Double Din Screens

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
All the navigation stuff and bluetooth is in the box. i.e. antenna, mic

As long as you ordered the harness and the mounting kit you're good.

Wow, alot of us are going to have these now.

Here's some spash screens I made off of Jay's idea. Let me know which you like best. If you have any requests I can try to make you guys something if you have one in mind.

AVICSVT.jpg

AvicBurn.jpg

AvicRed.jpg

Avic-background.jpg

hey can you change up#'s 2 and 4 for us DSG guys? please

also does the 700bt have the capability for the spedo screen? or is that just a splash screen?

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
also does the 700bt have the capability for the spedo screen? or is that just a splash screen?
I'm not sure about the 700BT but on the D3 it is actual telemetry, you can display many items. I choose Speed, and G's for both accelerating/decelerating and cornering.
I'd check out avic411.com for information on the 700BT, especially how to "hack" it to play movies and set navigation while moving. It's silly to have more monitors just for passengers when the screen in the middle of the dash is perfect and there is no backseat. Just use common sense and don't watch while driving.

Last edited:

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
hey can you change up#'s 2 and 4 for us DSG guys? please

No, the f series AVIC does not have the extra gauges, it's the only thing I miss from my old D3

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
I got everything in the mail for my F90BT unit and am ready to install. I went to start messing around with it yesterday, and whoa...A lot of stuff needs trimming. I knew I was going to have to mess around with the back side since it is not slanted like the orginal unit, but I thought it would just slide right in through the opening in the dash? Is there something wrong or did everyone have to trim out a little bit on the dash as well to get it in? I thought double din was just...Double din :dw:
I have put a few "plug and play" kind of setups in various vehicles, but I'm really not keen on cutting up the opening in the dash which could be quite crucial to keeping a "factory look" and the mounting of the unit itself. But I also don't want to pay some place $300 to install it, either :sleeping:
Speaking of mounting...With the install kit, how does the back of the unit get installed to the dash. It doesn't seem like the only thing that should be holding the navigation in the truck would be the little tabs on the side of the mounting kit...?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7820_American+International+FM-K552.html

Last edited:

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
how does the back of the unit get installed to the dash. It doesn't seem like the only thing that should be holding the navigation in the truck would be the little tabs on the side of the mounting kit...?
American International FM-K552 (fmk552) Ford Installation Kits In-Dash Receiver Accessories & Installation Car Accessories and Installation Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

you have to bolt the sides of the kit to the sides of the unit, I used the little bolts that comes with the unit or the kit (don't remember) and yes, the tabs are the only thing holding the unit to the dash, and I guess the stock radio trim piece also helps to keep it in place.

Last edited:

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
you have to bolt the sides of the kit to the sides of the unit, I used the little bolts that comes with the unit or the kit (don't remember) and yes, the tabs are the only thing holding the unit to the dash, and I guess the stock radio trim piece also helps to keep it in place.

I ended up also utilizing the factory rear "tab" to hold up the rear...And for extra peace of mind, I drilled a mounting "plate" fabricated out of scrap aluminium since what was keeping that up had to be cut away in lieu of the larger new unit. All and all, it turned out to be an extremely straight forward install aside from the random trimming needed and it looks great! I appologize for the crap pictures, but I took these right as the sun was going down.

P1010034.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010038.jpg

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with how it turned out and with all of its nifty features. Figured I would share.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
They all look great guys! I'm coming in late to this thread and subject but I skimmed through and saw a few things about "trimming" things to make these fit. My question is, if I put one in my truck can I put the stock radio back in if I was to sell it and it look decent or will it be a no return deal?

vmorel1

Established Member
I ended up also utilizing the factory rear "tab" to hold up the rear...And for extra peace of mind, I drilled a mounting "plate" fabricated out of scrap aluminium since what was keeping that up had to be cut away in lieu of the larger new unit. All and all, it turned out to be an extremely straight forward install aside from the random trimming needed and it looks great! I appologize for the crap pictures, but I took these right as the sun was going down.

P1010034.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010038.jpg

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with how it turned out and with all of its nifty features. Figured I would share.

It looks great! Glad you got it all together! You're going to love it :rockon:

They all look great guys! I'm coming in late to this thread and subject but I skimmed through and saw a few things about "trimming" things to make these fit. My question is, if I put one in my truck can I put the stock radio back in if I was to sell it and it look decent or will it be a no return deal?

yes, you would be able to go back to stock without telling a difference. All of the trimming is behind the radio where you can't see it.

Last edited:

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member

you should be happy, it looks like a nice clean install, and you will love this unit I still finding nice little features or details that other units don't come close to it.

BTW this is the splash screen I am ussing in case somebody wants it.

avic4.jpg

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAhVmjptZMI"]YouTube - Tim Allen grunt collection[/ame] is what i think of this thread

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
Sweet, got mine in too.........absolutely love it. But it caused a chain-reaction of spending.

AVIC.jpg

I had to buy another iPod cuz I wanted to leave it in the glove box somewhat permanently. Then I bought mids, and now I'm going to get subs.

PS, Ford did not want us to change out the speakers.....the doors took all of 5 minutes, the ones in the rear of the cab were a BITCH!!!!!

cab.jpg

What sub box are you guys usin?

N A Rush

Established Member
you should be happy, it looks like a nice clean install, and you will love this unit I still finding nice little features or details that other units don't come close to it.

BTW this is the splash screen I am ussing in case somebody wants it.

avic4.jpg

Nice work! :beer:

qurtrn10

Established Member
I just had my F700bt installed tonight. I got it second hand, so I have to run out and get the GPS antenna, the ipod cable, and the bluetooth microphone, but for what I have to start with, I'm enjoying it. Thanks for posting those pics for the splash screen!

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
FYI for those with the f series pioneers, there is a update out for the F series that brings it to the X series specs and updates the maps too, it's not free tough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread