Drove a buddy's new Charger Hellcat - Here's a brief review

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Which is why I said my money is on those cars....are u really that slow?

Are you really that much of a Cpt. Obvious??? Hmm... Four tires grabbing for traction is better than two! Again, what a concept! That's why I assumed up meant on the freeway. Any retard could tell you AWD is going to launch better than RWD, genius.

HandBanana

Established Member
I seriously can't get over that color combo, beautiful!

Also, HellCat > M6 Gran Coupe > RS7 > S 63 AMG > GT500 > Prius > Kaz

kaz109

Established Member
I seriously can't get over that color combo, beautiful!

Also, HellCat > M6 Gran Coupe > RS7 > S 63 AMG > GT500 > Prius > Kaz

hahahaha...Ya momma !!! But switch the M6GC and RS7 and I would be OK with that

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
+1

10 years ago the big single turbo supras were wreaking havoc on the streets. All the domestic guys only wanted to race from a dig and said that roll racing was "ghey."

Now, the shoe is on the other foot, my how times have changed :rolleyes:

lol no they didnt.

Only the tards would say it was "ghey". The rest of us that wanted to trounce Supras just bought 03/04 Cobras or Corvettes and had at it from 60-160.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
First of all when did I say on the freeway?? Are you so brainwashed by all the new age ricers ( big bad V8 car guys that only do hwy roll races) that it is all you thing about when meeting one the street is said?? Sounds like you couldn't be more clueless. On the street you are more likely to run into each other at lost speeds or stop lights and aren't going to run to 150+mph so it's more about who can put the power down not who has the most. So with that said all the cars I mentioned put power down better than a hellcat.

Like I said put on DR's at the track my opinion changes but stock for stock on the street, I will take any of the other cars I mentioned. Ask Kirk

Respectfully, I think you are arguing your point emotionally rather than logically. Roll racing became popular for many reasons. Law enforcement has cracked down on street racing/dig spots everywhere, a lot of tracks around the country are going out of business or being closed by their local city officials in the name of new malls or giant master planned communities. When cops would break up the local dig spot, everyone hauls ass to the next one, that's where roll racing started. I mean how many adults actually go to the local street racing/dig spots still? Not many, it's mostly kids in imports that go them here in DFW.

Going to the track isn't an option for a lot of people depending on where they live because the track they had either closed, or is far away. We have several tracks within a two hour drive here. They are constantly opening/closing for business, poorly maintained or full of wannabe thugs or kiddies with imports oiling down the track. It sucks to go to the track these days. You're lucky to get in two or three passes all night long on a questionable surface.

The odds of someone pulling up next to you at a redlight in another sports car is very slim. So by natural happen stance, it's more likely to come across someone while moving down the road and/or highway.

I like racing period. Dig, roll, either way racing is fun. I'm not going to hate on someone who has a preference for one over the other. To each to their own.

8gtoklr

Established Member
On Jay Lenos garage the Dodge guy said with the 300hp level gas mileage is still the same as the 700hp level when driven normal. They put 300hp mode for wives,girlfriends, kids, friends. lol or to possibly drive in poor weather conditions

Felix C

Established Member
lol no they didnt.

Only the tards would say it was "ghey". The rest of us that wanted to trounce Supras just bought 03/04 Cobras or Corvettes and had at it from 60-160.

I think it is more like mid-1990s than ten years ago when roll racing was the ghey.

But roll racing makes sense with so much more police presence in breaking up dig racing meets and the lack of traffic on the expressway late at night. If you see a car it is either someone worth racing or a cop.

Last edited:

truefiveo

Established Member
Who the hell is risking racing from stop lights these days????
As much traffic and surveillance tech there is on these lights you have to be a fool with the "roll racing is gay" ego.
These aren't the 1960s-1990s anymore, your ass is most likely going to jail and getting your ride impounded these days if caught

Remember this???
I bet these fools had the same ego....
[video=youtube;kzlg3oQMze4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlg3oQMze4[/video]

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Only people that live way out in some BFE town with, like, 1000 people are trying to do stoplight racing. I got pulled over one time because the cop said I "took off too aggressively" and it "sounded" like I was speeding. :rolleyes: I was driving sensibly.

I went for a drive this weekend in my GT500. I have a new clutch that's grabby as hell. A good many of my takeoffs result in tire chirp. I was coming uphill from a light in a small country town and the tires squealed. All eyes on the sidewalks immediately pointed directly at me. And that was just trying to start from a light without stalling the damned car. Imagine if I was trying to "dig race" from a light. It just doesn't make sense anymore. Stoplight racing is for 300HP cars.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Dig racing is not so popular these days because manufacturers are trying to kill the manual or put it somewhere on the back burner. There are a lot of variables but I can definitely point that with the lastest and greatest technologies, manual transmission cars are not as popular in the muscle car/sport car scene because you have GTR, Porsches, and other cars with autos that can shift way quicker than someone pushing in a clutch. You also have the super cars who are pushing this tech into there cars which trickles down to us guys who drive a different classes of cars. The only way to keep up is build a high HP car with built auto to not get out ran. There aren't many cars out there with 700-900rwhp through a traditional 6 speed anymore. Overall this is one piece to puzzle.

Users who are viewing this thread