During this summer's car shows, I began to be ill...

Mapdog

Established Member
Over the fact that we got these brakes, when I saw that Camaro, Challenger, even Genesis Coupe got better:
MG3_8050.jpg Thanks Ford.

ryan319

Established Member
60-0 braking for the ZL1 is 108 feet, 111 ft for the genesis, 117 ft for the challenger (109 for the hellcat) and 101 feet for the GT500. What's your beef with the brakes?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Over the fact that we got these brakes, when I saw that Camaro, Challenger, even Genesis Coupe got better:

Thanks Ford.

I find our cars' braking ABILITY respectable.

I do, however, find the APPEARANCE of our brakes lacking. I'd like to have seen UPGRADED REAR CALIPERS and COLOR CHOICES for both the front and rear.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
I find our cars' braking ABILITY respectable.

I do, however, find the APPEARANCE of our brakes lacking. I'd like to have seen UPGRADED REAR CALIPERS and COLOR CHOICES for both the front and rear.

I've always thought the same. You have these nice brembos on the front and a plain caliper on the back

Ky GT500

Established Member
Powder coat the rears black to match the fronts. The Black Brembo's work for my car.

breoland

Established Member
You really don't need big breaks in the rear, take into consideration of weight and rotating mass.
I'd rather be lighter and faster then fat and slow

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I just had the calipers chrome plated, added Carbotech ceramics & called it a day. The car stops pretty well IMO.

Beercules

Established Member
My highway engineering book said the front should do 70% of the stopping or you'll skid for some reason. They don't look good, but they don't need to be bigger.

Mapdog

Established Member
I don't care about stopping, I'm not going to do that anyhow. I want it to look good. Powder coated OEM FOMOCO brakes don't look good either.

Kapy

Established Member
OP do me a favor. Drive a Genesis then get back in your GT500. Which one is more exciting? Who gives a big S**T about the better brakes on the Genesis.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The OP title said this came up during "Summer Car Shows". If so, I'd imagine all the guy cares about is how the car looks on display.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Often times I've found myself with a little rear brake caliper envy. Enough that I've looked at Baer or Wilwood rear brake upgrade kits.. but not enough to spend over $2k.

Users who are viewing this thread