Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Most cars AC turns off under WOT.

In the cab, maybe. But the compressor would still be activated and running in order for the the KC to be "on" correct?

I'll put it to you like this. I was driving my GT500 one time and forgot to "turn on" the Killer Chiller. Car felt like a dog compared to normal, and I didn't understand why. Looked down and turned on the A/C. About 20 seconds later, it felt like I picked up 100HP.

They may be, but you were effectively running with 0 intercooling without the KC right? Same logic should apply to running the car with a bypassed heat exchanger id imagine.

I'd still be interested in a back to back comparo between a KC'd car and a fanned H/E car.

I dont doubt the KC car would make more power... but how much more? Certainly not 100 hp more.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
In the cab, maybe. But the compressor would still be activated and running in order for the the KC to be "on" correct? ...

The KC is 100% passive. It relies completely on the A/C compressor to be running. There are no electrical relays whatsoever to the system, except the drag kit.

... They may be, but you were effectively running with 0 intercooling without the KC right? Same logic should apply to running the car with a bypassed heat exchanger id imagine.

No. My HE and intercooler are still installed and fully engaged in the cooling process. The KC doesn't replace anything in the existing cooling system, unless you opt to remove your HE for the KC. Joe Kincaid says you can remove the HE or block it off for the most effective cooling. I'm skeptical about removing it altogether because the KC core isn't much more than a couple quarts in volume. To me, that doesn't seem like nearly enough to keep things cool when you're running it hard. The most optimum setup would be an ice tank in the trunk AND a KC up front.

Recon

Established Member
I'd manual swap it and turn it into a corner carver. It'd be fun to see people's reactions from that.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The KC is 100% passive. It relies completely on the A/C compressor to be running. There are no electrical relays whatsoever to the system, except the drag kit.

So im right -- right?

The AC compressor is engaged and "on" at all times the KC is working? It does not "shut off" during WOT as mentioned by the other guy.

No. My HE and intercooler are still installed and fully engaged in the cooling process. The KC doesn't replace anything in the existing cooling system, unless you opt to remove your HE for the KC. Joe Kincaid says you can remove the HE or block it off for the most effective cooling. I'm skeptical about removing it altogether because the KC core isn't much more than a couple quarts in volume. To me, that doesn't seem like nearly enough to keep things cool when you're running it hard. The most optimum setup would be an ice tank in the trunk AND a KC up front.

Interesting. I always thought you'd run one or the other.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
So im right -- right?

The AC compressor is engaged and "on" at all times the KC is working? It does not "shut off" during WOT as mentioned by the other guy.

No. The KC only works when the A/C is on, not the other way around. The KC does not control the A/C. The A/C still behaves just like stock; turns off at WOT, cycles on and off, etc. The KC does not do any "work." It is simply an extension of the car's A/C system.

LMFAO
I love it Richard! I love it when people use that line.
My response usually goes like this,........."I could give a **** about the corners!"

Yeah, but y'all get mad and confused when we say we don't give a damn about a car designed to go fast only in a straight line.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
No. The KC only works when the A/C is on, not the other way around. The KC does not control the A/C. The A/C still behaves just like stock; turns off at WOT, cycles on and off, etc. The KC does not do any "work." It is simply an extension of the car's A/C system.

Yeah, but y'all get mad and confused when we say we don't give a damn about a car designed to go fast only in a straight line.

10/4... i think we're saying the same thing. I must not be verbalizing it clearly.

The way you describe it is the way i understand it to work.

sleek98

Established Member
Motortrend could only do a 11.0 with race gas.

Attachments

• 20228996_10155596498058708_3563135489887623324_n.jpg
    20228996_10155596498058708_3563135489887623324_n.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 146

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
No, not at all.
I understand there are some that want to corner carve on the road course or auto-x. Nothing wrong with that at all. I prefer brute power and torque in a straight line.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Motortrend could only do a 11.0 with race gas.

Of course! That's probably what most everybody else will be running in similar conditions. I don't know why people are thinking this tank is going to be running mid-9s - low-10s every time. Dodge got their numbers in optimal conditions. I think it was a TFL video I watched where one of the Dodge guys was backpedaling on the times owners can expect to run. Now, on some crisp, Fall evenings, it'll be a monster. During most of the drag season (e.g. the heat), however, that 4200 lbs barge will be looking at plenty of tail lights.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/chas...rd-shelby-gt500-on-latest-mt-ignition-211121/

Also couldn't get the Trinity to reach 200mph.

Do I think 90% of the ladies that buy it will be able to maximize performance? Probably not. Perfecting the launch rpm will be critical to max ET. Per most the videos sounds like they're launching at 1500rpms. Car has a transbrake, let that bitch eat would be my motto.
I think you need a full slick to really take advantage of the transbrake.

Users who are viewing this thread