Dyno Results

Silver04Snake

Established Member
I ran 465/430 with the mods in my sig. I've done a couple of dynos in stages after some bolt ons. The numbers still seem a little low. The tuner said I was starting to reach the limits of the MAF so I'm looking for the 2400 SCT. I'm wondering if it's some belt slip, as usual, because I kept the stock 75.1 on there. I had a 74.5 but it was too small with the 4 piece idler. I'm thinking of getting the 75.0 belt. It's got pretty good belt wrap though with that new style billetflow bracket. The A/F looked good and there was no blowout, gapped the TR6 to .032. Just not sure if this seems odd. I did pick up quite a bit of torque and it feels very strong.

Silver04Snake

Established Member
I'm just not sure what to do about it. It's the only dyno around. I'm going to install a bigger MAF soon but not sure what else could be causing it.

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
redsvtcobra said:

+2 :eek: With your mods I would think you should be around 480-490rwtq..Sounds like you do have alot of belt slip ..Am I reading your mods right you had the blower ported and gained 30rwhp and 1rwtq??Your torq has been off since the first dyno....

Last edited:

Silver04Snake

Established Member
I know, it's very frustrating. This is the only dyno shop in Richmond and not sure if anyone in the area knows of a better place in VA. I think there's a shop in VA Beach.

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
+1 you should be up in the higher 400's.. in both hp and tor. with just a 2.81 pulley and exhaust i got up to 450lb ft tor., I would take it to another shop - is this a dynojet or a Mustang dyno?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree that your numbers are low. With your combo you should be at or close to 500rwhp and about 490rwtq. Was this a Dynojet or Mustang Dyno. If it was a dynojet I'd strongly recommend that you visit a good tuner shop for a dyno tune. I don't know of any in your area to recommend, but Amazon Tuning Solutions is 400 miles from you. Might be worth a trip if these numbers are from a Dynojet. JMO.

Silver04Snake

Established Member
Yes, these numbers are off a dynojet. I'm going to do a little datalogging. I may send amazon some of my files to see if they see anything weird.

03chromecobra

Jason Daily
Established Member
I just went to the dyno and was wondering the same thing. I put down 475/444 on a dynojet. Mods are Stage III port, 2.76 BF w/4idlers, Bassani catback and O/R X mid, K&N cai, ngk tr6 plugs gapped at .032. Amazon tuned. The A/F was right at 13 (through the tip) all the way to redline, and the building temp was 80 degrees. Don't mean to jack the thread but, I thought this might be a good thread to post in rather than starting another. Any advice? Oh and there were no signs of belt slip until like 6400 rpm's

Last edited:

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Yeah both of you seem off I dont have a port and my upper is a 2.93 only and I am putting down 460 hp and tq. You said that your A/F was at 13 that seems kind of lean. Most try to shoot for around mid to High 11's or low 12. So you may be running lean which could be causing the problem. Somebody with more knowledge should chime in soon. Good luck :)

03chromecobra

Jason Daily
Established Member
No the clutch wasn't slipping. Yeah I figured it was kind of lean and the guy at the dyno said it was lean but "not pop your motor lean." I thought you could find power if you're running rich then lean it up a bit but, could it be that I'm running too lean?

Silver04Snake

Established Member
Don't apologize for jacking the thread. We'll beat this together.:) I didn't think I had belt slip either. Would you see a bunch of dust from it. The area seems pretty clean. I ordered a 75.0 gatorback belt, right now using the stock 75.1. Maybe it will get me a little tighter. What belt are you running 03ChromeCobra? I was running about 12.0-12.5 up top and that was measured at the tip as well. I'll post the graph tonight.

03chromecobra

Jason Daily
Established Member
03yellow said:
+1

tq= clutch
hp&tq= beltslip
So maybe just belt slip? Or you think the clutch might be going also? Just turned 20K on the clock and just had this setup less than 100 miles. Thanks.:pop:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
03chromecobra said:
I just went to the dyno and was wondering the same thing. I put down 475/444 on a dynojet. Mods are Stage III port, 2.76 BF w/4idlers, Bassani catback and O/R X mid, K&N cai, ngk tr6 plugs gapped at .032. Amazon tuned. The A/F was right at 13 (through the tip) all the way to redline, and the building temp was 80 degrees. Don't mean to jack the thread but, I thought this might be a good thread to post in rather than starting another. Any advice? Oh and there were no signs of belt slip until like 6400 rpm's

where did you dyno? are you certain that the AF monitoring equipment was giving accurate readings? did they tail pipe? Rick sends his program out on the rich side. If you are being told it was too lean then he needs to see data from the dyno runs..did they datalog for you? without data it is just a guessing game

please contact Rick asap Im not sure why the dyno operator would take your car to redline if the AF was 13

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
You would get some hp loss with the clutch going.
I think its the clutch because your tq is way down.

03chromecobra said:
So maybe just belt slip? Or you think the clutch might be going also? Just turned 20K on the clock and just had this setup less than 100 miles. Thanks.:pop:

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
Silver04Snake said:
I'm just not sure what to do about it. It's the only dyno around. I'm going to install a bigger MAF soon but not sure what else could be causing it.

Hey, a fellow VA boy! Which dyno are you going to? I can think of four reasonable local to you(one of which I'd stay away from). There's one in Richmond I know of, but I've never been there. Somewhere near the diamond. There's Pro Motion Tuning(www.promotiontuning.com) up here in Stafford. I don't know how they are with Mustangs though. There's Performance Autosport(www.performanceautosport.com) out near Powatan. I've been there. Nice place. They do a lot of Mustangs and have a nice INGROUND dyno. Hope this helps.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
03yellow said:
You would get some hp loss with the clutch going.
I think its the clutch because your tq is way down.

he would not have 13 AF if his clutch was slipping..it would go rich..like I said before...data is your friend..when a car is on the dyno here being tuned many parameters are being datalogged so Rick can see what is happening with the car..the flashers have datalogging capabilities..no matter who your tuner is..he will need data to do revisions to your program

Users who are viewing this thread