Disturbing GT350 Exhaust revelation

BlownAway03

Established Member
OP is the man that's been bitching ever since he found out what dealers could get for them. Talked about his 10k discount on his c7z51(a car that he hated so much he did not keep it for a year), about the GT350 lack of power and how his discounted HC is so much better!

BlownAway03 this must be why Ben sold his HC and purchased two GT350, because of artificial interior sound the HC does not have!

Still lying, I see. I won't even bother correcting you again, since you obviously have some sort of issue. Let me just say, I love all cars.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting.

Wasn't there a fuse you could pull on the Ecoboost-Mustang to prevent it from emulating exhaust notes through the radio?

Wonder if it's the same setup?

At least it's not making fake/different sounding tone than what the exhaust is actually outputting.

Jfoster

Established Member
How does anyone know that by "enhancing", they don't mean that they are eliminating drone...or doing noise canceling of some kind? I don't know if it's true or not but I hate how people are so anxious to blow up a topic about a car they don't even own about facts that aren't checked. What happened to collecting facts before a person posts what they "know"?

BlownAway03

Established Member
Interesting.

Wasn't there a fuse you could pull on the Ecoboost-Mustang to prevent it from emulating exhaust notes through the radio?

At least it's not making fake/different sounding tone than what the exhaust is actually outputting.

It's very similar, if not the same system that the Ecoboost Stang is using.

BlownAway03

Established Member
How does anyone know that by "enhancing", they don't mean that they are eliminating drone...or doing noise canceling of some kind? I don't know if it's true or not but I hate how people are so anxious to blow up a topic about a car they don't even own about facts that aren't checked. What happened to collecting facts before a person posts what they "know"?

I don't see how this topic is being blown up in any way. I was just sharing a little info.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It would be great if they gave you the option to load your own sound board onto it. I mean, who wouldn't try the "Stihl Chainsaw" at least one time..

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
In the Focus RS, the sound enhancer can be shut of via IDS. I would imagine it's the same in other Ford products.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Still lying, I see. I won't even bother correcting you again, since you obviously have some sort of issue. Let me just say, I love all cars.

The details may be off a little but the basic facts are true. You can't stand the 350 because of adm. You bragged about money off the vette yet did not keep it because it was not what you call an ego car like the 700 HC.

BlownAway03

Established Member
The details may be off a little but the basic facts are true. You can't stand the 350 because of adm. You bragged about money off the vette yet did not keep it because it was not what you call an ego car like the 700 HC.

You're hilarious. I don't hate any car. The GT350 is a great accomplishment for Ford and an awesome car at msrp. I don't think any car is worth over sticker, therefore I don't pay over sticker. I can't fault a car for being popular enough to command premiums. All I can do is take my money elsewhere until the dust settles. And you should know that money wasn't the issue since a Hellcat easily costs as much as a GT350 with a hefty adm. The Vette is in my opinion the best you can buy for that price range. The absolute only reasons mine is gone is first, I had a child on the way and knew my driving time would go way down. Second, I like switching out cars and a deal came up on the Hellcat, so I jumped on it. Stop being so ridiculous. It's really not that complicated. Every car I've owned, I liked. There's just too many out there for me to form emotional attachments. I shouldn't have addressed you since I don't see how my personal choices have anything to do with the Fact that Ford pipes sound through GT350 speakers.

krt22

Established Member
No wonder everyone has been raving over the GT350 exhaust. It's artificailly enhanced inside the vehicle, a la BMW. Though this doesn'the affect whats heard outside, For a purist type car, this seems really cheesy to me. I stumbled upon this info on a neighboring mustang forum. This is quoted from a Ford service document.

"ESE - 2.3L And 5.2L ESE is an audio system feature that enhances certain engine tones typically induced under wide openthrottle or heavy part-throttle conditions. The system uses a DACMC (contained within the ACM) and theaudio system speakers.The DACMC determines the engine tone to enhance based upon engine rotation speed data, engine torquedata, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM. The data from the PCM is processed and convertedinto an analog audio signal, transmitted to the DACMC internal tone generator, and output by the ACM to theaudio DSP module as fluctuating AC voltage. The audio DSP module sends the signal to the LHF and RHFdoor midwoofer (without Shaker) or woofer (with Shaker) speakers and right and left parcel shelf (with 5.2L)speakers as fluctuating AC voltage."

