Do you support hunting? If not, maybe you should.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I dont support hunting if you only do it to display a thropy. IMO that's cowardly.
Now if you eat the animal you killed I have no problem with that.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Buck + huge rack = one in the heart.

I prefer neck shots, easier to dress and less meat wasted, they typically go down with one shot.

My cousin showed me how to jeep-skin a deer last fall, man is that slick and fast and no ripped meat; anyone else use the jeep-skinning method?

To all those 'meat' eaters that say hunting is no longer necessary just keep eating that store bought meat, I'll feed my family organic, antibiotic and steroid free venison, boar, wild turkey, waterfowl and upland game birds.

01vert

Established Member
i don't support it. i envision many situations where you have some moron trying to impress his friends by making a long shot. wounding an animal for fun is bullshit. that being said, if you are moral about it then i have no problems with it.

for those that hunt, how common is the aforementioned scenario?

Should be rare. Many people solitary hunt. Also, no one wants to miss a shot if you are with someone. Most would consider a "friend" a moron for taking a long shot that they know is beyond their capabilities.

Also, for anyone that eats meat but is opposed to hunting as "inhumane" go look at vids of slaughterhouses. A hunter has to make a deliberate choice to look at what he eats BEFORE it is a tasty prepackaged steak at the store. I think that hunting for meat is much more of a decision than simply eating meat and being ignorant of where and how it gets to your plate.

As for hunting predators. Hunting coyote when they harass livestock or kill domestic animals is ok with me. As for hunting other predators, not what I would do but as long as they are not endangered and it is legal I do not judge. BTW, bear meat is edible if not kinda greasey. Hunting predators that have become unafraid of humans is ok to me as I dont want to see a kid mauled by a bear in his backyard eating trash or a coyote doing the same.

Last edited:

LSUstang05

Established Member
i don't support it. i envision many situations where you have some moron trying to impress his friends by making a long shot. wounding an animal for fun is bullshit. that being said, if you are moral about it then i have no problems with it.

for those that hunt, how common is the aforementioned scenario?

Not very. You'd find that most true hunters are more friendly towards the environment and wildlife than the average joe. They know that if the environment is lost, so is their love. Almost every hunter I know will shoot twice if they believe they didn't kill the animal on the first shot.

And I agree with the article. Duck is by far some of the best food I've ever had. Although my girlfriend's dad hunts elk once a year (provides him with food for a whole year :eek: ) and we just had some elk steaks and elk brats and I think I'm sold on elk steak instead of beef steak for sure.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Should be rare. Many people solitary hunt. Also, no one wants to miss a shot if you are with someone. Most would consider a "friend" a moron for taking a long shot that they know is beyond their capabilities.

I agree, long shots typically get you wounded animals, long tracks and pain in the arss drags if you ever find the thing.

Last edited:

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
I am a hunter. I do not kill animals just because I like to watch them die. That is barbaric. I hunt because I enjoy the outdoors. I love being out in creation. It's my time to forget all my problems and relax. I love the thrill of the chase, the rush of adrenaline as I prepare for the shot. I take it upon myself to be an ethical outdoorsman, and take my game as cleanly and humanly as possible. I do my part in the conservation of wildlife and their habitat.

For those of you who disagree, saying that hunting is wrong, I'm not going to change your mind. No one can do that (especially over the internet!) All I ask is that you respect my decision to hunt, and I shall respect your decision not to hunt.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
i hunt and i love it...its more then the kill.. its being away from everything and the actual hunt that makes it fun. seeing a nice buck in a field in the afternoon before the season starts and saying to yourself "i want him on the wall" then going out and scouting, looking for his rubs, scrapes, figureing out his path then forming a plan to get close enough to shoot him without getting busted is what makes it for me. getting one with the bow is even more exciting. i shoot my bow year round so know my stuff is right that way no animal is wounded. without hunting the deer population would be out of control.

baiting is legal here and i take full advantage most of the time however i have only killed one buck on corn the rest was just sitting on their trail. i dont see anything wrong with baiting, around here the smart deer know not to even come to corn till after dark

:bash:

Baiting is for pussies.. Let your balls drop and HUNT the animal, not wait for it to crawl into your lap and keel over

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I preffer bow hunting, didn't get to do any last year, but got some gear for xmass, so I'll atleast get out the targets soon.
Snow sucks tho, cuz once the arrow is under the snow, that shit is gone, unless it somehow sticks up abit, or you step on it, never good.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I don't hunt, but I plan on taking it up next season. But the reason I am taking it up is because I recently fell in love with the taste of deer meat. That is my reason for hunting, not just to kill shit.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
give the animals a gun to use then im fine with it lol

You sound like my wife!! Up where I live, they don't need a gun, they just like to jump out in front of you when your driving, causing $2700 damage to your 97' Cobra (this happened to me 9 years ago). All the more reason why I don't mind taking them out, I do it for sport and sure as hell don't NEED the meat but it is yummy.

Coiled03

Established Member
Baiting is for pussies.

Hunting to control the population is OK, I guess. But personally, I could never pull the trigger, so I choose not to even try it. I just don't see the joy in killing a beautiful animal, whether it's for food, or not.

And I'd wage a lot of the people in this thread who say they do it just for food are full of it. The majority of hunters I know do it just to put a head on the wall.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I am not a hunter but I do support hunting. I am a gun person and I always enjoying getting some meat from my friends who do hunt.

92z28

Established Member
I support animal conservation and gun ownership but LOL at calling what people do "hunting".

64T-bolt

Fist Fornicator
Established Member
support it, enjoy it, very good management tool. . . .and one less deer hit by a car.

This year's archery kill. . .shot the coyote out of my bedroom window. .

fall08150.jpg

Galaxy001.jpg

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Hunting is one of my favorite things to do. I do everything- bow, gun, small game, waterfowl, turkeys, upland etc. And I'm definitely not a trophy hunter I use everything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread