Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 First Into The 11's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckstang

Established Member
hahaha
anybody that would take a new z06 over the ford gt is a complete moron as the ford gt out handles the z06 and has far more potential

Captain Beyond

Established Member
chuckstang said:
hahaha
anybody that would take a new z06 over the ford gt is a complete moron as the ford gt out handles the z06 and has far more potential

And not to mention that it looks a helluva lot sexier and is faster too - 0-60, 1/4 mile, top speed etc. :D

Last edited:

DocHolliday01

Established Member
chuckstang said:
hahaha

pure opinion, clearly biassed at that. maybe that fact that the Z06 costs half what the FGT?? i for one would take a Z over the GT. does that make me a moron?? only a dickhead would make a dumbass comment like that just because his fealings got hurt a little.

TEABG

Banned
chuckstang said:
hahaha

Accufab upgrade kit will increase the HP to 710 HP 710 TQ. Whipple even mkae an upgrade blower for the GT! :bowdown:

Formula51

Established Member
0-60mph typically goes to the the FordGT, but the 1/4 mile can go either way and does so in most of the tests. As for which car handles better, track times are very close and again the winner flip-flops back and forth depending on the test, track, driver, etc. It is note worthy that the Z06 has runflats while the GT does not. Top speed goes to the GT although the top speed of the Z06 has not been tested that I am aware of (sometimes the results are surprising). Bottom line, the cars are about as close as two different cars can be, especially when you look at the differences in engine placement, drivetrain, weight, tires, etc. It is quite remarkable that they are this close.

Now, to get back on topic. Does anyone know the suspension mods on the Evolution car?

TEABG

Banned
Formula51 said:
0-60mph typically goes to the the FordGT, but the 1/4 mile can go either way and does so in most of the tests. As for which car handles better, track times are very close and again the winner flip-flops back and forth depending on the test, track, driver, etc. It is note worthy that the Z06 has runflats while the GT does not. Top speed goes to the GT although the top speed of the Z06 has not been tested that I am aware of (sometimes the results are surprising). Bottom line, the cars are about as close as two different cars can be, especially when you look at the differences in engine placement, drivetrain, weight, tires, etc. It is quite remarkable that they are this close.

Now, to get back on topic. Does anyone know the suspension mods on the Evolution car?

Saw an interview with a Ford test driver who stated he has been in excess of 230 MPH in the FORD GT.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
02MineralGrayGt said:
pure opinion, clearly biassed at that. maybe that fact that the Z06 costs half what the FGT?? i for one would take a Z over the GT. does that make me a moron?? only a dickhead would make a dumbass comment like that just because his fealings got hurt a little.

I was not talking about price.
If one could be given to you for free. You would be a moron to take the z06 if performance and looks is what you care about. :loser:

gonein60

Banned
I was hoping for a 11sec stock car, I guess that's not gonna happen. And they want 40k for a car that needs a bunch of mods to crack 11's, what a joke. The hype will go down in a year once people realize it takes a bunch of warranty voiding mods to get into the 11's. I'll wait and pick mine up for 35k, which is about all it's worth.

Don't even compare this tank to a Z06, because a Z06 will put buslengths on this car even with mods.

Last edited:

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
I shouldn't even say it but what the hell. Why would you pay 150K for a ford GT when you can have the car below for 130K?

Before anyone says "The GT is better then a Ferrari" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1160554_1.jpg

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
331SC said:
I shouldn't even say it but what the hell. Why would you pay 150K for a ford GT when you can have the car below for 130K?

Before anyone says "The GT is better then a Ferrari" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In all honesty I would take the Ford GT.:shrug:

gonein60

Banned
quadcammer said:
gears (4:10's???)
skinnies/dr's on lightweight wheels
suspension
tune
exhaust
intake
light weight brakes

Thats about 2500 in mods. I consider that a lot for a 500bhp vehicle (even at 3800lb) to get into high 11s.

2. I am not stirring up crap, im posting my opinion. I didn't say "man what a pos, it took 6 milllion in mods to get that shitbox into the 11s" considering a 300bhp GT ran about 12.4 with the same mods, im not terribly impressed.

3. already did, thanks though.
You're right, it is a lot of mods for a 40k car. So you pay 50k for a car, and then put 2500 bucks into it just to match an 03 Cobra:lol1: Like I said, the car is worth 35k max, and the 03 was worth 30k max. I saw brand new 04 Cobras going for 28k, so don't worry, this car will drop I guarantee it.

gonein60

Banned
quadcammer said:
Now that I think about it, its probably a lot more than that.

gears installed, 400
Bogarts (?) with tires, 1000
suspension, maybe 500
tune, 500
intake and exhaust, 500
lightweight brakes, 500

Ok, so $3500 in mods. even better.(especially on top of a $44,000 car)

You may be into spending $2500 a weekend on racing, but I have other priorities.

