Ever hear of a KR 500 terminator ?

Titan625

Established Member
was looking around and came across a KR 500 terminator i was hoping someone could explain to me what the difference if any this cobra has over others.

Titan625

Established Member
why are there a few cars from a dealership that have beel labeled kr 500 with decals and a lazer etched throttle body

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
why are there a few cars from a dealership that have beel labeled kr 500 with decals and a lazer etched throttle body

They're almost as rare as the Mustang Uni-7000
Zb4nx_7JQbu3bBv1JsLmRw

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
When I was buying my 10th anniversary Cobra I wanted oddity. I had talked to Bob Tasca from Tasca Ford they were offering to do KR500 kit. Had different levels as I recall.
Remember at that time the Terminator was the hottest thing to start the Hp war. Tasca ford had the name from late 60s for hopping up changing engines out in Mustang. I gotta say that guy was quite the salesman on the phone when I talked with him a couple of times.
Not saying the car you found was a Tasca car. It seemed allot people just did stickers. Otherwise I'm sure the Tasca would have been said also. And if I remember right they didn't use terminator name. That was phone calls trying to remember from 14yrs ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw one of the Tasca Ford KR-500 Cobras at a car show at Tasca Ford in Warwick, RI, back in 2005. They had a KR-500 and a KR-700. As a matter of fact, here is a thread discussing the car.
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/kr500-kr700-cobras.217401/

Here's one that was for sale in May in Rhode Island (says 1 of 3 made) for $31K with 13K miles on it.
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=374456411

Yeah this was a dealer turnkey package done by Tasca. Mods were at best equal to what most Terminator owners have done to their cars to pop the 500+rwhp level, with addition of KR-500 decals. Back then, a 500+rwhp Terminator was big news. Early on, Amazon Racing did the tune for the KR-500. Seems so long ago. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread