E85 in oil

Wfc2009

Established Member
I seem to be getting e85 in my oil. It's thinner looking with a light greenish cream tint to it. Here's my set up, 2v fully ported heads, manley valves and high load springs, custon bullet cams, mahle flat top pistons (12.8:1 compression), total seal file fit stainless rings, manley h beams, forged crank, head studs, main studs, ford racing mls head gaskets, ngk br7fe plugs gapped at .0026, ported Eddy Intake, 80lb injectors, magnafuel 625, aeromotive regulator set at 39psi base pressure. At wot the wideband reads 12.5ish. is this normal or am I actuall

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully 04sleeper (i think thats his username) will chime in, I believe thats a byproduct of over fueling though. I assume the wideband is calibrated for E85?

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Hopefully 04sleeper (i think thats his username) will chime in, I believe thats a byproduct of over fueling though. I assume the wideband is calibrated for E85?

wideband probably just reads lambda so he is fine there.

It only gets in your oil if you have an issue so definitely good job looking into it.

Swervedriver

Established Member
All forced induction engines will have more fuel dillution of the oil than typical compression ratio naturally aspirated engines.

As long as the AF ratio is where it needs to be, there's not really anything you can do to reduce it.

I've noticed a lot of condensation with E85. It seems to burn off pretty good though by getting the engine up to operating temp.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
I would do a compression check to make sure it's not getting past the rings.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Have you sent your oil out to be tested that's the only real way to tell. Green sounds like coolant not E85

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
There is nothing special about the piston rings with E85. If you are getting E85 in your oil, you would be getting gasoline in it as well.

Lambda is no different.

I did have the "smell" of E85 when I switch back in 09, but it wasn't getting into the oil. I sent my sample to Blackstone and everything was fine.

Sounds like you may have other issues OP.

Good luck.

Wfc2009

Established Member
Well I checked compression again all cylinders were around 220 psi which sounds good to me maybe I'm just being paranoid I looked at the oil today and it looked fine maybe I'm just paranoid

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
simple fix. dont short trip the car.

I had this problem before because I was turning the car on, driving for 2 minutes, then turning it off when i got to the grocery store. You need to heat up the oil to get the condensation out of it.

But if your oil is green, then that's coolant. Your oil should smell like e85.

Wfc2009

Established Member
Well the problem seems to be the condensation as it hadn't been driven much only started for short periods of time after driving the car and taking it on longer trips everything seems fine now. When I change the oil I'll be sending it off to be checked. And the timing is set @ 21*

Swervedriver

Established Member
I don't know where this "green is coolant" info is coming from. If coolant were in the oil it would mix and look like milk!

Users who are viewing this thread