I have my own list, and you're certainly on it as well :thumbsup:
Quadcammer your awesome and I agree with every word. Keep up the good work:pepper:

Formula51

Established Member
2-slow said:
In all honesty I would take the Ford GT.:shrug:

I might think about it for a few, but think I would end up with the FordGT as well.

Then again, I could buy a Z06, a boat, two jet skis with trailer, a nice commuter car and a steak dinner to reward myself!

Last edited:

Schwablam!

Established Member
zigroid said:
...do you have a GT500? if not, why are you in this forum? I never said I wasn't a fan of ford. I happen to like classic fords. my dad has a beautiful 1969 lincoln mkIII. I love 71-73 mustangs. I like pretty much every cobra from 96-03.

It's cool, dude. But I wasn't talking to you. ;-)

Terminator

Established Member
:idea:

Mods,
I feel we need a smack down specifically for the GT500. That will give some of those that feel the need to vent a place to do so. Maybe, just maybe the Shelby forum will remain civil.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Formula51 said:

The Ford GT usually beats the Z06 in every speed test as per most of the mags.:read: Though, I will agree with you that they are probably closer in road track times. Top speed for the GT is a certified 205 mph. I've read where it has been tested at 212-213 mph. I think the top speed for the Z is 198 mph.
FYI, check out the latest issue of R&T. They have a US vs. Euro supercar showdown. I didn't get a chance to read it all. I just skipped to the 1/4 mile times and top speeds.:-D The FGT ran an 11.7 @ 126 to the Z06's 12.2 @ 118 in a head to head comparo between the FGT,Z06,Viper vs. Gallardo,F430,911(?). I believe the GT was the only car to exceed 200 mph.
They are both great cars. :beer:
I just think the GT looks a helluva lot sexier. :bowdown:

Last edited:

RepoMann

Established Member
Wow, this thread has really turned into sumpthin! Anyway, I really love the new Shelby, but just to add the the piss pot, did anybody read the article in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords a few months back about the blower shootout between Kenne Bell and Procharger? The article did a head to head beat down with 2 '05 Mustang GT's. They both had similiar mods........Full exaust from headers back, 4.10 gears, slicks, etc. One had a Kenne Blower, and the other had a Procharger P1sc I believe. Anyway to make a long story short, both cars had a couple of technical difficulties, but by the end of the article (with full power and potential not reached by either car might I add...) the Kenne Bell car ran a 11.23 and the Procharger car ran an 11.25. Now don't get me wrong, I am not slingin mud at the shelby, cause if I had the money right now there would be one in my garage. But I would be awful pissed if I got my ass handed to me in my 43k dollar shelby by some douche in a 25k dollar GT with a 6K dollar Kenne bell on it. That almost has me asking myself......"which is the better deal?". I could buy a GT at any dealer in the USA for less than MSRP and throw a few bucks at it, making it look exactly how I want, and add a Kenne Bell and smoke some dude that just paid 10 to 20k over sticker for his GT500. I am going to have bad dreams tonight over that one.:coolman:

BigJim

Mostly Read
Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
The Ford GT usually beats the Z06 in every speed test as per most of the mags. Though, they are probably closer in road track times. Top speed for the GT is a certified 205 mph. I've read where it has been tested at 212-213 mph. I think the top speed for the Z is 198 mph.
FYI, check out the latest issue of R&T. They have a US vs. Euro supercar showdown. I didn't get a chance to read it all. I just skipped to the 1/4 mile times and top speeds. The FGT ran an 11.7 @ 126 to the Z06's 12.2 @ 118 in a head to head comparo between the FGT,Z06,Viper vs. Gallardo,F430,911(?). I believe the GT was the only car to exceed 200 mph.
They are both great cars. :beer:
I just think the GT looks a helluva lot sexier. :bowdown:

Not saying those arn't typical Z06 times but a dude named Ranger on the Corvette forums has gotten his Stock Z06 to the 11.3 range at 127. Also I read where a guy did intake, electric water pump, ported the stock heads and put a big ass cam in along with different pistons rasing the compression to 13:1:rockon: and he put down 640hp to the wheels.:pepper: By the way I would take a Ford GT over a Z06 anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread