Do you have a very fast Mach 1?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Guys:

Long time member here but obviously I don't spend a lot of time in the Mach 1 forum because I didn't have a Mach 1 until recently.

Right now I'm building up a road racing Mach 1 and although I can't say a lot about the car at this time (Secret Weapon project) but I can tell you it's going to be STUPID fast.

Well, I didn't want to put the rear Mach 1 emblem on the rear deck lid because I'm sure you all know how heavy that thing is! ;-) And THIS car is going to be a LOT faster than your average Mach 1 so I want to call the car a Mach II. I had some decals made up which were copied off of the OEM emblem and the guy ran a whole sheet of them and I only wanted like four. So I have a few to unload if anyone is interested. I can drop them in the mail so shipping is no big deal.

Here's a pic:

machiiyz7.jpg

I wish the guy would have let me proof it because as you can see, the gap between the I's forming the II is somewhat narrow. But it could be trimmed out with an Exacto knife pretty easily. All you need to do is open up that slit of an opening there before you put it on the car so more of the car color shows through between the I's. It's not a big enough deal to redo this one. I'm kind of a perfectionist and it looks like it could be better.

I'm looking to get $4.00 shipped for them. Let me know if any of you are interested. Drop me a PM.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

radaman

Established Member
People have different opinions as to what they believe fast is. Ill say 12.99 or better is quick, 11.99 or better is pretty quick, 10.99 or better is fast and anything under 9.99 is blazn'...these are for DD street cars.

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
People have different opinions as to what they believe fast is. Ill say 12.99 or better is quick, 11.99 or better is pretty quick, 10.99 or better is fast and anything under 9.99 is blazn'...these are for DD street cars.

This is for road racing.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
any pics of this monster?

To tell you the truth, the cat can't quite be let out of the bag yet! ;-)

But initial target weight sans driver is going to be 2,500# WITH an IRS. Push rod stroker 347 power plant with a Tremec 5 spd. F-R weight distribution is going to be approx 51-49%.

The car is a road race car as mentioned above and it will flat out embarass a C6-Z06 when I'm done with it! :p

:pepper::pepper:

JMach1

Established Member
Took mine to track first time yesterday. Best time of 14.1 @ 104mph. I need DR's. My current tire setup is too expensive to burn off, so no spinning and no hooking very well. I'm sure my current setup is good for mid 13's with DR's. After DR's, gears and tune I should be low 13's. :rockon:

03AV8R

Established Member
But initial target weight sans driver is going to be 2,500# WITH an IRS. Push rod stroker 347 power plant with a Tremec 5 spd. F-R weight distribution is going to be approx 51-49%.

The car is a road race car as mentioned above and it will flat out embarass a C6-Z06 when I'm done with it! :p

:pepper::pepper:

You had me right up to the part about the Tremec 5-Speed.. What a POS tranny for any kinda racing.. Good luck with that.. You couldnt have picked a worse tranny.. Ive got a Brand New one i cant even GIVE AWAY on the Registry.. My highest offer so far is $350 & ive gotta ship it.. Nobody wants em.. There terrible unless your just planning to go get groceries or beer with it!! :D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
You had me right up to the part about the Tremec 5-Speed.. What a POS tranny for any kinda racing.. Good luck with that.. You couldnt have picked a worse tranny.. Ive got a Brand New one i cant even GIVE AWAY on the Registry.. My highest offer so far is $350 & ive gotta ship it.. Nobody wants em.. There terrible unless your just planning to go get groceries or beer with it!! :D

It's a Tremec TKO600. I'll bring a school bus to haul away every single one you can get your hands on for $350.00 a pop! ;-):poke::p

TRXboy

Established Member
I was hoping you would build a solid and smoke some vettes with the old school tech. Oh well, im sure you car is going to be Silly either way man:banana:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
stickers are gay as hell.

But they are light! Every ounce that goes on this car is scrutinized. :read::idea:

I was hoping you would build a solid and smoke some vettes with the old school tech. Oh well, im sure you car is going to be Silly either way man:banana:

This is a road race car, and I wouldn't put a stick axle in the car if you held a gun to my head! :fart: Stick axles are for people that drive in a straight line and only turn the steering wheel at the end of the 1/4 mi. ;-):poke::p

TRXboy

Established Member
On a side note, how do you plan on cuting weight that much? BTW, Please tell me you are going to retro fit the shaker ontop of that motor. That would be fantastic.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
So I guess the IRS I sold you is going in this Mach 1? :rockon:

ac427cobra said:
This is a road race car, and I wouldn't put a stick axle in the car if you held a gun to my head! :fart: Stick axles are for people that drive in a straight line and only turn the steering wheel at the end of the 1/4 mi. ;-):poke::p

:lol:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Okay, just throw a road racing suspension on a car that can run 9.99...:shrug:

Ha ha, I doubt the car would run a 9:99. :shrug: Maybe high 10's or low 11's but certainly NOT with ME driving!

On a side note, how do you plan on cuting weight that much? BTW, Please tell me you are going to retro fit the shaker ontop of that motor. That would be fantastic.

The weight has already been removed from the car. The car would probably weigh 2,250# without all of the cage in it. No excess anything. No dash, no glass, (lexan) just door skins etc. No shaker either. I have a gutted 19# GT hood I'm going to be putting on.

So I guess the IRS I sold you is going in this Mach 1? :rockon:

:lol:

No, your IRS will just be for spares. The IRS is already in the car, completely rebuilt and waiting for a motor to rock and roll! :pepper:

TRXboy

Established Member
Yeah because you can't drive or anything (modest much?) Really excited to see this one...so I guess...no shaker?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Well guys, it's been a long and winding road to bring the Mach back to life again! But, she's alive nonetheless! :dancenana:

Started life as a 2004 Mach I BIW.

Some minor modifications from factory trim and she's ready to rock once again!

She is going to need some work before she's ready to fully rock! But it's a start!

copiousfirstfire004.jpg

First dyno:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKqyzZ7lX0k"]YouTube - Secret Weapon Dyno with captions[/ame]

Stay tuned for tack vids! :pop:

ZR-1's be forewarned!!!

Users who are viewing this thread