eBay SCAM ALERT!!!!

514SCJ

93 Cobra #4440
Established Member
There's a guy going by the name"stangluver" selling NOS black 93 Cobra floor mats on eBay. I ordered a set, But when I opened the box I noticed a red tint on the black carpet?? I rubbed the mat with My finger and the black came off and it was red??? WTF. This guy is buying the red 93 Cobra floormats that sell on eBay for 59.95 because they don't fit anything. And then painting them black!! I'am going to own this clown one way or another! The worst part is when the mats came I left the guy positive feedback before opening the box!! Now he's using My positive feedback in his ad. :bash:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
You can do a follow up to your feedback... it won't change the positive but you can let people know the scam.

I would also contact ebay about it. I doubt it will do any good but its worth a try.

Did he leave you a positive?

Where did the mats ship from? There is a guy on one of my local forums that goes by that user name.

Last edited:

514SCJ

93 Cobra #4440
Established Member
The mats came from Holbrook, NY. It's a pretty good scam: buy the mats for 59.95 add a little black spray paint and then sell them for 200.00+. If he aleast did a dye job he might have pulled it off. Ebay's policy is to contact the seller first, Which I've done and then go from there.

Last edited:

fordmanforever

Venomous
Established Member
What a damn shame!! Sorry to hear about that. I hope you can find some resolution. As it is we work our a**es off just to try and have it a little nice so some jacka** can do some b.s. like that. Good luck!

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Look through all of his feedback to see if you can find where he bought the red mats. Also do a "completed listing" search to see if he was high bidder on some ruby red mats.

I went and looked at his current auction. If you look closely at the mats, you can see the red showing through the area where the "COBRA" stitching is. Also the mat is very blochy (sp?) where it was not painted evenly.

SVT1993

Established Member
514SCJ said:
The mats came from Holbrook, NY. It's a pretty good scam: buy the mats for 59.95 add a little black spray paint and then sell them for 200.00+. If he aleast did a dye job he might have pulled it off. Ebay's policy is to contact the seller first, Which I've done and then go from there.

Note that he states in his ad

"THESE MATS ARE GENUINE FORD 1993 COBRA MATS. THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN USED, THEY ARE IN THEIR ORIGINAL BOX. I TOOK THEM OUT TO TAKE PICTURES, THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

He states I took them out of their original box, THAT'S IT.

E-bay should be able to help you on this false fact alone.

Your right, the dude needs to be hammered. :xpl:

SVT1993

Established Member
514SCJ said:
Man, Great detective work SVT1993! But who is qface22 and where does he come in to play?

qface22 was the guy who got the bid up high on the auction where you won the mats. He is hiding his feedback (and thus other auctions he is bidding on) by making it private. E-bay has a few tricks up their sleeve to find relationships with scammers. I'm 99% sure they will find these two connected and you will see that they are no longer e-bayer users (at least under qface22 and stangluver) real soon.

SVT1993

Established Member
One more thing -

Buy some mats from Lee - Lee93Cobra on this site. He has some REPO mats that you will be VERY happy with. :beer:

514SCJ

93 Cobra #4440
Established Member
The only reason I bought the mats was, I collect 93 Cobra NOS parts and stash them for down the road. I would like to say thanks again SVT1993, For Your quick reply's.

scootro

Established Member
1. did you have a tracking number for your crappy floormats?

2. you have 45 days to be able to use a paypal claim.. I HIGHLY Recommend doing this because they have helped me get my money back

3. looks like the seller is verified thru paypal so that means you'll be able to get your money back within 20 days after the dispute filed from paypal itself

4. ebay will not help you get your money back in a timely manner or if at all

PM me if you need any help. I’ve been pretty successful selling and buying thru eBay and using paypal.

please tell you paid thru paypal. if not then your screwed!!! honest sellers love paypal. dishonest ones do not!!!! thats why i do not buy stuff from any sellers unless i'm able to pay them thru paypal.

scootro

Established Member
514SCJ said:
I did use Paypal when I bought the crappy mats. And will file a claim Monday. Thanks for the info!! :beer:
any time goodluck to you! just be very respectful with your messages and there will be no problems getting money back..

Users who are viewing this thread