Eaton 6 speed Cobra 10.10 @ 139mph

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Grudge car when did I ever say that ? Kevin might have. I have given you guys all the info on the car you asked. I never wanted to be part this discussion but was brought into it. I can assure you this car is not all chopped up like most of the cars in this discussion. I can only imagine what all has to be cut away from one to make it weigh 3000 with a 200lbs driver. Not much of a cobra left may as well throw a cobra vin plate on a model kit from walmart.

Hmm my car ran a 9.99 without crap being cut out of it at a race weight of 3,750lbs+ and is a convertible with a ported Eaton.:thumbsup: It's that heavy with the front passenger seat removed and the rear seat bottom. Can't anyone say anything to me about being light.:cuss:

Jake's(BADASS03SVT) car is hardly cut on either so do a little research before you go after some of us that run good.:beer:

By the way you haven't told us anything about the actual thing in the car that makes it GO.:lol1: It's okay though.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Hmm my car ran a 9.99 without crap being cut out of it at a race weight of 3,750lbs+ and is a convertible with a ported Eaton.:thumbsup: It's that heavy with the front passenger seat removed and the rear seat bottom. Can't anyone say anything to me about being light.:cuss:

Jake's(BADASS03SVT) car is hardly cut on either so do a little research before you go after some of us that run good.:beer:

By the way you haven't told us anything about the actual thing in the car that makes it GO.:lol1: It's okay though.

You mean the nitrous? lol

SilverSlayerTT

Established Member

I am Sorry I had been told jakes was gutted and cut up. I can easily see a 3750lb cobra with an auto and nitrous running a 9.90. I never douted that.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Jake's car isn't cut up at all. Simple weight reduction pretty much the same as any other Mustang could do. Stock appearing interior but naturally without the passenger seat and rear seat. Still has all the plastic, stock dash, door panels, and carpet.

Stock motor with 600 passes on it easily and also with 33,000 miles on it too lol.

Edit: No reason to say sorry at all. We all just want to know what's done to get the car to run that time.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I am Sorry I had been told jakes was gutted and cut up. I can easily see a 3750lb cobra with an auto and nitrous running a 9.90. I never douted that.
Interesting. It's never been done. Four folks have run 9's with the Eaton. Three of the four were coupes with significant weight reduction. Two of these three were automatics, the other was a four speed manual. Only Posi has ever run a 9 (9.99, not 9.90;-)) at near full weight, and he also is the only person to hit this time with a convertible.

SilverSlayerTT

Established Member
Jake's car isn't cut up at all. Simple weight reduction pretty much the same as any other Mustang could do. Stock appearing interior but naturally without the passenger seat and rear seat. Still has all the plastic, stock dash, door panels, and carpet.

Stock motor with 600 passes on it easily and also with 33,000 miles on it too lol.

Edit: No reason to say sorry at all. We all just want to know what's done to get the car to run that time.

I am not here to make any enemys. I really honestly never wanted the car posted on here but I really have no say so in it now since it belongs to kevin. I still would rather him just keep it between us for now.

SilverSlayerTT

Established Member
Interesting. It's never been done. Four folks have run 9's with the Eaton. Three of the four were coupes with significant weight reduction. Two of these three were automatics, the other was a four speed manual. Only Posi has ever run a 9 (9.99, not 9.90;-)) at near full weight, and he also is the only person to hit this time with a convertible.

Its shouldnt be hard at all once you figured out how to make the right amout of nitrous distribute as I have seen lots of trouble with distribution spraying over a 125-150 wet through the blower. Also spraying it like that doesnt help much as far as cooling the Iat.

I am sure if kevin let me drive the red car once the weather cools off I could throw down some 9.9s or so with the 6sp.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Here's what I kinda want to contribute to this thread since I've been reading it.. He says aftermarket pistons.. That mean the compression could be damn near whatever he wants within reason.. Hell it could be 12:1 with the eaton and we all know how compression and boost work with race gas.. So something to think about right there.. I know nothing about this car but just saying it's been proven that high comression + boost + race gas = deadly.. throw on some weight reductions etc.. yea you get the point.

