Disappointed - JLT RAI

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
01_OXFORD_SVT said:
Dude you can lick my nuts, The fact in my statement is clear, (1)Its a pain to Install and Uninstall (2)It rubs the hood blanket and Strut tower and (3) for your dumbass, As I said before I dont give a ****, Reading Comprehension is a must. Jackass.

Oh and another fact for your non intake installing ass, My car DID pick up HP and TQ across the board with this intake. HA!

Okay, now that you've showed us your @ss and maturity level, show us some fact based assesments of your "car DID pick up HP and TQ across the board with this intake" comment. Do you have any dyno sheets?

My car made 296rwhp with the stock air box and tube with a K&N drop in filter. With the JLT RAI and the same a/f ratio it made it made 298rwhp. Removing the silencer from the stock airbox resulted in more of a rwhp gain than the RAI. Therefore, it will be removed and placed on the shelf.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
na svt said:
Okay, now that you've showed us your @ss and maturity level, show us some fact based assesments of your "car DID pick up HP and TQ across the board with this intake" comment. Do you have any dyno sheets?

My car made 296rwhp with the stock air box and tube with a K&N drop in filter. With the JLT RAI and the same a/f ratio it made it made 298rwhp. Removing the silencer from the stock airbox resulted in more of a rwhp gain than the RAI. Therefore, it will be removed and placed on the shelf.

i think mods hate your car, more than they do mine :lol:

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
na svt said:

Here we go again.. I never stated that I had the RAI, I have the CAI and if you would really like dyno sheets then I can post them for you. Thank you for sharing.. I stated facts not opionions, Theoretically, this whole thread is opinion based. And we all have them, they all stink, so you can sniff mine, You no like, Me no care..

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Originally Posted by 01_OXFORD_SVT "Oh and another fact for your non intake installing @**, My car DID pick up HP and TQ across the board with this intake. HA!"

So what does "this intake" mean. Since the topic of this thread is RAIs I only assumed you were saying you had an RAI. Now if you would have said CAI we all would have understood what you were talking about.

Originally Posted by 01_OXFORD_SVT "Here we go again.. I never stated that I had the RAI, I have the CAI and if you would really like dyno sheets then I can post them for you. Thank you for sharing.. I stated facts not opionions, Theoretically, this whole thread is opinion based."

Yes, we would like to see some before and after dyno charts. It may help some people make an informed decision.

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I gained 11 rwhp with my CAI. It had a fan blowing on it. I don't have the dyno sheet. It was done at SCT back to back when they used my car.

I truly didn't buy it 100% for power. Yes I'm happy but I mostly bought it for looks. I like how the CAI cleans up the engine compartment.

Some people are truly funny on this site.

On the other hand how many of you truly gained what the company said you would when you bolted on a basic mod?

Last edited:

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
"This Intake" meaning a JLT intake. And if you read closely my posts have been about fittament, none, whatsoever about what style of JLT and all that other mess.. Yes fittament sucks BALLS, but I unlike other people choose function over form. I gould give a rats ass how it fits. The install and rubbing issues are not for the faint hearted. Now who else wants to get in my shit about my FACTUAL issues with MY JLT.?.?

And yes, when I get back home this week Ill gladly post before and after dyno charts..

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
01_OXFORD_SVT said:
"This Intake" meaning a JLT intake. And if you read closely my posts have been about fittament, none, whatsoever about what style of JLT and all that other mess.. Yes fittament sucks BALLS, but I unlike other people choose function over form. I gould give a rats ass how it fits. The install and rubbing issues are not for the faint hearted. Now who else wants to get in my shit about my FACTUAL issues with MY JLT.?.?

And yes, when I get back home this week Ill gladly post before and after dyno charts..

OMGSTFUA!!

VEGASDAN

Gambled and Won
Established Member
I have the BBK CAI it fits well and looks alot better than the JLT. I made 5 more RWHP than a stock box with K&N. JLT looks kinda cheap to me, but some people are making more power with it.

Cobra Kai

Never Dies
Established Member
na svt said:

Thanks for this post. I was considering this mod, but always felt skeptical that any aftermarket company invests as much time on the flow bench designing high performance systems than say an SVT engineer. :)

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Cobra Kai said:
Thanks for this post. I was considering this mod, but always felt skeptical that any aftermarket company invests as much time on the flow bench designing high performance systems than say an SVT engineer. :)

I doubt a SVT engineer had anything to do with the air intake.

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
01_OXFORD_SVT said:

one question......DOUBLE U, TEE, EFF!!! (wtf) is FITTAMENT????

i'm not trying to be a grammar whore or anything but if you mean FITMENT!?!?! at least spell it somewhat close to how it sounds and if that's not what you mean then once again...wtf is fittament?

Last edited:

Cobra Kai

Never Dies
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
I doubt a SVT engineer had anything to do with the air intake.

After the lawsuit over the non 320 HP producing Cobras, I am sure it was flowbenched AGAIN, being that it would be cheaper for them to hit the non lawsuit mark for the 2001s by re-doing the intake over paying for exhaust differences. FWIW, SRT engineers had so much input into the SRT 4's intake that they had to make a new air filter as OEM. It is a cone like ours. Just $.02. :)

tscripa

Very happy with my JLT RAI. Performs and looks great. Fits well, I do not have any rubbing problems. The only thing that would induce me to switch would be if I decide I need to add a strut tower brace.

CobraG

Established Member
Cobra Kai said:

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying really. I want my after market parts to have plenty of R&D

Users who are viewing this thread