Do you have a very fast Mach 1?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
First lap in the car:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqhsh0hjroE"]YouTube - Copious First lap sm[/ame]

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
nice car and all but correct me if im wrong the only thing "mach" about the car is the color right?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Wicked build what are the #'s?

Dry weight is in the 2,675# range. RWHP is down about 50 and I hope to have that close to (or even over) 500 after the 1-7/8" custom long tubes are on.

nice car and all but correct me if im wrong the only thing "mach" about the car is the color right?

This car came off the Ford production line as a Mach 1 in 2004. It was a BIW and the Ford engineers that built the car were able to pull a few strings to get a Mach chassis.

But correct you are, the only thing MACH about it is the chassis. It has a push rod motor, Tremec TKO-600 trans, Cobra IRS, Terminator hood and front fascia and a crap load of chassis stiffening. Most likely the stiffest SN-95 chassis on the planet! :dw:

Getting a little more comfortable in the car on day two:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ElhuLqhos"]YouTube - Secret Weapon Day Two med[/ame]

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Are you running a full coilover setup? My car pushes really bad in corners, but I have H&R race in the back and 325lb coilovers up front. I'm saving up for rear coilovers though, but would like to get a rough idea on what I should get for mine, based off yours. :beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
he has a fully built irs for road racing! its a race car that has been gutted and built specifically for the track. bruce probably could not begin to tell you all the places the chasis has been strengthened/built.

he could tell you based on his 00r car that he has. the chasis and weight charactoristics would much closer to the actual mach 1 that was produced.

if your looking for coilovers for the live axle i would suggest griggsracing, and koni coilovers.

98 blown cobra with the griggs suspension(koni coilovers on all 4 corners) on the live axle rear end.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzpDOFOvdek"]YouTube - Griggs GR40 Mustang at Virginia City Hill Climb[/ame]

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Are you running a full coilover setup? My car pushes really bad in corners, but I have H&R race in the back and 325lb coilovers up front. I'm saving up for rear coilovers though, but would like to get a rough idea on what I should get for mine, based off yours. :beer:

Yes, the car is full coil-over set-up. Spring rate comparison can't be done because my heaviest corner of the car is under 800# and my lightest corner is under 700#. This is with me in the car and full of fuel. Chances are your car is heavier. Not to mention my spring rates are in Newton Meters.

Whoever you buy the coil-overs from should be able to assist you though.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
sweet car bruce..... always enjoy watching your race videos!!!

Jeremy:

The car is being prepped for Road America next weekend. It's going to be exciting to get the car on a real race track and see what it can do!

Glad you're enjoying the vids. More vids to come!!!

Users who are viewing this thread