Do these HP and torque numbers sound right for my 04 Cobra?

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
Great numbers and that car should see 23*'s on the Blower only Tune and should be worth another 20hp or so. Chances are they "might" be commanding it in the Tune but they didn't let the car cool down long enough so it was probably pulling timing. Then again they might not be commanding it either if they told you that you could spray it on the street tune. You got hp left on the table.

I'd be pissed because you don't know the best numbers the car can put out and IMO they were beating on your car on the dyno.

yeah thats what i though i was us kinda upset on the timing on motor it was only 73 deg. that day and he only made 2 pulls and motor and the carsat there for 1 1/2 before they tuned it i drove the car there and then put the 60lbers and mafs before they even got there that morning. i would like to have got all i could on motor but i guess it safe.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
Great numbers and that car should see 23*'s on the Blower only Tune and should be worth another 20hp or so. Chances are they "might" be commanding it in the Tune but they didn't let the car cool down long enough so it was probably pulling timing. Then again they might not be commanding it either if they told you that you could spray it on the street tune. You got hp left on the table.

I'd be pissed because you don't know the best numbers the car can put out and IMO they were beating on your car on the dyno.

are you the car one of my friends were telling me about at clay city. they said there was a redfire conv. that was putting down some god times.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^I'd say that would have to be me lol. Typically I run there before anywhere else.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
^I'd say that would have to be me lol. Typically I run there before anywhere else.

his name was duke and he had the purple 88 lx down there i believe that day. also what kinda tires are you running. that what i need to get figured out next. i have 315/35/17 nittos right now and iam not shure if i can get a tire to make my car hook on the spray on the street.any advice. thanks

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
his name was duke and he had the purple 88 lx down there i believe that day. also what kinda tires are you running. that what i need to get figured out next. i have 315/35/17 nittos right now and iam not shure if i can get a tire to make my car hook on the spray on the street.any advice. thanks

Pretty sure I remember that car. Ran like 153mph or something crazy? I still like M&H Drag Radials and they do not run small anymore! Plus they seem to offer some good sizes for 17&18" rims with a decent sidewall to them. Or more sidewall than Nitto or BFG offers. Total crap shoot on if it will hook at all on the street with any tire for that matter.

M&H Racemaster Drag Radials

M&H's Drag Radials

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
Pretty sure I remember that car. Ran like 153mph or something crazy? I still like M&H Drag Radials and they do not run small anymore! Plus they seem to offer some good sizes for 17&18" rims with a decent sidewall to them. Or more sidewall than Nitto or BFG offers. Total crap shoot on if it will hook at all on the street with any tire for that matter.

M&H Racemaster Drag Radials

M&H's Drag Radials

ill check into that tire i had mickey et streets 26/11.5/17 on my mach 1 and they done good at the track so i put them on the cobra on the street they were no good. i know its alot harder to get something to work on the street. with a staight axel do you know what is the biggest tire and wheel combo you can run. if so what bs. wheel and then i will base my gear set up from that. any info would greatly be appericated. thanks

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
Steve you need to get some pics up of the beast.....

i will just as soon as i can. iam trying to get all my stuff together for the big race with the yellowkb beast. i want to beat him so bad i dont know what to do. his followers around town said they dont see how i can but will see. iam for shure getting this on video. if i win its great i have $17k in mine hes got how knows in his i would hate to say. i have it full of 110 and ready to spray the hell out of it. should be good....

cystang

Established Member
I think it will be a real good race you doing it tonight?..
i will just as soon as i can. iam trying to get all my stuff together for the big race with the yellowkb beast. i want to beat him so bad i dont know what to do. his followers around town said they dont see how i can but will see. iam for shure getting this on video. if i win its great i have $17k in mine hes got how knows in his i would hate to say. i have it full of 110 and ready to spray the hell out of it. should be good....

Users who are viewing this thread