Disturbing GT350 Exhaust revelation

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
the sounds this car brings to the driver and passengers are awesome. so what if it involves a litttle "engeneering" and dont forget how good it sounds outside too!

DieselDr

Established Member
I have a similar technology implanted in my wife's chest. Just a few hours ago when her breasts were smothering me I surely wasn't thinking how fake and cheesy is this. I was just enjoying myself and thankful for my purchase!

End thread?

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
It can be turned off.. but the focus uses a different configuration than the Mustangs and other fords.. it can be disabled.. but there is no option in IDS to do it.. it honestly is inaudible.. it is actually a noise cancelation system more than an engine enhancement.. your car has pics located in the head liner that measure the interior noise and actively produce frequencies to eliminate unwanted noises.. if you unplug one of the pics it will also disable the enhanced engine noise..

Imatk

Established Member
I think this is just awful... you guys should just give your GT350s away because of this.

BTW if you need my address just PM me ;)

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Found this on another forum...although it reads a little bit differently...

Makes perfect sense. My SRT Grand Cherokee has something similar to cover up the awful drone when it goes into 4-cylinder mode. Of course, with the corsa exhaust, it doesn't work that well anymore.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I own a new M3 with this same feature, they call it ASD in BMW land. I also work for BMW and there are a few other cars they implement this system into as well.

If I took you for a ride in my car you would never know they are piping in "fake" sounds into the interior. You cannot tell at all. It is not like they are blaring it through the speakers at high volumes, it is nothing of the sort. When BMW came out with this system the BMW purists lost their damn minds. They did not realize what it was or how it worked. All they thought was that if they got into the car and drove it that BMW was piping in sounds from a Gran Turismo video game. Its very very far from that. I do not mind it at all since you can barely hear it, its subtle if you know it is there and sounds like it belongs there. For us BMW guys, if you really hate it that much, you reach into the trunk and unplug the ASD module, or there are various software/tunes that can shut it off. I can turn it on and off on the fly through my steering wheel controls (aftermarket software) if I really wanted to.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Tip of the iceberg.

I wonder if GT owners will balk if a similar system is put into play in an attempt to make the V6 sound like something more. New Raptor as well.

Already in the ecoboost cars.

LUV2REV

Established Member
I own a new M3 with this same feature, they call it ASD in BMW land. I also work for BMW and there are a few other cars they implement this system into as well.

If I took you for a ride in my car you would never know they are piping in "fake" sounds into the interior. You cannot tell at all. It is not like they are blaring it through the speakers at high volumes, it is nothing of the sort. When BMW came out with this system the BMW purists lost their damn minds. They did not realize what it was or how it worked. All they thought was that if they got into the car and drove it that BMW was piping in sounds from a Gran Turismo video game. Its very very far from that. I do not mind it at all since you can barely hear it, its subtle if you know it is there and sounds like it belongs there. For us BMW guys, if you really hate it that much, you reach into the trunk and unplug the ASD module, or there are various software/tunes that can shut it off. I can turn it on and off on the fly through my steering wheel controls (aftermarket software) if I really wanted to.

The F80/82 M3/4 sound terrible in stock guise, BMW really missed the boat getting the sound right on these cars. Unplug the ASD module and the car sounds like a muffled burr grinder.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
The F80/82 M3/4 sound terrible in stock guise, BMW really missed the boat getting the sound right on these cars. Unplug the ASD module and the car sounds like a muffled burr grinder.

Very true. That is the only thing I hate about my car. I do not know how they managed to make it sound so terrible. I added catless downpipes and keep the exhaust valves open. It helped a ton but still sounds like crap at certain RPMs.

rickdew

Jay, I was told to get in touch with you regarding a L&M 72mm twin TB that I purchased used from another member here. I can't get it to work, and am ready to send it back. Matt asked me to contact you about this. Both my tuner in Tampa and VMP cannot or will not make it work. This is urgent. Ideas? Rick [email protected] or rdew at outlook dot com.

Users who are viewing this thread