Done with Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
Let it be the funniest shit you ever heard. I have 53 years on this earth....I am sure I am much further along in age compared to you and financially as well and in overall experience regarding what works and what is a sham.

LMFAO! DUDE you're 53 and you own a freakin Mustang GT!!! I am not listening to you for financial advise.

Sonic Blue GT said:
And I will repeat again that you have absolutely no clue what it is you are talking about. And I am certainly not going to even waste my time discussing anything about the economics of it when you are as ill equiped with the knowledge of how life works as you are.

OMG LMAO! I can't take this, this is so freakin funny. Buying a brand new car IS ONE OF THE WORST KIND OF INVESTMENTS YOU CAN MAKE. I don't know how else to say it...oh my god please show eme some kind of evidence that says buying a brand new car is a worthwhile investment!!!

Sonic Blue GT said:
So go ahead and continue to PISS AWAY money doing things that you think you understand. You are the fu_cking shit-for-brains...not me.

You're 53!!! You bought a brand new Mustang GT!!! Who the hell are you saying has shit for brains??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
Hey asshole..if you want the number of my CPA I can certainly give it to you....then you can go ahead and ask her why...like I learned why....

oh my God PLEASE PM me this information.

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
NinetySixSVT said:
You're 53!!! You bought a brand new Mustang GT!!! Who the hell are you saying has shit for brains??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's only funny to someone who doesn't have a clue...its your way of coping with the fact that you are the poster-child for high-school drop-outs. :kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom:

I wasn't aware that there is a caste system involved in buying certain brands of cars based on age or NEW or USEDcars based on age. Oh Obewan please enlighten me with your shear moment of brilliant ignorance.....:rolleyes:

Oh and by the way shithead...I have a 03 Cobra Terminator and a Cessna 172 besides the Mustang GT. I had a chance to buy a GT500 but declined the offer since the MSRP was marked up 20K. I have a firearm collection that has firearms in it that cost more than your car asswipe. So you want to sit there and go head to head with me about understanding money and investments?????

The only one here that has shit for brains is you and you are certainly showing how full your head is filled in this thread asshole . So why don't you come back in about 20 - 30 years after making some more of your meager white-trash salary...that is if you even have a pot to piss in by that time and then we will see what life experience has taught you.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
hey guys nock it off. as far as i am concerned paying any money for a new car is waste. if you buy you lose money. if you lease you lose money. by the way dealers will make the most money on new car leases not sales.

the 60% figure is from dave ramsey i have not doubled checked the source. but looking at the 03 e500 that sold for 20k recently it is very accurate. or look at the 03 mach 1 from msrp of 30k to 20k in 2 years is very dramatic. the honda accord will lose about 40% in the first 4 years.

losing 15k on a new car is a lot of money just to keep up with the jones's. that same money into a good investment will equal 25k+ in the same 2 year time period. 25k thrown away for a dc? nice!:(

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
ON D BIT said:
hey guys nock it off. as far as i am concerned paying any money for a new car is waste. if you buy you lose money. if you lease you lose money. by the way dealers will make the most money on new car leases not sales.

the 60% figure is from dave ramsey i have not doubled checked the source. but looking at the 03 e500 that sold for 20k recently it is very accurate. or look at the 03 mach 1 from msrp of 30k to 20k in 2 years is very dramatic. the honda accord will lose about 40% in the first 4 years.

losing 15k on a new car is a lot of money just to keep up with the jones's. that same money into a good investment will equal 25k+ in the same 2 year time period. 25k thrown away for a dc? nice!:(

If you buy you own it and have it around when it is paid off...if you lease you don't own it and you will be "renting" it again and again and again and again until you decide to finally buy one to own it. Why in the hell would anyone want to line someone elses pockets with cash on a monthly basis for something they do not own and will not own and then turn around and have absolutely no collateral to borrow against, sell or trade?

And if a person who owns ever gets into a temporary bad financial situation after the car is paid for that person again has collateral and a car to use during the bad time..whereas the leasee will still be paying on the lease month after month and probably even have to give the car back to the leasor if he/she cannot continue making the payments.

You people have to start to learn what investment hedging and equity is all about instead of living for the moment playing with "funny money". I bet 96SVT still uses credit cards and eats all that interest at the end of every tax year. He probably doesn't even know that there are cards that can be obtained through banks whereby all the interest paid is deductable on the year-end IRS taxes. Like I said
96SVT is a clueless child operating in an adult world with his "funny money" and plastic.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
If you buy you own it and have it around when it is paid off...if you lease you don't own it and you will be "renting" it again and again and again and again until you decide to finally buy one to own it.

thats the point. if you buy a 20k car you lose 20k. if at some point you decide to sell it, you will not make that 20k back again. this is what makes owning a car(especially a fancy car, or toy) a poor financial decision.

mrGT

Established Member
Generally speaking, buying a new car is not a good investment. Now if you only placed money in "good" investments, you would not have much fun in life. You would die with a zillion dollars to leave your heirs.

Nearly everything you buy (outside of the financial institutions) will depreciate.

chuckstang

Established Member
wow, all I ever meant was that buying a new performance car is not a bad idea because buying a used one is a roll of the dice on whether it has been well taken care of. I for one, want to own at least one new high performance car in my life that I can call my own, and that no other ass holes like some of you have beaten the snot out of! :)
Leasing a car is better for business owners, he is not a complete moron. Im no genious but went to a good 4 year business school and leared a couple things lol.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
It's only funny to someone who doesn't have a clue...its your way of coping with the fact that you are the poster-child for high-school drop-outs. :kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom: :kaboom:

I assure you, from reading your posts, at 22 years old I have more education than you do.

Sonic Blue GT said:
I wasn't aware that there is a caste system involved in buying certain brands of cars based on age or NEW or USEDcars based on age. Oh Obewan please enlighten me with your shear moment of brilliant ignorance.....:rolleyes:

It's very common knowledge that you do not buy a brand new car. If you want to buy a car to own, that's fine and dandy, but you buy one used and save thousands and thousands of dollars. Buying a new car is an awful investment.

Sonic Blue GT said:
Oh and by the way shithead...I have a 03 Cobra Terminator and a Cessna 172 besides the Mustang GT. I had a chance to buy a GT500 but declined the offer since the MSRP was marked up 20K. I have a firearm collection that has firearms in it that cost more than your car asswipe. So you want to sit there and go head to head with me about understanding money and investments?????

Prove it.

Sonic Blue GT said:
The only one here that has shit for brains is you and you are certainly showing how full your head is filled in this thread asshole . So why don't you come back in about 20 - 30 years after making some more of your meager white-trash salary...that is if you even have a pot to piss in by that time and then we will see what life experience has taught you.

Why don't you show me some evidence? I find it hilarious you completely skip over my posts that slash and dash your awful economic advise, yet just throw name-calling nonense into it. Come on, show me something that says buying a new car is a good investment. That's all I ask.

PS PM me that information please.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
You people have to start to learn what investment hedging and equity is all about instead of living for the moment playing with "funny money". I bet 96SVT still uses credit cards and eats all that interest at the end of every tax year. He probably doesn't even know that there are cards that can be obtained through banks whereby all the interest paid is deductable on the year-end IRS taxes. Like I said
96SVT is a clueless child operating in an adult world with his "funny money" and plastic.

Cheap shots at me when you're not even responding to me? I think that's a little unecessary.

BTW I'm still waiting for some backbone to your claims.

Oh, and I have no debt, not that it's any of your business.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
mrGT said:
Generally speaking, buying a new car is not a good investment. Now if you only placed money in "good" investments, you would not have much fun in life. You would die with a zillion dollars to leave your heirs.

Nearly everything you buy (outside of the financial institutions) will depreciate.

Exactly. I agree with that. That's why, say, buying a brand new GT500 is something I don't go "OMG YOU IDIOT" over because you have to have fun. If you're planning on keeping the car for 10+ years or something like that...then you should still buy it used though. Wait one or two years and find one that's been garaged and has like 1500 miles on it. Shit you can find 96-98 Cobra's that have less than 10,000 miles on it. The low mile cars are out there, you just have to find them and have some patience.

But what I'm saying is, buying a new car and then trading it in/selling it 5 years later to buy another brand new car is AWFUL economics.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
chuckstang said:
wow, all I ever meant was that buying a new performance car is not a bad ideabecause buying a used one is a roll of the dice on whether it has been well taken care of. I for one, want to own at least one new high performance car in my life that I can call my own, and that no other ass holes like some of you have beaten the snot out of! :)
Leasing a car is better for business owners, he is not a complete moron. Im no genious but went to a good 4 year business school and leared a couple things lol.

Agreed, if you don't mind the thousand dollars of opportunity cost. It still makes more sense to find one that has very low miles one to two years later and buy that one..but if you're willing to spend $10-$15 more to have it "new", that's your deal...however that does not make it good "business". It is still bad economics...you just have to be willing to take the cost.

And what I'm reffering to is more everyday cars, not high performance cars.

And yes, a Mustang GT is an everyday car :smmon:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
this is rediculous. neither of you is gonna convince the other what they think is right so why dont you both just shut up right now.

not that it really matters but, i say pay to own, not pay to rent.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Leasing a car is better for business owners

Please explain how leasing cars benefits business owners and not regular everyday folk as well.

What is it that business owners have that makes leasing cars worth it, but not regular old Joe Smith?

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
this is rediculous. neither of you is gonna convince the other what they think is right so why dont you both just shut up right now.

not that it really matters but, i say pay to own, not pay to rent.

He can have is own opinion, but it is a fact buying a brand new car is bad personal finance.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
let me guess, your just playing with words, right? your saying buying new vs. buying used instead of the actual arguement being put up buy everyone else, buying new vs. leasing new.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Personal Financial Planning said:
The personal finance experts say to buy appreciating assets – like houses, whose long-term value is likely to increase – and lease depreciating assets, like cars

This is the general rule of thumb obviously but that's what we're talking about.

If you can outright by the car, no doubt it is better to just buy the car. But if you have to take a loan, when you buy a new car you're upside down. That means your car is worth less than what you owe on it, which is very very bad personal finance. Of course, if you have the net worth to back it up I suppose it's not awful, but if that's the case you would have bought it cash, right?

The guy in question has it right. He's leasing his MB, and if he has a "walk away" clause and just leases another car when that lease is up...he is doing the best thing you can do financially. Now if he wants to own a car, he went about it the wrong way.

It doesn't get any more basic than this.

Last edited:

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
let me guess, your just playing with words, right? your saying buying new vs. buying used instead of the actual arguement being put up buy everyone else, buying new vs. leasing new.

what are you talking about? No, not at all. I am saying if you BUY used, then that's not bad personal finance (circumstances pending of course). So if you want to own a car, and you buy it used...no issues. But to buy a new car, again, is bad personal finance. ESPECIALLY if you're going to be getting a new car 3-5 years later. If that's the case, then there is no doubt you should lease the car for 3-5 years (w/e your plan is) and then lease your new car when that time is up.

If you want to own a car...you buy it used. You don't buy it new. I'm not saying this always applies, because if your personal opportunity cost of buying a new car outweighs the money you throw away, then it's not a bad decision. Of course, this is assuming you hold on to the car for a long time.

Last edited:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Let me just say that once production picks up all those people paying $25K over sticker are going to feel like they just got banged. Just like the 03 Cobra, people were paying $10k over sticker. A year later you could pick one up in 04 for $5k under sticker. I guess he doesn't have that kind of money or does and wishes not to get raped. That sounds smart to me. But leaving Ford for market conditions is one way to pay back the dealers. Ford and the dealers better smarten up because business aint that great right now for either.

chuckstang

Established Member
I have never leased a car, but what happens if you want to buy it at the end of the term? I was just going on my accounting professor :)
It all comes down to personal situation, because for me, I have had bad luck with used cars, and not just performance cars but my DD 2004 Mazda 6 bought with 15k miles, the thing sucks ass, well the tranny is a pos I mean, the rest is fine and dandy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread