Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
factory stock, waiting to go to the dealership for an ABS light. I did put a CAI, but took it off as I don't want any issues with Dodge. It's a 10 minute swap. Coming from the violence of my 12, it feels slow so I wouldn't mind a run with a car it should be neck and neck with.

You definitely do good work with the 12'. Have you had a chance to test out the HC, any videos?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
J0zc.jpg

I think Demon replica wheels would look Awesome on a Hellcat:

L0zc.jpg

i agree, that would look great. tires with a larger sidewall is the way to go for any musclecar, and they look better with white lettering as well.

but the demon has smaller brakes to accomodate them (18" wheels) if i'm not mistaken.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You definitely do good work with the 12'. Have you had a chance to test out the HC, any videos?

It has literally rained 95% of the days I've owned the car. Also no sense going to the track when it's sweltering. I'll wait till fall and take some vids. Luckily it's an auto and I don't need big boy pants to race it.

V8Flexin

Established Member
So you tell me to put my big boy pants on and you have a show car. Seriously? Little history. When I had my 04 cobra it went 12.62 @ 111 factory stock. My 09 GT500 went 12.16 @ 113 factory stock(possibly a record for an 07-09 in stock form down to the factory goodyears). My 2012 GT500 went 12.06 @ 117.9.

I've had big boy pants since 1985.

Not really a fan of those wheels. I really don't like the '17 HC wheels.
Seems like I got you a little perturbed with the "Big boy pant's" comment. Anyway my car is no where near a show. I drive it everyday rains, sleet, or snow and bought it to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I honestly don't really care how many cars you've owned or how fast they were. Good for you here's you cookie; feel better? If they made a M6 Hellcat charger I'd buy one but they don't exist so my only option is a M6 CTSV as a family car. Auto's are enjoyable but nothings better than shifting yourself in my opinion. You've had your time in the "big boy pant's" and now past them on to the younger generation.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Seems like I got you a little perturbed with the "Big boy pant's" comment. Anyway my car is no where near a show. I drive it everyday rains, sleet, or snow and bought it to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I honestly don't really care how many cars you've owned or how fast they were. Good for you here's you cookie; feel better? If they made a M6 Hellcat charger I'd buy one but they don't exist so my only option is a M6 CTSV as a family car. Auto's are enjoyable but nothings better than shifting yourself in my opinion. You've had your time in the "big boy pant's" and now past them on to the younger generation.

So you're saying you have a bag DD and it is not only slow, but not show quality?

I have had 20+ manual transmission mustangs, because at the time they were the faster mustangs. Now they are not. The A6 is much quicker in stock form than the M6. Ditto for Hellcats, ZL1's, etc....When I go to the track and I do that often, I want to put up a fast time. There is no satisfaction in being slow and rowing through the gears.

Zemedici

Established Member
Autos are faster. End of story. Idk why this is still a discussion.

But! Some guys would trade a slower time for having a blast rowing gears and there's nothing wrong with that. But just going for time, auto will be faster erry time. No one can shift as fast as a computer.

V8Flexin

Established Member
I disagree with the statement that no person can shift and be as fast as auto but when it comes to consistency of shift speed, timing, and repeatability that's where the auto has the advantage. Also these are wet traditional converter style trans's not dry dual clutch trans's that shift in milli seconds like a MaClaren P1.

Sent from my PURE XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I have had 20+ manual transmission mustangs, because at the time they were the faster mustangs. Now they are not. The A6 is much quicker in stock form than the M6. Ditto for Hellcats, ZL1's, etc....When I go to the track and I do that often, I want to put up a fast time. There is no satisfaction in being slow and rowing through the gears.

I understand that if you are straight going for best possible ET, auto is the way to go, no questions.

But there is a lot of satisfaction in putting in work to best yourself / squeeze the most performance out of your car with you piloting it.

Autos are faster. End of story. Idk why this is still a discussion.

But! Some guys would trade a slower time for having a blast rowing gears and there's nothing wrong with that. But just going for time, auto will be faster erry time. No one can shift as fast as a computer.

I will sacrifice being a bit faster for the satisfaction of winning through my own "labor". It will make the victories all the sweeter.

V8Flexin

Established Member
So you're saying you have a bag DD and it is not only slow, but not show quality?

When compared to a sub 11 sec Gt500 or 11 sec auto hellcat, yes my car is considered slower at the moment. I don't care to have my car in show quality because to me it's just another damn mustang. And if I wanted to pull the fastest 1/4 mile times in a mustang I would have just bought a fox and put a twin turbo LSX in it and not a gt500 vert. If all you care about is CONSISTENTLY posting fast 1/4 mile times then yeah auto is for you.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I understand that if you are straight going for best possible ET, auto is the way to go, no questions.

But there is a lot of satisfaction in putting in work to best yourself / squeeze the most performance out of your car with you piloting it.

I will sacrifice being a bit faster for the satisfaction of winning through my own "labor". It will make the victories all the sweeter.

I get it. You drive a manual because it strokes your ego. Myself I'm tired of having to put a shifter in every Ford factory manual so that it can be REWARDING. The factory shifters are vague at best. I can't count how many times I punched the radio in my foxbodys powershifting to 3rd. In the 03/04 Cobras it was mandatory as the factory shifter was horrid. And how does Ford **** up a T56? Put a tiny input shaft in a 390 hp car, that is how. Countless threads about how poor the design is on the remote TR6060 in the S197 GT500's. I got so frustrated that the 12 shifted so bad, even after a MGW2 and the BFR brace, I unloaded that heap and bout a well sorted auto Dodge.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
When compared to a sub 11 sec Gt500 or 11 sec auto hellcat, yes my car is considered slower at the moment. I don't care to have my car in show quality because to me it's just another damn mustang. And if I wanted to pull the fastest 1/4 mile times in a mustang I would have just bought a fox and put a twin turbo LSX in it and not a gt500 vert. If all you care about is CONSISTENTLY posting fast 1/4 mile times then yeah auto is for you.

Cars in the vids I posted were manual transmissions. I do have a bunch of vids of when I had my 11 SHO, beating up on manual mustangs at FFW in Houston a few years back. Lot's of LOL's on those.

My 2016 auto GT has been 12.32 factory stock down to the tiny 235 Pirelli's. A factory stock 2016+ GT manual is not running that time, or even close to it. So you can row you gears all you want as I become a speck on the horizon.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I get it. You drive a manual because it strokes your ego. Myself I'm tired of having to put a shifter in every Ford factory manual so that it can be REWARDING. The factory shifters are vague at best. I can't count how many times I punched the radio in my foxbodys powershifting to 3rd. In the 03/04 Cobras it was mandatory as the factory shifter was horrid. And how does Ford **** up a T56? Put a tiny input shaft in a 390 hp car, that is how. Countless threads about how poor the design is on the remote TR6060 in the S197 GT500's. I got so frustrated that the 12 shifted so bad, even after a MGW2 and the BFR brace, I unloaded that heap and bout a well sorted auto Dodge.

Sucks man. Feel for you bro. Got tired of putting in the work and now just wanna be a passenger in your fast ride vs actually piloting the car. I understand. I guess having the "fastest" 1/4 mile really strokes your ego, huh?

I do agree that shifters on 03/04s were horrid. Thankfully, my Shelby has been issue free. No shifting issues whatsoever. I really like the stock shifter.

Btw, just ****ing with you man. I see from your previous videos that you used to be a warrior. I understand if you wanted something different for a change. Only way Id go auto is a GTR.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Yep Lamborghini and Ferrari both knew that manuals was on the way out as they don't even offer a manual option no more. And guess what it hasn't even hurt their sales.

I think there will always be a manual option but one of two things will happen.