Have you driven in one? Even if this is going on, its not at all noticeable. The car is so loud in sport mode I just turn the radio off and roll down the windows 95% of the time. I assure you the sound you hear them is 100% natural and not enhanced at all. Going WOT next to a k-wall or through a tunnel will confirm that all of the sound is from the exhaust.

I'm guessing in normal mode with the windows up is the only time you might pickup on it, but in that case the car is extremely quiet anyway. Not a single publication or reviewer has mentioned it,

Doesnt at all take away from the car, just another silly tidbit for haters and overly-fickle types dwell on for zero reason at all. The only ones "disappointed" by this are those who don't actually own the cars. If you owned one you would be ripping around in sport mode all the time so this little tidbit won't matter either way

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
ga060828.jpg

Jfoster

Established Member
Found this on another forum...although it reads a little bit differently...

Active Noise Control

Active noise control is an audio system feature that eliminates some of the low frequency engine noise within the passenger compartment typically induced under wide open throttle or heavy part-throttle conditions. The system uses 3 microphones, a DACMC, and the audio system speakers. The DACMC determines the noise frequency to be canceled based upon engine rotation speed data from the PCM and the microphone input signals.

While the engine is running, the active noise control microphones located in the front and rear of the headliner monitor the engine noise resonating in the passenger compartment. The microphones transmit this noise as analog signals to the DACMC, where they are converted into digital signals by the integrated analog/digital converter. The digital signals are processed and an inverted phase sound wave with the same amplitude as the original sound is created. This new sound is converted into an analog audio signal and output by the DACMC internal tone generator to all of the speakers except the instrument panel center speaker (if equipped).

65sohc

Established Member
This is quoted from a Ford service document.

"ESE - 2.3L And 5.2L ESE is an audio system feature that enhances certain engine tones typically induced under wide openthrottle or heavy part-throttle conditions. The system uses a DACMC (contained within the ACM) and theaudio system speakers.The DACMC determines the engine tone to enhance based upon engine rotation speed data, engine torquedata, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM. The data from the PCM is processed and convertedinto an analog audio signal, transmitted to the DACMC internal tone generator, and output by the ACM to theaudio DSP module as fluctuating AC voltage. The audio DSP module sends the signal to the LHF and RHFdoor midwoofer (without Shaker) or woofer (with Shaker) speakers and right and left parcel shelf (with 5.2L)speakers as fluctuating AC voltage."

This is cooler than shit.

conceptmachine

Established Member
This is going to change ZERO minds on purchasing this car. If people spent more time actually being productive wouldn't the world be a better place...

Lemers

Established Member
If it's designed to make the engine noise more palatable by reducing frequencies that are annoying to the ear; that's fine.

But if it is just playing fake engine noises for the passengers then that is cheesy.

-------------------------------------------------
2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 April (Kaiserslautern, Germany), under MSRP

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I imagine the only enhancement it really does is clean up some rasp or drone. It's really not a end of the world situation. Well of you're a baby it probably is, lol.
Interesting.

They pull the plug out of the mic in the headliner.

If it's really that much of a issue have the dealer turn off the noise control or unplug the mic. In concept it's no different than swapping out the OE muffler for a aftermarket one.. now it's done with computers and not with physical parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

03Predator

Established Member
It's not blaring it from exterior speakers, and it sounds fantastic from outside as it is, so I don't see the gripe at all.

^^^
This! And does it work if the stereo isn't turned on? Not that I care. The exhaust note is amazing outside the car. I don't even care how it sounds inside the car. LOL

bknapp

Established Member
I think it's badass. You get all the good noise and none of the bad. How can anyone see this as a negative? Nice try OP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jorday

Established Member
Assuming it was easy to do, I'd most likely disable it if I had one. The car is still awesome though and I'd still buy even it it wasn't possible to disable.

Users who are viewing this thread