Member
I'd vote for heatsoak too with an H/E without fans. Before I installed my Afco (with dual fans), in back to back runs at the track I'd drop 4-5mph in trapspeed. Would have to give it at least half an hour cool down before the mph would come up again. What were the trackside temps?

Users who are viewing this thread