Brutal Metal

Established Member

NICE TERP! :rockon:
And Jakes car is far from GUTTED and it's not like he's run a 9 ONCE, the fricken car could win bracket classes with ease, every run is within a few hundredths!:bowdown: We'll be awaiting your 9 second pass with the 6 speed and NO LAUGHING GAS! Take pics of the car at the track trunk,interior Everywhere to show no bottle is in there!

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
And Jakes car is far from GUTTED and it's not like he's run a 9 ONCE, the fricken car could win bracket classes with ease, every run is within a few hundredths!:bowdown: We'll be awaiting your 9 second pass with the 6 speed and NO LAUGHING GAS! Take pics of the car at the track trunk,interior Everywhere to show no bottle is in there!

Amen to that. Every time I see "Fast Jakes" car, I scratch my head and say to myself, DAMN this car moves the F out!!!!!
So far I just wasted 20 minutes reading all of this expecting a great ending of this classified tech sheet on the car.
Jake, text me when you find out the "secret" hahaha

SilverSlayerTT

Established Member

I never said the car didnt have nitrous on it. I gave a list of mods but didnt give out what pistons were in it. Everyone else Jumped to conclusions. The new owner didnt want it known that it had a kit on it because its hidden and the car still is involved in alot of street races and has never been sprayed to its full potential yet with only 100 jets in it for that pass.

Sorry kevin but really is kinda silly not to tell everyone about the car it still is one of the fastest eaton cars out there And for them to igknowledge that fact why not let them know. Its no big deal You now own one of the fastest 6sp eaton cars. Maybe the fastest with a 6sp idk.

mustang john

Established Member
I never said the car didnt have nitrous on it. I gave a list of mods but didnt give out what pistons were in it. Everyone else Jumped to conclusions. The new owner didnt want it known that it had a kit on it because its hidden and the car still is involved in alot of street races and has never been sprayed to its full potential yet with only 100 jets in it for that pass.

Sorry kevin but really is kinda silly not to tell everyone about the car it still is one of the fastest eaton cars out there And for them to igknowledge that fact why not let them know. Its no big deal You now own one of the fastest 6sp eaton cars. Maybe the fastest with a 6sp idk.

Holy shit it only took 11 pages for the truth to come out..... WE ALREADY KNEW IT WAS SPRAYED!

This could have been alot nicer of a thread, im sorry it came out like this. It is a fast Eaton car no doubt.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I'm assuming it's being sprayed "post" blower?

Your comment on the IATs leads me to this. I've always wondering how that would work.....

This is what these forums are for. To show people old and new innovative ways to do stuff to their car. You could read all of my threads and literally build the same car. I've always put ALL of my info online with either write ups and / or pics of the install.

Sorry the thread started off bad for you guys. ET + weight = a certain hp and to hold back KEY info just riled everyone up even though most of us knew the answer.

Looking forward to seeing it at BG

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Amen to that. Every time I see "Fast Jakes" car, I scratch my head and say to myself, DAMN this car moves the F out!!!!!
So far I just wasted 20 minutes reading all of this expecting a great ending of this classified tech sheet on the car.
Jake, text me when you find out the "secret" hahaha

Bwahahahahaha.....will do "Slow Jake" Hahahaha

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

LOL thanks a Lot man! :beer:

SilverSlayerTT

Established Member
I'm assuming it's being sprayed "post" blower?

Your comment on the IATs leads me to this. I've always wondering how that would work.....

This is what these forums are for. To show people old and new innovative ways to do stuff to their car. You could read all of my threads and literally build the same car. I've always put ALL of my info online with either write ups and / or pics of the install.

Sorry the thread started off bad for you guys. ET + weight = a certain hp and to hold back KEY info just riled everyone up even though most of us knew the answer.

Looking forward to seeing it at BG

What is the fastest 6sp eaton times ? and where can I see a list?

Users who are viewing this thread