Don't understand this truck

SVT04

Established Member
Again I ask , How many vehicles are presently for sale in the SVT line ???

And how many of them emphasize performance in HP etc. ?

The answer will tell you the present state and health of SVT.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Again I ask , How many vehicles are presently for sale in the SVT line ???

And how many of them emphasize performance in HP etc. ?

The answer will tell you the present state and health of SVT.

2 current svt can be purchased new at dealers today. a truck that has more engineering than any other svt that has been created(besides the ford gt)! and the gt500 which has 500hp+!

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
Honestly, I like the fact that SVT only has 2 vehicles. It allows them to focus on getting every aspect of the vehicle right. its too small of a group to have a huge line anyway.

btw, I still don't like the fact that the GT500 is an SVT product with Shelby's name slapped all over it. The Shelby name does help sell the car though.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
btw, I still don't like the fact that the GT500 is an SVT product with Shelby's name slapped all over it. The Shelby name does help sell the car though.

you think its better with the name cobra on it which was an old shelby roadster?

personally i have never like the fact that they called it cobra simply because it gets mixed up with the 60's roadster and todays kit cars. the mustang cobra should have been named after a fast race horse or special breed of mustangs.
even that does not look right mustang cobra? 2 different animals to name one car?:??:

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
you think its better with the name cobra on it which was an old shelby roadster?

personally i have never like the fact that they called it cobra simply because it gets mixed up with the 60's roadster and todays kit cars. the mustang cobra should have been named after a fast race horse or special breed of mustangs.
even that does not look right mustang cobra? 2 different animals to name one car?:??:

Fair enough.
I would be okay with " SVT Mustang".
'nuff said.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Honestly, I like the fact that SVT only has 2 vehicles. It allows them to focus on getting every aspect of the vehicle right. its too small of a group to have a huge line anyway.

I'd like to see an SVT Fusion.

I preferred it just being called the Mustang Cobra.

SVT04

Established Member
The GT 500 is NOT an SVT product. The Raptor is the only SVT for sale at this time.

Where are the other SVT vehicles ? So much for the health of SVT.

Someone mentioned an SVT Fusion. Sounds good to me. An upsized V6 say 3.8 and turboed with AWD would be OK.

And the Adrenalin could be brought back to life, an AWD sport-trac with the Shelby Cobra engine and say a 6spd auto.

Dream on I suppose.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The GT 500 is NOT an SVT product. The Raptor is the only SVT for sale at this time.

Someone mentioned an SVT Fusion. Sounds good to me. An upsized V6 say 3.8 and turboed with AWD would be OK.

And the Adrenalin could be brought back to life, an AWD sport-trac with the Shelby Cobra engine and say a 6spd auto.

Dream on I suppose.

then why does the gt500 have svt plastered all over it and the owners manual? from the thread, http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/366197-gt500-svt-product.html
Some people have argued the GT500 is not an SVT product. I recently had the camera handy when I was prepping the car for the Auto Show. So I figured I'd document a few things.

You make the call.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

svtsillxz1.jpg

svtmanual1cl0.jpg

svttachmd2.jpg

svtmanual2tr6.jpg

svtbuildlx0.jpg

svtmanual3jn3.jpg

svtwheelnz1.jpg

svtvalvecoverpe0.jpg

Any questions?!?! :pop:

SVT04

Established Member
The GT 500 has SVT all over it in small places. So what. It was not an SVT official project, they did not develop it. It was done by a different team and labeled as a Shelby. The SVT was added afterwards for a little extra something. Why is a mystery.

It has not been marketed as an SVT product.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member

Dream on I suppose.

Well keep dreaming, cause at the end of this year the sport trac will be dead.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The GT 500 has SVT all over it in small places. So what. It was not an SVT official project, they did not develop it. It was done by a different team and labeled as a Shelby. The SVT was added afterwards for a little extra something. Why is a mystery.

