Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What a joke.

1000006141.jpg

Blown 89

Established Member
There should be a law that a) requires anyone proposing changes to society to have been directly elected and b) any that pulls these fairy dust regulations out of unicorn farts should a working prototype in hand before passing them off. Tom Segura sums this b.s. up perfectly:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Sooo, just make everything +8,000gvw so it counts as heavy duty?

Refitting and Resto Modding older trucks is going to become a big thing I bet.

When a new truck is $100k you can grab an old one for $15k dump $20k in upgrades and for $35-40k have a "better" truck.

Older trucks are already climbing price. I'm curious how much of it is "high tides raise all ships" and how much of it is buyers are just starting to appreciate the older qualities and are willing to pay to get out of some of the modern BS.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
From a fox news article:

"Better vehicle fuel efficiency means more money in Americans’ pockets and stronger energy security for the entire nation," Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said in a statement.

There is just too much to unpack from that single statement.

Except look at the sticker price of a new vehicle.

Just basic math.

$5 gallon, 15,000 miles a year.

$20k Civic got 40mpg = 375 gallons a year = $1,875

Future $60k Civic gets 58mpg = 259 gallons = $1,293

= $581 a year savings

So.... $40k price increase will pay for its self in in.... 68 years.

This is about ****ing over the American people and pricing them out of private vehicle ownership. This has been the plan for almost 20 years.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I’ll just keep swapping junk yard engines in my vehicles. I rarely drive in salt. **** these erroneous, incompetent idiots.

This is literally impossible to meet…

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
About that.....View attachment 1803129

LOL soo much for ICE car's not mattering anymore lololol Car MFG's are folding on the EV bull crap, even Tesla keeps slashing their prices, i love it!

That's why they simply want the .Gov to ban ICE.

Then, it doesn't matter, you have no consumer choice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sooo, just make everything +8,000gvw so it counts as heavy duty?

Refitting and Resto Modding older trucks is going to become a big thing I bet.

When a new truck is $100k you can grab an old one for $15k dump $20k in upgrades and for $35-40k have a "better" truck.

Older trucks are already climbing price. I'm curious how much of it is "high tides raise all ships" and how much of it is buyers are just starting to appreciate the older qualities and are willing to pay to get out of some of the modern BS.
You just know that if the Dems are still in control there will be legislations passed that aim at making it harder and most expensive to own a gas powered vehicle 10 years from now. It's happening now, right under our noses and literally nothing is being done to stop or oppose it. All part of the plan. All part of the plan.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
You just know that if the Dems are still in control there will be legislations passed that aim at making it harder and most expensive to own a gas powered vehicle 10 years from now. It's happening now, right under our noses and literally nothing is being done to stop or oppose it. All part of the plan. All part of the plan.

Oh I'm aware. I have to smog my damn 2500 every year on rollers - and I live in God Damn Arizona.

I've looked into setting up a still with solar panels and making ethanol. I bet eventually they just ban registration.

Users who are viewing this thread