Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

Recon

Established Member
Wished they called it something else, but I'm looking forward to what it can do. Good for the competition.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford gt, raptor, gt350 and 350 r is boring?

Ford GT looks great but I don't care for the power-plant (yes i know why it was chosen) and its insanely expensive. If i could afford a car that cost that much, that certainly wouldn't be it.

Raptor is ok but hate the ecoboost power-plant.

GT350 and GT350 R are cool. Still not sold on the 15+ looks. I drove a GT350 for quite a bit over the summer, i liked it but meh.

The RS cars and the SHO are cool for DD's but not for me fighting MI winters

Like i said, overall in my OPINION Ford's current lineup is boring to me.

I'm excited for the Bronco and as I want a new winter DD. I was going to get a SRT8 JGC this spring but i want to see what the bronco brings to the table. Of course it will have a ecoboost which I don't care for but maybe there will be a V8 option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troponin

Established Member
Sounds like this car is going to be very limited and could be quite pricey. If they manage to keep it under 100k, it could end up being another Hellcat situation; limited numbers at first, then ramp up production because they were way hotter than Chrysler suspected initially.

Anyone believe this will be under $100k though?

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Sounds like this car is going to be very limited and could be quite pricey. If they manage to keep it under 100k, it could end up being another Hellcat situation; limited numbers at first, then ramp up production because they were way hotter than Chrysler suspected initially.

Anyone believe this will be under $100k though?
There's no way it's over 100k

fangstang

Established Member
With all these cool cars Dodge is rolling out lately, I cant wait for the next generation of Mopars. Gonna be some serious machines. Smaller, lighter, hopefully handle a lot better too.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Well considering they are failing in consumer satisfaction and overall quality, it feels like FCA is giving them the green light on a lot of these insane projects to just take the focus off of poor quality or to simply go out with a bang lol. I know it isn't THAT serious yet, but Fiat has left Chrysler in a bad spot due to an idiotic CEO in Marchionne. Dodge now is like girls who are attracted to assholes. They look so cool and badass on the outside but once they get to know them they immediately regret their decision.

Just like one of those girls though, I want to see what they come out with lol.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I am just excited to see new high performance cars like this as I know it forces automakers to "one-up" each other, which is good for all of us.

I just wonder which automaker is going to release the first street legal factory production 1K hp car. :D

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
big power numbers look good on paper but whats the point if you cant put it to the ground? Am i the only one?

sleek98

Established Member
big power numbers look good on paper but whats the point if you cant put it to the ground? Am i the only one?

Yep that is why most only want to do 60 or 80 rolls.

I have a really good friend with a A8 hellcat and another friend with a A8 scat pack. Both bone stock running Nitto 555Rs. The scat pack walks away 2-3 cars from the cat from a 20 roll until about 90 when the cat finally runs him down.

The biggest issue I see with the cats is they cant hook, and they have such a tall tire from the factory that it gives them only a few options without getting a tune to fix the speedometer. The my friend with a cat has ordered a set of 18" welds and is putting a set of 305/45/18 555R on them, hoping he can hook from a 20/30 roll.

He blew through 2 pairs of the 275/40s in 6k miles last summer.

Zemedici

Established Member
Yep that is why most only want to do 60 or 80 rolls.

I have a really good friend with a A8 hellcat and another friend with a A8 scat pack. Both bone stock running Nitto 555Rs. The scat pack walks away 2-3 cars from the cat from a 20 roll until about 90 when the cat finally runs him down.

sounds like the Hellcat needs some MT ET Streets.

sleek98

Established Member
sounds like the Hellcat needs some MT ET Streets.

Thats what I keep telling him, but he went through 2 sets of 555Rs in like 6k miles last year so hes worried the MT wont last him 2k miles.

How long are your customers seeing from a set of MT?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Uh, yawn?

Demon was a rebadged Duster.

Nice thing about the A-bodies was that they were small and super cheap.

Hellcat is huge and expensive. Demon sounds even more expensive... so whatever. Marketing Huray!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
Thats what I keep telling him, but he went through 2 sets of 555Rs in like 6k miles last year so hes worried the MT wont last him 2k miles.

How long are your customers seeing from a set of MT?

depends entirely on how he drives, and sounds like he's got a heavy ass foot.

Some customers see 5k, others see 12k. Just depends. Regardless they hook better tho

08mojo

Established Member
No matter what dodge does in the muscle car world, it always seems boring to me and has no appeal. The Viper and srt8 grand cherokee are the only dodge products that ever excited me.

Zemedici

Established Member
No matter what dodge does in the muscle car world, it always seems boring to me and has no appeal. The Viper and srt8 grand cherokee are the only dodge products that ever excited me.

i'd rather have a tire shredding, screaming blown v8 that is the hellcat as opposed to the 'nimble, track oriented' GT350.....

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I am just excited to see new high performance cars like this as I know it forces automakers to "one-up" each other, which is good for all of us.

I just wonder which automaker is going to release the first street legal factory production 1K hp car. :D

People said that when the hellcat was announced. Neither GM or Ford has one upped the hellcat yet. Guess dodge got tired of waiting and one upped themselves.

1k hp production cars have been a reality for a while now.

Thats the entire point of this car. Its designed to put the power down. Rumors are low 10's straight from the showroom. It's coming equipped with 305 Nittos.

Also while the hellcat can certainly annihilate the factory 275 pirellis, if the drivers know how to control their foot they can still perform very well. Multiple have gone low 11's and one recently went 10.9's bone stock down to the tire.

Uh, yawn?

Demon was a rebadged Duster.

Nice thing about the A-bodies was that they were small and super cheap.

Hellcat is huge and expensive. Demon sounds even more expensive... so whatever. Marketing Huray!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

The charger originally was a 2 door. Its now been a sedan for over a decade. We're still talking about this?

Users who are viewing this thread