Drove a buddy's new Charger Hellcat - Here's a brief review

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice color but it's still a four door family car.
:dw: Nothing wrong with a 4-door family car. Families need more room. By the way, the Charger Hellcat is faster/quicker than the Challenger Hellcat. And it will pretty much destroy any 2-door on the road as well as any 4-door. Which is why it's been such a huge hit for Dodge.

Brian, I love the color and the black wheels. Good looking 4-door. Pretty neat that you got to drive your buddy's HC and go WOT a few times.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
:dw: Nothing wrong with a 4-door family car. Families need more room. By the way, the Charger Hellcat is faster/quicker than the Challenger Hellcat. And it will pretty much destroy any 2-door on the road as well as any 4-door. Which is why it's been such a huge hit for Dodge.

Brian, I love the color and the black wheels. Good looking 4-door. Pretty neat that you got to drive your buddy's HC and go WOT a few times.

Yea, he's a cool guy like that, let me beat on it with 33 miles on the ODO (he drove it off the lot like 3 hours before I drove it). I know it's supposed to be super fast, but it honestly didn't feel any faster than the GT 500. Perhaps drag radials would really wake it up too.

TP 112

Established Member
I do believe that's color is B5-Blue Pearl Coat. I really like this 4 door family car, I also like it in the white. In person they just look and set awesome.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yea, he's a cool guy like that, let me beat on it with 33 miles on the ODO (he drove it off the lot like 3 hours before I drove it). I know it's supposed to be super fast, but it honestly didn't feel any faster than the GT 500. Perhaps drag radials would really wake it up too.

I know exactly what you mean, but very often a car that has a more brutal punch (ie. your GT-500) will "feel" faster/quicker than another car with equal or more power. I remember back when I had my '03 Cobra (506rwhp and 494rwtq) I got to test drive an '06 C6 Z06. The Z06 didn't feel as fast, but in reality, it was faster/quicker. The rawness/punch in my Cobra just made it feel superior, straight line performance wise. The Vette's power band was smoother and the car overall was smoother.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
I know exactly what you mean, but very often a car that has a more brutal punch (ie. your GT-500) will "feel" faster/quicker than another car with equal or more power. I remember back when I had my '03 Cobra (506rwhp and 494rwtq) I got to test drive an '06 C6 Z06. The Z06 didn't feel as fast, but in reality, it was faster/quicker. The rawness/punch in my Cobra just made it feel superior, straight line performance wise. The Vette's power band was smoother and the car overall was smoother.

We'll find out when we get it to the track. On paper the GT500 should be faster with a good driver, but I'm not a good driver. Course, neither is he, lol.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL I don't keep up on these new cars. I didn't know the hellcat charger was out already. I personally never like the newer chargers, but that hellcat looks very sharp and nice color too!

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Nice color but it's still a four door family car.

You shouldn't be so quick to judge. Technology has come so far that the sedans can hang with the fancy sports cars now. Fun cars don't come in just one form now of two doors. I can load my heavy four door up with the family and luggage for a weekend getaway all the while dragging a bunch of Mustangs on the way out of town. lol. :thumbsup:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
B5 blue. No way the mustang interior is better. Remember we have hard plastic door panels.

Stock for Stock the Charger should walk a GT50. I really don't like the front end of the Charger. I'd get a Challenger.

kaz109

Established Member
those are pretty badass for a DD family car. I would love to drive one and surprise anyone who pulls up and thinks they have a chance :)

I would put my money on the RS7,E63s or Panamera Turbo S that pulled up along side of you

kaz109

Established Member
We'll find out when we get it to the track. On paper the GT500 should be faster with a good driver, but I'm not a good driver. Course, neither is he, lol.

On paper I don't believe a GT500 is faster than a Charger Hellcat

truefiveo

Established Member
You shouldn't be so quick to judge. Technology has come so far that the sedans can hang with the fancy sports cars now. Fun cars don't come in just one form now of two doors. I can load my heavy four door up with the family and luggage for a weekend getaway all the while dragging a bunch of Mustangs on the way out of town. lol. :thumbsup:

Actually no...nothing compares to a sleek lightweight sports car under 3200 pounds no matter how much HP you throw in it.

After you have driven Turbo 911s and Ferrari 458s.....nothing compares to the feeling of a damn near street legal go cart.

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
That's not even close to a "powder blue" shade. Looks like B5 Blue to me. If I needed 4 doors & wanted balls, that would be on my list of new cars for a DD.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
I would put my money on the RS7,E63s or Panamera Turbo S that pulled up along side of you

Every one of those cars is slower than a hellokitty in either form with an auto, traps slower than a 13+ gt500 and costs close to/more than double.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Epic drivetrain. Pedestrian Looks.

Basically its a newer GTO. Family sled that, besides the hideous color, would otherwise get lost in the sea of similar looking Kia's, ect.

Not a fan. At all. The Challenger would have been the better option. Old school musclecar look with epic drivetrain.

+65,000 on the "lightweight" car with HP comment. When I threw H/C/I on my Z06, it felt like a go kart that was tearing a hole through time. Just incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread