Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Thats the entire point of this car. Its designed to put the power down. Rumors are low 10's straight from the showroom. It's coming equipped with 305 Nittos.

low 10s with front engine, rwd and street rubber? I dont think theres any car in the world that can do that.

LX chassis has some fundamental issues aside from the tire size. The hellcat has 58% of the weight over the front axle. They would need to push the engine further back in the chassis and/or change to AL block, in addition to a trick suspension that can squat and hook on launch.

switching to AWD is the obvious solution, but i doubt they will go that route

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
low 10s with front engine, rwd and street rubber? I dont think theres any car in the world that can do that.

LX chassis has some fundamental issues aside from the tire size. The hellcat has 58% of the weight over the front axle. They would need to push the engine further back in the chassis and/or change to AL block, in addition to a trick suspension that can squat and hook on launch.

Maybe not stock cars (though the Z06 can get close) but plenty of modded cars on street legal DR's have done it. Would be extremely impressive if a "straight off the showroom floor" car could accomplished the feat!

I wonder if Dodge's current development projects will have their wings clipped by the recent news of the emissions defeating devices on their diesel vehicles
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...r-of-using-diesel-emission-cheating-software/

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Yep that is why most only want to do 60 or 80 rolls.

I have a really good friend with a A8 hellcat and another friend with a A8 scat pack. Both bone stock running Nitto 555Rs. The scat pack walks away 2-3 cars from the cat from a 20 roll until about 90 when the cat finally runs him down.

The biggest issue I see with the cats is they cant hook, and they have such a tall tire from the factory that it gives them only a few options without getting a tune to fix the speedometer. The my friend with a cat has ordered a set of 18" welds and is putting a set of 305/45/18 555R on them, hoping he can hook from a 20/30 roll.

He blew through 2 pairs of the 275/40s in 6k miles last summer.

Your Hellcat friend cannot drive.

I see this BS all the time from scat pack owners, how they will blow the doors off a Hellcat because Hellcats have too much power and just spin.

Here is a video I took last summer of me screwing around on some old empty farm roads. Only modification to my Hellcat is 305/35/20 555R's.
I can get pretty consistent 3.5 sec. 0-60 mph, and I consider myself only an average driver.

Last time I checked, scat packs were pulling low 4.0+ sec. 0-60 mph at best, on the street.

So the only way a scat pack is walking away from a Hellcat from a dig is if the Hellcat has inferior tires or driver, or both.

sleek98

Established Member

I see this BS all the time from scat pack owners, how they will blow the doors off a Hellcat because Hellcats have too much power and just spin.

Here is a video I took last summer of me screwing around on some old empty farm roads. Only modification to my Hellcat is 305/35/20 555R's.
I can get pretty consistent 3.5 sec. 0-60 mph, and I consider myself only an average driver.

Last time I checked, scat packs were pulling low 4.0+ sec. 0-60 mph at best, on the street.

So the only way a scat pack is walking away from a Hellcat from a dig is if the Hellcat has inferior tires or driver, or both.

Both Autos Both on the exact same tire. 275/40/20 Nitto 555R. The scat hooks the cat dont. Not much to say.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Both Autos Both on the exact same tire. 275/40/20 Nitto 555R. The scat hooks the cat dont. Not much to say.

Switch drivers and re-check results.

Also, if the Hellcat is having that much trouble with traction, have him try launching in 500 hp mode.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member

Its being said the car will be coming with a drag radial out back. If so low 10's easily. They're also ditching the massive 20's and going 18's to get a little more sidewall.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Its being said the car will be coming with a drag radial out back. If so low 10's easily. They're also ditching the massive 20's and going 18's to get a little more sidewall.

a streel legal car that comes from the factory with DRs? i'm sure NHTSA will have something to say about that.

Zemedici

Established Member

That's not the 'end all be all'

Take two drivers with different experience levels, and put them in the same hellcat.

Wanna put some skin on who puts out the better time? Correct driver input is still required to maximize efficiency in an automatic....dont just mash the go pedal.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
a streel legal car that comes from the factory with DRs? i'm sure NHTSA will have something to say about that.

If its DOT approved whats the issue? These super/hyper car tires are as soft or softer than some drag radials.

Zemedici

Established Member
If its DOT approved whats the issue? These super/hyper car tires are as soft or softer than some drag radials.

get outta here with logic. It defeats haters, dont you know? hahahhaahha

Never mind the fact pictures have been posted of the car, with said tires already on it.....

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member

I'm in the same boat. Has to be driver error.

My Hellcat is bone stock on factory tires. I pull 3.7 regularly with a best of 3.5.

Never owed a Scat, but I have had the SRT8 (with the 392) and a SRT 392. Neither of them would touch the Hellcat. My 2014 SRT8 was close with a 3.9, but I think it was a factory freak. Still, 4/10ths with no where near the torque or hp in cars that weigh the same... that's a huge gap to overcome.

sleek98

Established Member
Switch drivers and re-check results.

Also, if the Hellcat is having that much trouble with traction, have him try launching in 500 hp mode.

That's not the 'end all be all'

Take two drivers with different experience levels, and put them in the same hellcat.

Wanna put some skin on who puts out the better time? Correct driver input is still required to maximize efficiency in an automatic....dont just mash the go pedal.

It was from a 20 roll not a dig, both paddled down into 1st and then let the car take over.

More so saying I dont know what the cats problem is other than he sat there spinning, not saying its the end all be all.

Must be the driver as I just asked and the cats best 0-60 is showing up at 3.7.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
It's cool. Good target to build against for GT500 and boosted GT owners. Hopefully Fords response will be a twin turbo Direct injected 5.0L GT500.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It's cool. Good target to build against for GT500 and boosted GT owners. Hopefully Fords response will be a twin turbo Direct injected 5.0L GT500.

I want the GTR to be the GT500's new target.

Car needs to be more then just a fancy factory flywheel HP number.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I want the GTR to be the GT500's new target.

Car needs to be more then just a fancy factory flywheel HP number.
I technically meant for existing GT500 (S197) cars and all 5.0 GTs.

I do hope the next GT500 laughs at the Demon, eclipses the GTR (still not a fan of them after one wrecked me) and embarrassed the new mid-engine Corvette's best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Eatonualive281

Established Member
I desperately hope that the next mustang halo car will be awd...and that they dont call it a gt500. So played out imo.

Have you guys looked at the demon spy photos closely?? It looks like it has 4 drag radials on the purple test mule.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member

I do hope the next GT500 laughs at the Demon, eclipses the GTR (still not a fan of them after one wrecked me) and embarrassed the new mid-engine Corvette's best.

I thought the GTR already beats the GT500 around the Nurburgring?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I desperately hope that the next mustang halo car will be awd...and that they dont call it a gt500. So played out imo.

Have you guys looked at the demon spy photos closely?? It looks like it has 4 drag radials on the purple test mule.
With as much money as FoMoCo paid Shelby for exclusive name rights for factory produced cars, i doubt any halo Mustang will be callednanything but an Shelby. And IMO, may it always be that way

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

How much do you want this thing to cost? $150k?

Users who are viewing this thread