It has not been marketed as an SVT product.

svt did the research and design work on the gt500. svt also engineered the car. svt built the car. svt tested the car. ask anyone of the employees at svt and they will tell you they did all the work in developing and creating the gt500 mustang! this is why svt name is all over the gt500!:poke:

SVT04

Established Member
You can get the Fusion with the 3.5 and AWD. Ecoboost and a little SVT badge would be so easy.

Well keep dreaming, cause at the end of this year the sport trac will be dead.

We ( wifes car) presently own an 07 Fusion with AWD. Nice car.

As far as the Sport trac Adrenalin goes, I suppose some enterprising individual could create his own.

Take an AWD Adrenalin and yank out the 4.6 3V and drop in a 4.6 DOHC complete out of a wrecked Cobra.

Wonder how much trouble it would be to mate the Cobra motor to the auto trans etc.

Stinger2007

Established Member
Touche......

I resectfully disagree.
A person either gets the concept of the raptor and buys into it, or they don't.
Let's just leave it at that.

+1:lol:

I re-sectfully don't care for the Shafter.......ooops! I meant teridactille,,,doe!.....Rafffter.:bash:

blk02edge

Established Member
We ( wifes car) presently own an 07 Fusion with AWD. Nice car.

As far as the Sport trac Adrenalin goes, I suppose some enterprising individual could create his own.

Take an AWD Adrenalin and yank out the 4.6 3V and drop in a 4.6 DOHC complete out of a wrecked Cobra.

Wonder how much trouble it would be to mate the Cobra motor to the auto trans etc.

I think your arguing out your ass... just becuase offroad isnt your thing doesnt mean your opinion speaks for everybody, like ON D BIT has said the raptor has had more R&D than any other svt. And when you say they lack a decent lineup when has svt really done anything special other than the 99+ cobras with their unique IRS? I hardly belive an svt focus or contour has any "heart" to it. and a lightning had less "bolt ons" than the raptor, dont even bring up the GT500 thing again becuase that is truly retarded.

Raptor is a badass truck that your just going to have to accept :rolling:

Stinger2007

Established Member
I musta missed that one.... :)

I corrected my original post. Sorry for the spelling error. :bored:

:lol: I really wasn't picking on ya, moreso laughing with you. This Raffffffter isn't my thing.

I truly hope that we see the Gen-3 L, I will definitely have one.

And I think we share the same idea that, while ford has delivered one hell of a baddazz 4x4 truck (and really they have), maybe we were hoping that all that time and effort and technology could have been directed towards the unveiling of the Gen-3.

I thought I read in this thread that with the current platform that the F150 was made on, the gen-3 would have some serious delimas delivering much more pwr\torq. And maybe the best thing (nothing) has happened towards a new gen-3. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years, we can witness a new L with a stock motor that is as bolt on friendly as in the past.:beer:

:shrug: I hope so...

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I thought I read in this thread that with the current platform that the F150 was made on, the gen-3 would have some serious delimas delivering much more pwr\torq. And maybe the best thing (nothing) has happened towards a new gen-3. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years, we can witness a new L with a stock motor that is as bolt on friendly as in the past.:beer:

:shrug: I hope so...

The chasis is too big and heavy for a street fast truck. The last lightning chasis was good by the standards of 10 years ago but would fail miserably by todays crash test standards. Sure they could put a blown 5.4 in the current truck but it would only be as fast as the new 2011 mustang v6 that will have 300hp in it through the 1320(stock for stock).

Do you really think ford will sell a 40-45k 12mpg lightning if the new 20k 30mpg mustang v6 can race it from every street light?

Stinger2007

Established Member
yes....................

The chasis is too big and heavy for a street fast truck. The last lightning chasis was good by the standards of 10 years ago but would fail miserably by todays crash test standards. Sure they could put a blown 5.4 in the current truck but it would only be as fast as the new 2011 mustang v6 that will have 300hp in it through the 1320(stock for stock).

Do you really think ford will sell a 40-45k 12mpg lightning if the new 20k 30mpg mustang v6 can race it from every street light?

Yes! I have my fingers crossed.....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread