Dyno Results

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Just a question . .why does everyone think TQ is way low? Doesn't he have a 2.93pulley with a Stieggy port? I don't see any lower added. Without a steggy port, I put down 460/460 ... At that boost amount, how much is sthe Stieggy port going to give you? (at least in TQ I don't think alot more than 460 .. however it does seem low).

I would also agree your TQ seems low in all of your dynos .. what does you low end A/F look like?

How does the tune look?

Crowley

Last edited:

Silver04Snake

Established Member
I'll post the dyno graph when I get home later...at work right now. The A/F seemed pretty good, it got a little rich from about 3k to 4k but it doesn't look bad to me. I'll post it though. So the 4# is suppose to be the best addition to the 2.93 with stage IV? So what does the 4# lower by you?

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
tq sooner in the rpm band and stays longer..because you are giving the belt more surface to contact with by adding a larger lower pulley it helps reduce belt slip

SwampMoose

Established Member
Steen Racing down here in Va Beach has a dyno jet. Ed Clark did my tune there, with a stage 3 port, 2.76 pulley/4 piece idlers, Magnaflow CB, JLT CAI and sct 2400 I put down 462/472 with the stock h-pipe and a 11.8 A/F across the board. I'd get a new belt and try a different shop, 13 A/F is not good at all. Do ya know what your timing is set at???

Silver04Snake

Established Member
There are two of us that have the same problem. 03CobraChrome has the little bit leaner running car. Mine seems to be running a pretty good A/F ratio but I need to check my SCT tuner to see if anything was datalogged and download it to my computer. I have heard of that Steen Racing and I may make the trip down there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Crowley said:
Just a question . .why does everyone think TQ is way low? Doesn't he have a 2.93pulley with a Stieggy port? I don't see any lower added. Without a steggy port, I put down 460/460 ... At that boost amount, how much is sthe Stieggy port going to give you? (at least in TQ I don't think alot more than 460 .. however it does seem low).

I would also agree your TQ seems low in all of your dynos .. what does you low end A/F look like?

How does the tune look?

Crowley
Well, all setups are different, and then there are the variables like weather, fuel, etc. But torque wise, it is WAY low. As a comparison, I had a 2.90 (basically same as the 2.93) with unported blower (at the time) and my numbers were 457/480. With the Stage 2 port the numbers went to 495/487. Again with the 2.90. He's got issues to resolve. And there is no sense chasing this any further until he datalogs.

Silver04Snake

Established Member
Exactly, there was no data on my tuner from the dyno tune. So I'm going to do a couple of runs tonight to see what I get. A buddy in an S4 wants to run a little since he upgraded his turbos....should be fun.

03chromecobra

Jason Daily
Established Member
Linn@Amazon said:
where did you dyno? are you certain that the AF monitoring equipment was giving accurate readings? did they tail pipe? Rick sends his program out on the rich side. If you are being told it was too lean then he needs to see data from the dyno runs..did they datalog for you? without data it is just a guessing game

please contact Rick asap Im not sure why the dyno operator would take your car to redline if the AF was 13
I dynoed at a local shop in town. The A/F was read through the tailpipe. I didn't get it datalogged but, I will go back and run again and get it datalogged. When i get the data and send it to Rick if something is way off do I send the SCT back to you guys for a new tune or what happens? Could it also be my clutch like 03yellow is saying? I have not had any trouble with it? Thanks.

Silver04Snake

Established Member
I believe there isn't a problem. It was a safe tune and heat soak probably caused some of the problem. I'll be upgrading to the 2.76 eventually so I'll be able to show gains on a ported blower from 2.93 to 2.76. There was no clutch slippage and the tuner said it was rock solid. I believe there may have been a little belt slip because I noticed some "dust" on the billetflow idler pulley spokes. Raced my buddies heavily upgraded twin turbo audi s4. We went from 45-120, I pulled a car length instantly and then he stayed on my rear bumper the rest of the way. Pretty good race. Need to get a good video.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Have you been able to post your graph yet?