1 Only the die hards will want them so you would have to look long and hard to find them in the used market.

2 The manufacturer's will charge up to $7000 as an option for them and so again rare to find or to buy other than direct ordering when new.

The only advantage the manual has is you can select what ever gear you want and stay in it, other than that everything else the auto and dual clutch systems got them beat by a mile.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Sucks man. Feel for you bro. Got tired of putting in the work and now just wanna be a passenger in your fast ride vs actually piloting the car. I understand. I guess having the "fastest" 1/4 mile really strokes your ego, huh?

I do agree that shifters on 03/04s were horrid. Thankfully, my Shelby has been issue free. No shifting issues whatsoever. I really like the stock shifter.

Btw, just ****ing with you man. I see from your previous videos that you used to be a warrior. I understand if you wanted something different for a change. Only way Id go auto is a GTR.

I've never driven a 13/14 car. Hameedi(sp) stated that the shifting issues in the 11-12's were corrected in your car. Not ever driven one, can't tell you. But it is 100% unsatisfying running a 650 RHWP car through 1st powershift to 2nd and all you get it grind as the ****er is locking you out of that gear. Don't mind being a pilot, I just turn the AC seats on, open the rough and let her rip.

V8Flexin

Established Member
Look at Porsche, they mostly sell GT3's and the like with their PDK trans but still build track/special editions with manual only option for the purest which enthusiast rave for the satisfaction of shifting on their own. But realistically most people don't know how to drive manual's these day's and city traffic makes them a hassle. I don't care how good auto's are now and ASSIST you in going faster I still prefer rowing gears myself.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
The only advantage the manual has is you can select what ever gear you want and stay in it, other than that everything else the auto and dual clutch systems got them beat by a mile.

that is not the real advantage. for a road car, a key aspect to high performance driving is having full engine control. the ability to disconnect the flywheel from the rest of the drivetrain (and the accompanying ability to slip the clutch on demand) is essential to making the car behave exactly the way you want.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
that is not the real advantage. for a road car, a key aspect to high performance driving is having full engine control. the ability to disconnect the flywheel from the rest of the drivetrain (and the accompanying ability to slip the clutch on demand) is essential to making the car behave exactly the way you want.

^^This. So much so that Porsche even built the capability into the PDK on the GT3. The problem is, you have to do a bunch of paddle and throttle foolishness to get it to work. Who the heck wants to play hand-jive with the shift paddles while trying to get their car to dance around the way they want? There's a reason a real manual has been reintroduced on the 991.2 GT3 and a manual was the only way the 911 R came. Did the Caymen GT4 have PDK as an option, or was it manual-only, too?

People who prefer manuals like to be enveloped in the driving experience. On a road course, nobody wants a torque converter automatic. (Both the ZL1 and the Z06 are faster around a track with a traditional manual than their automatic counterparts.) And the time differences between a properly driven traditional manual and an automated manual are tiny. Heck, the GT350R put 0.96 second on the GTR around Laguna Seca, and that car is supposed to be the pinnacle of shift speeds.

Zemedici

Established Member
^^This. So much so that Porsche even built the capability into the PDK on the GT3. The problem is, you have to do a bunch of paddle and throttle foolishness to get it to work. Who the heck wants to play hand-jive with the shift paddles while trying to get their car to dance around the way they want? There's a reason a real manual has been reintroduced on the 991.2 GT3 and a manual was the only way the 911 R came. Did the Caymen GT4 have PDK as an option, or was it manual-only, too?

People who prefer manuals like to be enveloped in the driving experience. On a road course, nobody wants a torque converter automatic. (Both the ZL1 and the Z06 are faster around a track with a traditional manual than their automatic counterparts.) And the time differences between a properly driven traditional manual and an automated manual are tiny. Heck, the GT350R put 0.96 second on the GTR around Laguna Seca, and that car is supposed to be the pinnacle of shift speeds.

Are your local road courses that filled up with hellcats and shelbys.....?

Users who are viewing this thread