Ecoboost burnt to the ground

Stang Lover

Established Member
A little up on this thread.

His insurance company said they wouldn't cover it because since it was over 30 days they couldn't back date it. The good thing the Ford dealership is doing for him is refunding his payments he made already and his down payment. He's waiting to hear back more from the Ford dealership to see if they can do anything more for him and if not he's taking his insurance company to court. I think it's BS on the insurance company part but I don't know how they evaluate stuff like that.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

His insurance company said they wouldn't cover it because since it was over 30 days they couldn't back date it. The good thing the Ford dealership is doing for him is refunding his payments he made already and his down payment. He's waiting to hear back more from the Ford dealership to see if they can do anything more for him and if not he's taking his insurance company to court. I think it's BS on the insurance company part but I don't know how they evaluate stuff like that.

That is nuts.

Did he modify the truck any? like add any lighting or automatic folding steps or anything else electrical?

MG0h3

Established Member

Do you mean over the 30 day grace period that you have to update the policy?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Are you saying he bought the truck and had it for over 30 days and hadn't added it to his insurance yet?? Then it burns to the ground? What are the odds...

Stang Lover

Established Member
I guess 30 days after purchase date but you can't leave the dealership anyway without proof of insurance. I can get more details on the 30 day issue.

That is nuts.

Did he modify the truck any? like add any lighting or automatic folding steps or anything else electrical?

No modifications were done.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

good luck with that, every policy Ive ever seen says it pretty clearly about the 30 day requirement. If it really was over 30 days I dont see how he has any recourse against anyone but Ford.

Like I said before, insurance its the biggest scam in the world.

so theyre supposed to cover and pay out for something they didnt know their client owned and wasn't paying to have covered? I know all of my policies say you have to add a new/additional vehicle within 30 days or purchase or it won't be covered after that. Pretty simple.

I agree insurance will bend you over and violate you most of the time anyway but how do you not add your expensive new truck within 30 days of purchase?

Blackoyote

Established Member
You obviously have never purchased a new car.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've purchased plenty of vehicles from lots...they can not let you drive the vehicle away until it is insured. Atleast that's how it is here in NC.
Anyways, why WOULDN'T you? Not sure how long it takes to add a vehicle with other companies these days, but with Geico I'm never on the phone for more than 5 minutes.

jcosta79

Established Member
I've purchased plenty of vehicles from lots...they can not let you drive the vehicle away until it is insured. Atleast that's how it is here in NC.
Anyways, why WOULDN'T you? Not sure how long it takes to add a vehicle with other companies these days, but with Geico I'm never on the phone for more than 5 minutes.
Insurance companies will typically give you up to 30 days to add a new car to your insurance policy. Why? Because most people buy cars when the insurance companies are closed. (Weekends and after 5 pm) That way you can drive off the lot and add the car to your policy later when they are open. As long as you have a preexisting insurance policy, the dealership will let you take the car home.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread