Don't ever sell your Terminator..... you will just buy another one

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m going to have to play with some designs, my tool shed will go and the deck. But the patio is big enough I won’t miss the deck with a shop. I’d like to have an over hang car port on the side of it for the F150.

Ah I can understand that. Do you keep all yours at the shop in the winter? If so could you park a daily in the garage at the house in the winter? I’m sure your dogs probably thank you for the bigger back yard too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like a good plan!

Yeah during the summer the vert stays in the garage at the house. Now it's full of outside stuff that gets brought inside during winter months.

It just kinda sucks having nice dailys that stay outside all the time..

Hard to keep the wife's black explorer st looking nice..

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Whereabouts in MN are you? You've probably answered this before, but I'm a putz.
Southern part, smaller town of 13,000 called New Ulm. Old German town.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve never drank alcohol before, I’ll take a coke and jam out
Perfect! I don't drink much, it's mostly for visitors. Hence it's expired because no one stops over.

blackbolt2003

Established Member
step-brothers-did-we-just-become-best-friends.gif

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
OP what did you not like about the GT350? I'm thinking about trading my vette in for one

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sounds like a good plan!

Yeah during the summer the vert stays in the garage at the house. Now it's full of outside stuff that gets brought inside during winter months.

It just kinda sucks having nice dailys that stay outside all the time..

Hard to keep the wife's black explorer st looking nice..

How do you both like the vert? Yeah I hear ya wish my truck didn’t have too. That’s why I won’t get another black vehicle. It would have to be too good to pass up. They look good, but it’s like a second job keeping it clean.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
OP what did you not like about the GT350? I'm thinking about trading my vette in for one
I have a 350 as well. So I can chime in my thoughts.

First and foremost the 350 in my opinion is a blast to drive. I've driven the cobra and 350 back to back. The 350 is very comfortable, rides great and has all the new technology. Most people get steered away because the problems that arise with the motor. In my opinion it's blown out of proportion just like the 03-04 cobra head tick.

I bought mine with 17k miles and did add a Ford ESP for a piece of mind.

The 350 for some will feel slow because it's not a torque monster like the cobra and makes power above 6500 rpms. I love the handling that it has. My buddy has a 18 GT350 and he was going around a roundabout at 52mph!

Going from the 350 to the cobra, makes the cobra feel rough and outdated. But I appreciate what the cobra is, and it's history.

And making around 700rwhp my cobra would destroy my 350.

Different strokes for different folks. In saying that, I would never sell my cobra for a 350.

I'm curious why OP didn't care for the 350 as much?
9b5cd5047b47a04e27e56315b5709680.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
How do you both like the vert? Yeah I hear ya wish my truck didn’t have too. That’s why I won’t get another black vehicle. It would have to be too good to pass up. They look good, but it’s like a second job keeping it clean.

We kinda got hosed buying this one sight unseen. Live and learn I guess. We overpaid for what the advertised condition is. So the wife doesn't like it as much. But I'm trying to make it better.

I honestly think she'd be happier with a 2010-2015ish 5.0 convertible. Thought about trading, but we'd lose our a$$ on the deal I'm sure.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member

First and foremost the 350 in my opinion is a blast to drive. I've driven the cobra and 350 back to back. The 350 is very comfortable, rides great and has all the new technology. Most people get steered away because the problems that arise with the motor. In my opinion it's blown out of proportion just like the 03-04 cobra head tick.

The 350 for some will feel slow because it's not a torque monster like the cobra and makes power above 6500 rpms. I love the handling that it has. My buddy has a 18 GT350 and he was going around a roundabout at 52mph!

Going from the 350 to the cobra, makes the cobra feel rough and outdated. But I appreciate what the cobra is, and it's history.

