Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

V8Flexin

Established Member
So a modded auto swap Trinity will out run a stock A8 Hellcat. Thanks for the info? Factory vs Factory the HC wins.

I feel no pity for the fool that purchases a HC with a manual.
So basically the only way a hellcat is faster is if a computer shifts for you?... Hummm... Ok then. Let me know when you put your big boy pants on.

Sent from my PURE XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Why do a lot of people here despise the hellcats?

I don't think anybody here actually hates the Hellcat. A lot of us are just sick of the people who can't shift constantly proclaiming it's practically impossible to beat a Hellcat (or just about any car) equipped with an automatic. Just because they can't shift doesn't mean everybody else can't either. My GT500 has more power and is 700+ pounds lighter than a Hellcat, but the non-shifters will still say it's an automatic win for the Hellcat in a street race because automatic transmissions trump everything.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So basically the only way a hellcat is faster is if a computer shifts for you?... Hummm... Ok then. Let me know when you put your big boy pants on.

Well I can't comment on if a stick HC is slower than a Trinity. Can't say that it would be. You stated that. I assumed you have proof.

As far as big boy pants I've had two GT500's. Both ran in the 10's with TVS swaps. How fast is your car? Or have you even taken it to the track?

10.95 on the brakes

dyno

my 09

And another...

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
I have a charger. So it makes more sense. But either way as good as the new autos are the manual is obsolete. This isn't Fox body T5 vs AOD days anymore.
It's not obsolete. Tons of people still love rowing gears. And there's still tons of 6 speed cars that'll eat an auto hellcat. Hell some guy only managed to pull 1 car on my pulley intake tune cobra with an A8 hellcat challenger lol

Also know a guy with a bone stock 14 gt500 and a bone stock M6 HC challenger and he says 90% of the time the gt500 is faster unless on perfect roads at a perfect temperature

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I have no delusions of being able to consistently beat a well sorted auto. I know I would shift slower, but I would still buy the manual. Its just too much fun.

V8Flexin

Established Member
Well I can't comment on if a stick HC is slower than a Trinity. Can't say that it would be. You stated that. I assumed you have proof.

As far as big boy pants I've had two GT500's. Both ran in the 10's with TVS swaps. How fast is your car? Or have you even taken it to the track?

10.95 on the brakes

dyno

my 09

And another...
Yes it has been proven that the GT500 is faster than a M6 Hellcat but the A8 hellcat has the big advantage.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As far as my car, it's not that fast yet and I have taken it to the track (113 trap on 20"MPSS). I'm working on gathering part's for a 700hp 93* build. I didn't buy my 07 vert to be a 1/4 mile slayer but a fun to drive daily commuter car. Personally, I would never buy a high hp sports car in auto just because it's faster. I enjoy learning my car and how to win on skill alone. But I get that some people like to get the W at all cost and just hit the go pedal.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't know about those races. Something tells me, if the GT500 driver polished up his driving skills a little bit, the '13/'14 GT500 would still take the auto Hellcat.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
It won't be long now before we start seeing Demon street videos popping up all over youtube.

J0zc.jpg

I think Demon replica wheels would look Awesome on a Hellcat:

L0zc.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Why do a lot of people here despise the hellcats?

I dont think many here "despise" the HC. If any do, it is likely out of jealousy or a feeling of inadequacy. HC's are beast.

Because they're faster than the Trinity.

Hmmm.... Although I think the auto HC has an edge. I think a squared away driver could have the Trinity take the win. I also think that in a manual vs manual race, its a drivers race to win.

I do agree that generally speaking, the HC is faster but I would not sleep on a Trinity 500 with the right driver.

Only in A8 form. M6 Hellcats can't keep up with Trinity's. A Trinity with a auto swap will out run a A8 Hellcat.

See above.

I have a charger. So it makes more sense. But either way as good as the new autos are the manual is obsolete. This isn't Fox body T5 vs AOD days anymore.

Manuals are most definitely obsolete. They are more engaging and rewarding. A good driver that knows his car can make all the difference.

It is pretty hard to best todays autos though.

Yes it has been proven that the GT500 is faster than a M6 Hellcat but the A8 hellcat has the big advantage.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As far as my car, it's not that fast yet and I have taken it to the track (113 trap on 20"MPSS). I'm working on gathering part's for a 700hp 93* build. I didn't buy my 07 vert to be a 1/4 mile slayer but a fun to drive daily commuter car. Personally, I would never buy a high hp sports car in auto just because it's faster. I enjoy learning my car and how to win on skill alone. But I get that some people like to get the W at all cost and just hit the go pedal.

Thats a terrible example.... that FAT CAT guy has been caught liying about his HC car. His races cannot be relied on for comparison purposes.

I don't know about those races. Something tells me, if the GT500 driver polished up his driving skills a little bit, the '13/'14 GT500 would still take the auto Hellcat.

See above.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately, there are not a lot of races of the cars out there. I am currently trying to get a race vs a HC before I mod. For comparison sake. Would like to find out for myself.

Even made a thread on Hellcat.org but no takers yet.. :confused:

IMG_8807.PNG

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

So you tell me to put my big boy pants on and you have a show car. Seriously? Little history. When I had my 04 cobra it went 12.62 @ 111 factory stock. My 09 GT500 went 12.16 @ 113 factory stock(possibly a record for an 07-09 in stock form down to the factory goodyears). My 2012 GT500 went 12.06 @ 117.9.

I've had big boy pants since 1985.

It won't be long now before we start seeing Demon street videos popping up all over youtube.

J0zc.jpg

I think Demon replica wheels would look Awesome on a Hellcat:

L0zc.jpg

Not really a fan of those wheels. I really don't like the '17 HC wheels.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Unfortunately, there are not a lot of races of the cars out there. I am currently trying to get a race vs a HC before I mod. For comparison sake. Would like to find out for myself.

Even made a thread on Hellcat.org but no takers yet.. :confused:

View attachment 95075

PM me when your going from Texas to FL. I'm right off I 10 between BR and NO. I'll run you in the Charger.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
PM me when your going from Texas to FL. I'm right off I 10 between BR and NO. I'll run you in the Charger.

That sounds like fun. Unfortunately, slim chance of me driving to FL any time soon. But thanks for the offer.

Btw, I thought your HC was modded already?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
That sounds like fun. Unfortunately, slim chance of me driving to FL any time soon. But thanks for the offer.

Btw, I thought your HC was modded already?

factory stock, waiting to go to the dealership for an ABS light. I did put a CAI, but took it off as I don't want any issues with Dodge. It's a 10 minute swap. Coming from the violence of my 12, it feels slow so I wouldn't mind a run with a car it should be neck and neck with.

Users who are viewing this thread