Do you have a very fast Mach 1?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
so why the pushrod motor?

Weight and power.

what is the exhaust setup?

what cam you running?

It's the old Ford Motorsport shorties with a custom header back that originally came with the car from the original builders. As soon as I have a window it's going for 1-7/8" custom LT's with a side exit Dr. Gas Boom Tube.

Cam's top secret! ;-)

Isn't it kinda stupid to start building a car like this with a mach instead of a v6 roller?

The car started life as a BIW.

sounds mean as hell though!

It's down right deafening! :dw:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
It's the old Ford Motorsport shorties with a custom header back that originally came with the car from the original builders. As soon as I have a window it's going for 1-7/8" custom LT's with a side exit Dr. Gas Boom Tube.

Cam's top secret! ;-)

Top secret! C'mon...sounds good i suspect custom grind but from who..:shrug:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Sooo what does BIW mean?

It sounds evil, I love it. Who cares what the heart is.

BIW = Body In White

Or in this case, Body in Blue. (Ford engineers have the ability to pull strings here and there)

shell%20-%20front%20side.jpg

Yeah, that's a Terminator bumper!

She's going to the track (not the 1,320') at the end of the month and I will hopefully be shooting some vids!

Stay tuned! :pop:

EVO-lution

Established Member
To tell you the truth, the cat can't quite be let out of the bag yet! ;-)

But initial target weight sans driver is going to be 2,500# WITH an IRS. Push rod stroker 347 power plant with a Tremec 5 spd. F-R weight distribution is going to be approx 51-49%.

The car is a road race car as mentioned above and it will flat out embarass a C6-Z06 when I'm done with it! :p

:pepper::pepper:

boooo pics or ban:D hahaha j/k. can't wait to see the monster behind the blue skin

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
boooo pics or ban:D hahaha j/k. can't wait to see the monster behind the blue skin

The car ended up a little heavier than I had hoped. It's at about 2,660# dry. I do plan on pulling approximately 80# or so additional weight out of it.

Here's the first dyno run:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKqyzZ7lX0k"]YouTube - Secret Weapon Dyno with captions[/ame]

Enjoy!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

EVO-lution

Established Member
BIW = Body In White

Or in this case, Body in Blue. (Ford engineers have the ability to pull strings here and there)

shell%20-%20front%20side.jpg

Yeah, that's a Terminator bumper!

She's going to the track (not the 1,320') at the end of the month and I will hopefully be shooting some vids!

Stay tuned! :pop:

DAMN....talk about a stripped car. Hey at least whoever stole everything outta it replaced the bumper with a termi bumper hahahaha:D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
DAMN....talk about a stripped car. Hey at least whoever stole everything outta it replaced the bumper with a termi bumper hahahaha:D

It also has a Termi hood on it now. So it's technically not exactly a Mach I anymore. That's just how the shell started out.

EVO-lution

Established Member
wait let me ask one question. Now I'm not trying to flame you or bash your project in anyway, but why didn't u just buy a V/6 stang and strip that and then leave the mach alone?

BigRedMach1

Established Member
a Body In White is a shell that did not pass the Ford quality control specs. It was intended to be a Mach 1, but because of some imperfections, it was never fully built. So the resulting shell of a car, or Body In White, is sold to racers. The OP never bought a full out mach 1, he simply bought a mach 1 shell with no running gear, engine, or interior. If memory serves me right, either 5.0 or MMFF magazine did a whole buildup of a body in white mach 1, a couple of years ago. do a web search and you will probably find the whole article online. Please stop thinking the OP ruined a perfectly good limited edition mach 1.
wait let me ask one question. Now I'm not trying to flame you or bash your project in anyway, but why didn't u just buy a V/6 stang and strip that and then leave the mach alone?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
a Body In White is a shell that did not pass the Ford quality control specs. It was intended to be a Mach 1, but because of some imperfections, it was never fully built. So the resulting shell of a car, or Body In White, is sold to racers. The OP never bought a full out mach 1, he simply bought a mach 1 shell with no running gear, engine, or interior. If memory serves me right, either 5.0 or MMFF magazine did a whole buildup of a body in white mach 1, a couple of years ago. do a web search and you will probably find the whole article online. Please stop thinking the OP ruined a perfectly good limited edition mach 1.

:-D

Correct you are. This car is a stripped sheetmetal shell directly out of the dip and paint booth. No engine, no suspension, no insulation, no wiring, no bumpers, no hood, no nothing!

This saves racers a boat load of time stripping all of the unecessary crap out of car so it's nice and light to race.

Normally these are always BIW's. But the Ford employees that built this car requested a blue Mach shell.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

EVO-lution

Established Member

I never said he did. I was just curious. Whetehr he would have stripped an original mach 1 down or not thats the OP decision.

But thanx BigRed for explaining. I didn't know what that meant. I never heard the term before.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread