EVENT: EFA vs MACA Shootout, Aug 5th!!!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
JonJ said:
Looks like that whole SRA thing might finally be cleared up.

Yeah, now we just need to figure out what they consider bolt ons...

I guess I'll just run what I brung and hope I bring enough. If only those damn hairdryers would show up........

TRBO VNM

Hissssnsvt said:
Yeah, now we just need to figure out what they consider bolt ons...

I guess I'll just run what I brung and hope I bring enough. If only those damn hairdryers would show up........

you talkin' bout me??? :D

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
you talkin' bout me??? :D

Well you should run PA class if you come out. You've only got 1 power adder unlike my outlaw class car. :rollseyes

I should be glad I atleast get to run headsup and I should have a better chance in the TS class than the PA class anyways. Maybe I'll just use the spray to cool down the engine between runs.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
JonJ said:
I should be glad I atleast get to run headsup and I should have a better chance in the TS class than the PA class anyways. Maybe I'll just use the spray to cool down the engine between runs.

Ice is much cheaper for cooling between runs.... :poke:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
Ice is much cheaper for cooling between runs.... :poke:

Oh so true, you the man Ken!! I will make up some new hook up wires here at work for the relay jumper. Next time I see you I will have one for you.

Later

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
04yellowcobra said:
Oh so true, you the man Ken!! I will make up some new hook up wires here at work for the relay jumper. Next time I see you I will have one for you.

Later

Sweet, I have another trick to show you next time we're at the track. It works great in this summer heat. ;-)

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
There is a new poll up and the options are index or regular. I voted regular and posted my reasons over there.

If I knew I could run a consistent 11.50 or close to it I might have voted index but I have no idea what times I'll be running a month from now.

chevyman22

Established Member
JonJ said:
There is a new poll up and the options are index or regular. I voted regular and posted my reasons over there.

If I knew I could run a consistent 11.50 or close to it I might have voted index but I have no idea what times I'll be running a month from now.
I voted regular classes then went back and changed it to index. I think due to time restrictions that is the only way to go....

Oh, whats up fellows!!!! :-D

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
chevyman22 said:
I voted regular classes then went back and changed it to index. I think due to time restrictions that is the only way to go....

Oh, whats up fellows!!!! :-D

i agree, like i said when i voted if running regular would turn into another long thread trying to decide rules then index would be the way to go.

now i've got to get to the track and see what times i can run.

:beer:

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Out of curiosity with my mods and Drag Radials what class will I be upper lower combo, exhaust, ported blower stock gears

Last edited:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Ken,

haven't registered over there yet. Anyway so tell me more about this index class? 10.00-10.99? and so on? What happens if you break out in the qualifiers? Do they automatically bump you to the faster class? I don't know if I do come should I run the ET streets or street tires (2 different classes)

Later

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
04yellowcobra said:
Ken,

haven't registered over there yet. Anyway so tell me more about this index class? 10.00-10.99? and so on? What happens if you break out in the qualifiers? Do they automatically bump you to the faster class? I don't know if I do come should I run the ET streets or street tires (2 different classes)

Later

Doesn't matter on the tires, mods, etc..- its what times you run. If we breakout in our class it is an automatic loss.

Last edited:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
04yellowcobra said:
Ken,

Later

My bad Jason, here is what we came up with.....

August 5th....9-2.

Here it is folks. The classes for the MACA/EFA shootout are as follows....

13.50 class
12.50 class
11.50 class
10.50 class
Brackets
Outlaw/Unlimited class

As you can see these are mostly index classes so there are no specific rules other then the usual safety equipment required by the track officials. They are open to all members of these groups. Third Gens, Vettes, GTO's, 03/04 Cobras, Mustangs, trucks, daily drivers, etc.......

As you can see they ruled against the 9.50-10.49 index which sucks for me but oh well. Basically what you run in qualifing will determine what index you run in. You should be fine in the 11.50 index with the August heat. Remember, your car did run .30's at Cecil but it was in the mid 50's with some weight reduction.

Users who are viewing this thread