BTW CobraBob .. I would tend to agree that 430rwtq is a bit low considering with my 2.93 and non ported blower, I put down ~460/460 .. however .. there are other variables .. the ported blower for one, we don't know what the timing is or what the A/F Looks like down low .. you could pick up alot of TQ with some timing and proper A/F .. anyway .. My coments were more geard towards those saying his TQ sould be closer to 480+rwtq with those mods .. I don't see that happening at his boost level ..

Hope to see a graph and hope you can get it datalogged ... you'll figure it out..

Crowley

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hear ya. However, with his mods (and Stage 4 port) he really should be seeing at least 470+ ft. lbs. of torque. I suspect there is something wrong with the tune. I can tell you that if it was my ride I would definitely schedule a dyno tune. I'd want to be absolutely certain that my tune was safe and near perfect. JMO.

P.S. - Crowley, you're making some very nice power/torque. You've done a great job with the motor. :)

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
03chromecobra said:
I dynoed at a local shop in town. The A/F was read through the tailpipe. I didn't get it datalogged but, I will go back and run again and get it datalogged. When i get the data and send it to Rick if something is way off do I send the SCT back to you guys for a new tune or what happens? Could it also be my clutch like 03yellow is saying? I have not had any trouble with it? Thanks.

tail pipe sniffers can sometime read leaner...Im concerned that the AF monitoring equipment they used is not giving you accurate readings.Does this shop just dyno or do they tune there as well? was the dyno a Dyno Jet or eddy current dyno? Rick always sends his programs on the rich side just so there is room to revise if there are issues..if you are getting lean readings then we need to determine why..if your clutch was slipping then it should go rich so something is not adding up..

if it is giving true readings of 13 then please dont allow them to take it up to redline..the AF will be leaner at the lower rpm but it should richen up as the rpms get higher..something is going on that we will need the data to determine..

Rick can revise the program if needed and email it back to you or you can send the XCAL2 back to us and he will load the revised program for you and send it back.

Silver04Snake

Established Member
I'm assuming it isn't spark plug blowout because I gapped the TR6 to .030. Probably some belt slip, I'm going to try the goodyear belt and see how that works. I think it's a little bit smaller too. Thanks for all the help. I'm assuming everything else looks pretty good though and this was through the tailpipe measurement.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
It looks like you are running out of fuel after 5500 (or at least the tune shows your A/F rising)

A/F looks ok down low .. what type of timing do you have? Have you looked at your Clutch?

thanks,
Crowley

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Silver04Snake said:
I'm assuming it isn't spark plug blowout because I gapped the TR6 to .030. Probably some belt slip, I'm going to try the goodyear belt and see how that works. I think it's a little bit smaller too. Thanks for all the help. I'm assuming everything else looks pretty good though and this was through the tailpipe measurement.

the belt might be the problem then..I think switching the belt is a good start.Id get some datalogs to look at too just in case it isnt the belt..that will help your tuner narrow things down.

Silver04Snake

Established Member
I was told that I was at the limits of the MAF and he was having a hard time controlling it at the upper end. I'll have to see how it goes with the little bigger MAF and smaller belt. May have to spend some money soon for the BAP. Will these injectors work for a while, when do you need to make the switchover for that. BTW Crowley, I love those rims on the silver car...I'm thinking of getting those. It makes it looks so much cleaner. I have the chrome SVT and they are hard to keep clean.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Silver04Snake said:
I was told that I was at the limits of the MAF and he was having a hard time controlling it at the upper end. I'll have to see how it goes with the little bigger MAF and smaller belt. May have to spend some money soon for the BAP. Will these injectors work for a while, when do you need to make the switchover for that. BTW Crowley, I love those rims on the silver car...I'm thinking of getting those. It makes it looks so much cleaner. I have the chrome SVT and they are hard to keep clean.

Thanks .. I know I have been looking at these too .. even though I have been selling my car forever :

gm01b.jpg

http://www.ctrwheels.com/gunmetal.htm

Crowley

Users who are viewing this thread