Different strokes for different folks. In saying that, I would never sell my cobra for a 350.

beautiful car
I'm not getting rid of my 04 so there's no comparison there.
I want the comfort and I absolutely love how they look. I also need a back seat.
I'm not really worried about speed and power anymore. All the tracks by me closed and I don't street race so no need to be a red light warrior.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
beautiful car
I'm not getting rid of my 04 so there's no comparison there.
I want the comfort and I absolutely love how they look. I also need a back seat.
I'm not really worried about speed and power anymore. All the tracks by me closed and I don't street race so no need to be a red light warrior.
You will absolutely love it. The clutch pedal and shifting is effortless and smooth. I drove my buddies probably back in 2019, and knew one day I'd like to own one.

Do a little research on them if you haven't. I usually let the oil temp get up to 120-130* before driving.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Southern part, smaller town of 13,000 called New Ulm. Old German town.
The company I work for (Dayton Freight) has a recently-added facility near there. Maybe I can find a way to make it into a work trip. lol And I’ll clean up the beer for ya.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I've always admired your GT350, Brady. I remember seeing a 2018 GT350 at my Ford dealership back then, and I was mesmerized by it. Such an awesome looking car. Best looking late model Mustang IMO. Your comments about your Cobra were spot on. I remember driving my son-in-law's C6Z and it was so smoother overall compared to my Cobra. My Cobra was "only" making 504 to the wheels but it was definitely a torque monster. Brutal punch, but controllable. And so much fun. You KNEW you were driving a true muscle car. Between the two, the Cobra was my fav. So I understand your comparison comments between your Cobra with your GT350. The Terminator was, is, and will probably always be renowned for it's brutal ability to put a solid smile on your face as you get smacked into the seatback. Such a fun hot rod. To this day, I miss mine.

The day I picked it up in early January, 2003. My buddy's enclosed trailer was a blessing that day.

1706326471510.jpeg

A year later.

1706325825832.jpeg

1706326662841.jpeg

1706325895719.jpeg

1706325739242.jpeg

GONE.....but never forgotten.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've always admired your GT350, Brady. I remember seeing a 2018 GT350 at my Ford dealership back then, and I was mesmerized by it. Such an awesome looking car. Best looking late model Mustang IMO. Your comments about your Cobra were spot on. I remember driving my son-in-law's C6Z and it was so smoother overall compared to my Cobra. My Cobra was "only" making 504 to the wheels but it was definitely a torque monster. Brutal punch, but controllable. And so much fun. You KNEW you were driving a true muscle car. Between the two, the Cobra was my fav. So I understand your comparison comments between your Cobra with your GT350. The Terminator was, is, and will probably always be renowned for it's brutal ability to put a solid smile on your face as you get smacked into the seatback. Such a fun hot rod. To this day, I miss mine.

The day I picked it up in early January, 2003. My buddy's enclosed trailer was a blessing that day.

View attachment 1826352

A year later.

View attachment 1826349

View attachment 1826353

View attachment 1826350

View attachment 1826348

GONE.....but never forgotten.
It's awesome seeing pictures of your old cobra! I don't recall ever really seeing it. But I do recall it being DSG.

Pretty cool hearing about your thoughts on the cobra. Definitely a machine that has made a huge impact in the automotive industry and history.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
1706356263971.png

I think the 03-04 will end up like the Boss 429. They made many more Cobras, but their is more similarities than you think.

Picked up my 03 Sonic Blue in 2006, the drive home is etched in my mind. The complete rush of power and it seemed to go forever! I had the joker smile stuck on my face for a few days.

That was just an Catback, and intake. Now it has a 2.76 pulley, Mrt Stainless mid, Mac Stainless Catback, H&R Sports, LFP heat exchanger, Billetflow Hood vents and Tune. Always thought I wanted a bigger blower and supporting mods, but I'm glad I stayed where I'm at. Like many of you, the Cobra is becoming a cruiser and not a street brawler anymore. And that's okay, it's made its mark more than apparent. I also very much appreciate these people here. Much information to be gathered, and contested! Here.

Users who are viewing this thread