Do these HP and torque numbers sound right for my 04 Cobra?

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
also on motor he say that the car never get more than 19 deg of timing on motor. iam not shure but that seem low i called him back and ask him if we put a few more degrees of timing would that give me any more power and he said not really so does any have any info on this. dont mean to ask so many ? but like i said this is my first round with the 03-04 cobra. thanks

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
ok i got what you are saying i have the 8ga. wire to the back and the relay already wired up. on the 8an what would be best just buy the kit from lethal that has the line,fittings,aeromotive filter,and fitting to hook to the rail.i think it is around $280. thanks again

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
thanks on the nice # i just got the car about 3 months ago and have put less than 1000 miles on it. it was bone stock when i bought it. it be fun and alot of work ut worth it so far. i had all kind of mixed reviews on the nitrous but it seems to work great pulls real hard on the street when its not spinning. it hooks good in 3rd and 4th so thats not to bad.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
the tunner told me that if i want to run 110 octane i would be able to spray it on motor tune and should make about 30 to 40 more hp but iam not shure about doing that.

cobracide

Established Member
the tunner told me that if i want to run 110 octane i would be able to spray it on motor tune and should make about 30 to 40 more hp but iam not shure about doing that.

Sure, best to get a flip chip multiple tune setup if you want a multi-octane setup. An X3 with multiple tune loads is awkward. You always will need a 91/83 tune if you want to go somewhere far unless you are carrying octane boost with you.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
i have a x3 and it does have 2 tunes one on 93 motor and the other is 93 n2o but what he said is if i need a little more at the track or street i could spray on motor tune and make 30 to 40 more. thanks

cobracide

Established Member
i have a x3 and it does have 2 tunes one on 93 motor and the other is 93 n2o but what he said is if i need a little more at the track or street i could spray on motor tune and make 30 to 40 more. thanks

oh, ok got ya but I would still be wanting a dedicated spray tune. The X3 can usually hold three tunes.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Your numbers look fine. I had pretty much the same setup and really close to the same on and off the sauce.

Gearheadz

Crazy Car Guy
Established Member
stock heaton, pullyed, long tubes and a 175 shot.
100_0466.gif

id say due a small cell for the fuel system for the spray so your not taxing what you have now. run race gas in the cell too. will leave more room for error IMO. i dont like running them at 95%. does not give much room for cooler temps

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
that dyno sheet is from my friends black 04 at dyno days about 2 weeks ago in col. ohio and i think you were the guy that said there was no way we were running that much nitrous. also the only had a 125 shot on that car. my car was done at modular depot thursday and made around 85 more hp to the wheels than him with 150 shot it made around 185 more hp. i believe you were the one that said we would be picking the pistons up off the ground after that run. he still spraying his and ive been spraying mine. i know it wont last forever but it fun for now.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Great numbers and that car should see 23*'s on the Blower only Tune and should be worth another 20hp or so. Chances are they "might" be commanding it in the Tune but they didn't let the car cool down long enough so it was probably pulling timing. Then again they might not be commanding it either if they told you that you could spray it on the street tune. You got hp left on the table.

I'd be pissed because you don't know the best numbers the car can put out and IMO they were beating on your car on the dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread