Dr. Colorchip Review *Before & After Pics*

Predatorbird

Established Member
I haven't seen any reviews on Dr. Colorchip on here, so here are my thoughts on their product. It doesn't replace a new paint job and the marks are still visible in the shade and if you're close to the car. In the sun and from more than a few feet away, it makes it almost invisible to see unless you know you're looking for the chips.

I bought the car like this, but have never had the time or money to get the front bumper resprayed. I bought the biggest kit they sell for $59 and had plenty of paint left over. The blending solution does a great job taking off the excess paint from your clearcoat, leaving the chip filled in. There are cheaper touch-up paints out there, but I think this is one of the better kits available. I'm happy with how the car turned out and I would recommend this to others.
Dr.ColorChip Custom Automotive Touch-Up Paint Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

Here is a before and after to give you an idea on what it's capable of...

Before:
IMG_1356.jpg

After:
IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

mnewxcv

Established Member
looks really good, $59 doesnt sound like much to make a somewhat beat up bumper look like an almost new one

Predatorbird

Established Member
looks really good, $59 doesnt sound like much to make a somewhat beat up bumper look like an almost new one

That was my thought when buying it. I knew the regular touch-up paint wasn't going to do what this kit did. I used an old t-shirt to spread the paint on my entire front bumper, so I was a little worried how it would turn out once I used the solution to remove the excess. After doing the front bumper and various spots around the whole car, I still have over half the 1oz bottle of paint and plenty of blending solution left over. This kit goes a long way and most people could get away with either of the two cheaper kits.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Shouldve taken closeup pics of the damage, cant tell anything from those before or after shots.

I need to do this to my GST, the front is chipped to hell and back now that I commute with it all freeway. Daily i hear *Ding* as something gets thrown up and ejected at my cars face.

Satyr

Established Member
Yeah, I can't really tell a difference. It looked good before.
Close up shots would have been helpful.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Thank you! I was trying to think of the name of this for the last 3 days and couldn't. I have a few "sandblast" areas that need attention.

Predatorbird

Established Member
Shouldve taken closeup pics of the damage, cant tell anything from those before or after shots.

I need to do this to my GST, the front is chipped to hell and back now that I commute with it all freeway. Daily i hear *Ding* as something gets thrown up and ejected at my cars face.
I had full intentions of doing a complete write-up with before and afters, but I did the car on a whim and didn't have my camera with me. I plan on doing my g/f's Acura and will take pics of that. She had a little "run in" with the garage and part of her bumper is pretty scraped up. I'm very confident I will be able to make it look a lot better with the $39 kit.

Yeah, I can't really tell a difference. It looked good before.
Close up shots would have been helpful.
Looked good before? :shrug: I never took close up shots of my front end b/c of the damage. Here are some previous shots taken to give you an idea. People have said the car had "freckles" when pics were posted. I started to PS the bumper from then on.

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0090copy1.jpg

Predatorbird2.jpg

Predatorbird6-1.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
The Dr. Colorchip Kit is worth the money.

A neighbor was selling his six year old BMW 3 series and it had a lot of rock chips on the front bumper. The dealer wanted $1400.00 to repair it.
After using the kit it looked pretty damn good. I polished and sealed it for him and the first person to look at it, bought it.

And to save some money on the kit, wait until Autogeek or some other reseller has a 25% off sale and get it through them.

mnewxcv

Established Member
use some simple green then back to black on those fog light bezels to make em look like new. :)

eddyroxx

Established Member
does this work on deep chips? i have the ford paint pen and have to fill, let dry, fill again, let dry etc. Is this kit just paint or is it like a paste?

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
hrmm...interesting I'd like some close up after pics. So all you do it slap the paint wherever the chips are then use the solution to clean up the excess?

Users who are viewing this thread