Do these HP and torque numbers sound right for my 04 Cobra?

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
I'm new to this site, but just wanting to hear some feedback on my horsepower and torque numbers from my 2004 Mystichrome Cobra. I have a Stage 5 Steg port, 2.76 upper & 4lb lower, longtubes, heat exchanger, CAI, Accufab TB and plen, 26 spline input shaft, Spec Stage 3 clutch, IRS brace, BBK x-pipe w/ flowmasters, KB-BAP, 60 lb injectors, SCT 2600 MAFS, and NOS plate w/ 150 shot. I had this car tuned at Modular Depot last Thursday, and it made 518 rwhp and 543 torque with 19 degrees of timing, then on nitrous it made 701rwhp and 780 torque with 17 degrees of timing. This is my first 04 cobra and I put everything on it myself. Does these numbers sound right to anyone who knows about this setup or to anyone that has run this setup?

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
I don't know a lot about the newer Cobra's, I have always had foxbody coupes. I have a Mach 1 straight axle w/ 31 spline axles and a TA cover that I want to get put on asap, so I can take it to the track before racing season is over. Does anyone know what kinda times I should expect in the 1/8th and 1/4th of mile? I know the 60 foot and the driver has a lot to do with it too.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
It really just depends on if you can get it to hook. Even without the spray you have enough power to get into the low 11s/high 10s with the right launch.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
thats kinda what i was thinking high 10s on motor and i was told low 10s on nitrous. i cant wait to see. also if anyone know what is the normal slick size used on these cars and what back spacing wheel. thanks alot for the feedback.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
26" slicks usually with stock gears, I forget the BS of the wheels....

Any weight reduction? If not it will take some practice to hit those 10's, but the car definitely has the power for it! :beer:

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
no weight reduction yet but i would like to k-member and put alumastar wheels on. what else can you do to shave off some weight with out taking out interior and scraficing the way it drives. again thanks for any info.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
With the HP that Twin Screwed Terminators and setups like yours put down the 1/4 mile times usually are quite poor, trap speed MPH is good but ET's ??? You see 600 cars running mid to high 11's!

Last edited:

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
i hope it goes faster than high 11s i have been 11.97 with my 03 mach 1 with 125 shot. i would be real disapointed. mabye iam expecting to much.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If you don't hit 10's without the nos, theres a problem.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
i guess the next thing for me is try to work on the fuel pumps they said i was at like 95% duty cycle on the pumps. what would be the easiest and cheapest way to do that. any info would be appericated. thanks

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
yes it is pre fpdm. i have the wiring up grade for the bap. if you wire it after will that make a diff. they have the bap wide open.thanks

cobracide

Established Member
No problem. The only thing left after the GT pumps is getting the wire upgrade straight from the relay to the trunk. -8an Make sure your FPDM doesn't run hot as it's the only thing left to upgrade if need be (dual fpdm or modified).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread