Done with Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evileyes

Established Member
My final bitch moan and complaint. After waiting for dealerships to pull their collective heads out of their asses and selling the GT500 for MSRP, I went out and bought a car that is worth the asking price. I bought a Mercedes Benz. Never again will i purchase an other Ford product. I was a very loyal customer until they pulled this crap. As far as i'm concerned all of Ford's products are crap and that is why they will continue to lose tons of cash, like they did last quarter. Best of luck to you guys trying to find a shelby at a decent price, but don't hold out too long.:burn:

Last edited:

Skoalman

Banned
Ford is currently grasping at straws to stay afloat, Daimler-Benz (Whose product you bought), are doing way better since the merger.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Evileyes said:
My final bitch moan and complaint. After waiting for dealerships to pull their collective heads out of their asses and selling the GT500 for MSRP, I went out and bought a car that is worth the asking price. I bought a Mercedes Benz.

if you have neither the time nor the patience to get a gt500 at msrp you dont deserve it. those that cant wait are a bunch of spoiled brats, who need thier new toy today. well good riddence i know 8 year olds with more patience that you guys.:eek:

i would not pay msrp for any mercedes. they seem to lose value faster than a plain ford mustang!

You need to remember .It's not Ford Motor Company adding these rediclous pricing over MSRP.It's your Dealerships.I paid MSRP at the dealer that i've been doing business for some 15 years or so. Agin do not blame Ford,all they do is build the Shelby GT500,and sell them to dealers. Just think if all manfactures sold there product for a price,and the Buyer would add a at value market price to it,for instance a food product,what would you do boy cot it and not eat. Just be patience and wait ,do some seareching,and there has to be a dealer that is willing to sell at MSRP.Patience is the KEY WORD,not buying another product due to over pricing of it. I put a deposit down back in Dec.,of 04,and made my deal at MSRP. Just my opnion!!

drmustang

Banned
Evileyes said:
My final bitch moan and complaint. After waiting for dealerships to pull their collective heads out of their asses and selling the GT500 for MSRP, I went out and bought a car that is worth the asking price. I bought a Mercedes Benz. Never again will i purchase an other Ford product. I was a very loyal customer until they pulled this crap. As far as i'm concerned all of Ford's products are crap and that is why they will continue to lose tons of cash, like they did last quarter. Best of luck to you guys trying to find a shelby at a decent price, but don't hold out too long.:burn:

Exactly how does your inability to purchase a GT500 at sticker translate to "all of Fords products are crap". Not much sense in that thinking.

Hope your exerience with Benz is better than those that I know who tried this brand. You likely have made a new friend along with your recent purchase-the Service Mgr. You guys should be on a first name basis soon.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Good for you. The best way to let Ford know how you feel is to vote with your wallet. The more sales and dedicated customers they lose over this the better.

Randy, I agree it is the dealers, but, Ford can, and does, influence this. They love the hype it has created. They would rather lose sales of the GT500 and gain publicity by the hype the car has created.

They could do simple things like announce production plans. HTT said early on that they "were going to make one of these for everyone that wants one." No mention of that recnetly.

They could also restrict availability to ADM dealers (Lonestar, MOGFIS, Scalpin'). Of course those guys sell a lot of non-GT500 cars.

They could have left the cars in the hands of the SVT dealers. That would have kept every dealer from trying to get the big pop.

They could reward the dealers that satisfy their customers and give them extra cars.

Trust me, Ford did it this way on purpose and they are loving the attention it is getting. I have considered jumping ship many times. I just can't. My Mustang blood it too thick to buy anything else. Now that I have an MSRP deal. I don't have to. I really think if people are patient, they will get the car at sticker or better. If not, the next generation likely won't say SHELBY on it and sell more reasonably.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Evileyes said:
Best of luck to you guys trying to find a shelby at a decent price, but don't hold out too long.

You don't need to worry about the rest of us. We are patient.

In the meantime, you shouldn't try to race a 12 year old Mustang. You'll get beat in your new Benz.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Well, good luck to you. Although you may enjoy the nice comfortable ride of the Mercedes, I hardly would classify that as "FUN" or "EXCITING"?!? :idea: :read:

Due to your lack of patience and determination, I think you'll be much happier with the Benz than you would be with the GT500? :pop:

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Evileyes said:

See ya! Yeah Ford sucks. :kaboom:

Mustang Joe

Established Member
Evileyes said:
After waiting for dealerships to pull their collective heads out of their asses and selling the GT500 for MSRP...

As far as i'm concerned all of Ford's products are crap

So, you'd buy a "crap" car if it was at MSRP? :rollseyes

Those grapes must be really sour.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Evileyes said:

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!:fart:

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
Evileyes said:

Ford as a company has nothing to do with the dealer gouging that has occurred with the GT500. The dealers buy the cars from Ford and then the dealers go ahead and mark them up per whatever rationale they wish. Once Ford ships the ordered and payed for cars they loose any control of the cars they have. So don't blame Ford...blame the greedy dealers for the problem.

What is really stupid is the dealers behavior can only make things worse for Ford itself. It really drives home that the dealer owners are only interested in short-term gain and have absolutely no clue that their disregard of Ford's financial plight will only make things worse for Ford. They don't see that if Ford goes down then their dealer will go down soon after as well.

It just disgusts me that the people of this country have forgot what a job is about whether it be on the line or as a corporate executive....its about keeping a roof over the head and food on the table and to live within a comfortable means...it is not for just being filthy rich.

There is plenty of pie to go if the assholes comprising most of its citizenship would just live within compfortable means rather than trying to build a mound of assets and cash up that cannot be taken with you when you die.

I believe in capitalism but it is not necessary to fuel dangerous fires with such greed which seems to be what this whole country has become in the past 20 years. :fm: :fm: :fm:

primetime

Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
In the meantime, you shouldn't try to race a 12 year old Mustang. You'll get beat in your new Benz.

Umm are you serious? FYI.... MB makes a few models that will kill any stock
Mustang including the GT500, so you may want to see what he is driving before you make a dumb comment like the above. later Ron

SteveEvo8

Established Member
Great choice! Don't listen to what these assclowns have to say. Mercades knows how to make a quality car, where as ford seems to be lacking in that department.

As for Mercades depreciating faster than a mustang, i seriously hope you are joking. However even if that was remotely true, he is driving a Mercades while you are driving a Ford. So how about stop shitting on his parade, and congratulate the guy because he got a car he wanted.

Enjoy the car!!!

Steve

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
primetime said:
Umm are you serious? FYI.... MB makes a few models that will kill any stock
Mustang including the GT500, so you may want to see what he is driving before you make a dumb comment like the above. later Ron

If he's looking at spending approximately $45K on a car I can assure you a Benz in that price range is a pretty serious turd. :idea: Anyone with a GT500 can rest assured they don't even have to put to pedal to the floor to spank one like a redheaded stepchild!! :lol:

ViciousJay

Established Member
with the merge of toyota i have to say that i also bought my last ford vehicle... back to GM i go... ill be passing on the GT500 and looking for hopefully a 7.0 Camaro SS

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SteveEvo8 said:
So how about stop shitting on his parade, and congratulate the guy because he got a car he wanted.

Steve

Are you serious??! He didn't get "the car he wanted". That's pretty clear!

He also ended up having to "settle" for a Benz!?!? How are we "shitting on his parade"? Maybe he will get more sympathy at this web site:

www.IdidnotgettheGT500IwantedsoIsettled4Abenz.com

;-) :poke: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread