Drove a buddy's new Charger Hellcat - Here's a brief review

paluka21

Established Member
Looks trashy as hell to me. Maybe that's because every white trash and Mexican in Arizona has a charger has been PepBoying the hell out of their chargers for years and they look way too similar.

LOL. :lol: Fortunately we don't have any of that going on around where I live. I actually like the color of the car but would prefer a darker shade of blue or white paint.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
You'd be placing a bad bet. Four cars with HP that's not even in the same zip code as the Hellcat, yet weigh the same or more, but you think they'd be faster on the freeway? Your hate toward American cars knows no bounds.
Very sad times when American car owners rather race from a roll than from a stop. Its as if they made a switch with FWD ricers from the 90’s :(

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I really love the new Hellcat Chargers. If they were to make a 300 Hellcat at a reasonable price, I would be sold. Dodge did a great job with these cars, nothing like heavy cars with ton of power, true american muscle from the past.

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
Color isnt too bad. Looks alright. Im not in to Dodges. I was a fan of the Viper for the longest. Being a Cobra owner changed that. Im waiting to catch someone here in Columbus with one, so I can put them on youtube. lol but rivalry aside, whats the ticket $$$ on those and is there absolutely no Manual option?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Very sad times when American car owners rather race from a roll than from a stop. ...

Not true. It's sad times when American cars are made with more power than they can even use effectively from a stop. Aside from that, it's not like these cars are going to roll up on each other on the freeway and come to a stop to do a race or scream out the windows at each other for directions to a drag strip. This is the real world.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I really love the new Hellcat Chargers. If they were to make a 300 Hellcat at a reasonable price, I would be sold. Dodge did a great job with these cars, nothing like heavy cars with ton of power, true american muscle from the past.

This. Not sure why the 300 is not getting this drivetrain.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Not true. It's sad times when American cars are made with more power than they can even use effectively from a stop. Aside from that, it's not like these cars are going to roll up on each other on the freeway and come to a stop to do a race or scream out the windows at each other for directions to a drag strip. This is the real world.

No doubt I will likely run into a hellcat as there are plenty of dyno racers in my town who just want to have the highest hp. Chances are it will be at a stoplight or very low roll. And chances are I'll be in my Audi or gtr. I'll take my chances and be prepared for all the traction excuses. Where I live, awd is king when it comes to high hp cars. I had the same issue with my gt500, and struggle with my modded c6z. That car will still lose traction at 80mph mid-may, and my tires are decent

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
:dw: Nothing wrong with a 4-door family car. Families need more room. By the way, the Charger Hellcat is faster/quicker than the Challenger Hellcat. And it will pretty much destroy any 2-door on the road as well as any 4-door. Which is why it's been such a huge hit for Dodge.

Brian, I love the color and the black wheels. Good looking 4-door. Pretty neat that you got to drive your buddy's HC and go WOT a few times.

I know man, but it's just goofy looking to me.

I liken it to fat chick in the club; she got dressed up as good as she can but its still an unattractive fat girl.

kaz109

Established Member
Anybody else think that "DEAD END" sign beside the car is a bit ominous?

Have you seen the torque curve of the GT500 engines?

From a stop, yes. From a roll, which is where they're more likely to meet, it would be a tight race.

You'd be placing a bad bet. Four cars with HP that's not even in the same zip code as the Hellcat, yet weigh the same or more, but you think they'd be faster on the freeway? Your hate toward American cars knows no bounds.

First of all when did I say on the freeway?? Are you so brainwashed by all the new age ricers ( big bad V8 car guys that only do hwy roll races) that it is all you thing about when meeting one the street is said?? Sounds like you couldn't be more clueless. On the street you are more likely to run into each other at lost speeds or stop lights and aren't going to run to 150+mph so it's more about who can put the power down not who has the most. So with that said all the cars I mentioned put power down better than a hellcat.

Like I said put on DR's at the track my opinion changes but stock for stock on the street, I will take any of the other cars I mentioned. Ask Kirk

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I dunno, I line/lined up with more cars at 70 than I do at a light or low speeds. I do all freeway driving so the only races im likely to see are on freeways.

Voltwings

Established Member
Same, my commute is like 60 miles one way and consists of literally no lights i go straight through, i turn at all of them. Some of us just end up in more roll racing situations, but God forbid we're no longer American at that point :dw:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Very sad times when American car owners rather race from a roll than from a stop. Its as if they made a switch with FWD ricers from the 90’s :(

+1

10 years ago the big single turbo supras were wreaking havoc on the streets. All the domestic guys only wanted to race from a dig and said that roll racing was "ghey."

Now, the shoe is on the other foot, my how times have changed :rolleyes:

First of all when did I say on the freeway?? Are you so brainwashed by all the new age ricers ( big bad V8 car guys that only do hwy roll races)

that want to race to the moon cause there car has big power but has a setup worth crap. Then to fix the vehicle they add even more power to overcome the vehicles obvious short comings. Pathetic....

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
First of all when did I say on the freeway?? Are you so brainwashed by all the new age ricers ( big bad V8 car guys that only do hwy roll races) that it is all you thing about when meeting one the street is said?? Sounds like you couldn't be more clueless. On the street you are more likely to run into each other at lost speeds or stop lights and aren't going to run to 150+mph so it's more about who can put the power down not who has the most. So with that said all the cars I mentioned put power down better than a hellcat.

Like I said put on DR's at the track my opinion changes but stock for stock on the street, I will take any of the other cars I mentioned. Ask Kirk

Wow! AWD cars can launch better on street surfaces than RWD cars?!? What a concept! Thanks, Poindexter! I would've never realized that!

kaz109

Established Member
Wow! AWD cars can launch better on street surfaces than RWD cars?!? What a concept! Thanks, Poindexter! I would've never realized that!

Which is why I said my money is on those cars....are u really that slow?

Users who are viewing this thread