Does SVTP have a malware issue?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Holy crap! It's getting worse! Oh, and sorry for not providing a McAfee screen link, Sid. I just had another one 10 minutes ago but the next time it happens I'll post the link.

Ok, but now a different issue has popped up THREE times in the past 5 minutes. I'll be posting a reply and suddenly my screen goes all black. I can backspace out of it but something gnarly is happening. Here is the URL every time it happens.

cobracide

Established Member
Are you all using edge? I don't get this with Firefox with push notifications turned off by default. Check your browser push notification settings.

I had to block a site "pushreviews.com" In edge push because similar issue, fake mcafee pop-ups.

DON'T click anything on these popups. BLOCK the related push site. If you can't figure out the push site, just turn off notifications all together. Remove any MS Defender exclusions, run ms update and do a FULL defender scan.

Settings -> Site permissions​

/ Notifications​

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, I use Chrome.

I was getting the "blank screen" literally like every third screen change but suddenly about 20 minutes ago they stopped. I wonder if the crew cleaned up some stuff.

cobracide

Established Member
chrome://settings/content/notifications in your browser and blocking "notifications"

In any case, I'd suggest a clear of exceptions and a scan.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This crap is getting worse! What the hell!!!

So I'm replying to a post and suddenly I hear a loud BEEP and this comes up on my screen. ?????

This is the link I got when browsing a thread on SVTP.

And then this one followed:
Security Center Code0x268d3 Services d1y7twde0tunj6.cloudfront.net
which within seconds went to this link. The image is below.

1644954515189.jpeg

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
This crap is getting worse! What the hell!!!

So I'm replying to a post and suddenly I hear a loud BEEP and this comes up on my screen. ?????

View attachment 1738267
This is a well known Tech Support SCAM do not click anything on that page and do not phone that number.

When this happens, open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

On the processes tab, locate your browser and end task on that

You can then continue to user your PC and browse the Internet

This is a browser redirect scam. You may have to go to a backup or re-install. First try my computer -> properties ->system protection-> system restore

pick a date before this all started happening

Last edited:

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
It was really bad on my iPad the other day when I was posting links. I couldn’t post all the links because every time I got on svtp in safari it would happen almost instantly. So then I gave up. Doesn’t happen on any other web page, only svtp.

It’s been a good month or so since I seen it on my iPhone. I haven’t tried using svtp on my Mac or PC. But I don’t think I want to try now.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I use Chrome as well and it only happens once, but it happens everyday now. Once a day. Same issue as @CobraBob

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Scan found another. I've had issues using my new MacBook Pro, my new PC at home, and my PC at the office. The two PCs are running (up to date) Chrome, and the MacBook Pro is using Safari.

Users who are viewing this thread