F1x Procharged Mach 1

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
geeeez that looks intimidating..... how loud is it? is it bearable?

I8URLS1

Established Member
geeeez that looks intimidating..... how loud is it? is it bearable?

The F1x is actually quieter than the F1a and D1sc I've had. I think part of it is that it's on a cog drive which doesn't require a lot of belt tension. I think part of the reason the blowers are so loud on the serpentine drive setups is how much tension is put on them.

Also I didn't build the car to be a sleeper by any means. Already building a FGT headed motor with much bigger cams for this thing. I want it to pound the ground.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You step into a FGT headed car you can spin those things to the moon lol. Kinda wishing I went the FGT/GT500 head route on mine lol

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
You step into a FGT headed car you can spin those things to the moon lol. Kinda wishing I went the FGT/GT500 head route on mine lol
Until you try to find an intake for a 4.6 with GT heads. I've been trying to sell my short runner FR-500c forever to just go Hogan and be done but it took me a year to find the FR-500c.

I8URLS1

Established Member

Yeah then it becomes a balancing act of how you pulley the thing to not lose too much boost down low but not overspin the blower even more up top. Next motor will spin somewhere around 8500-8700 range

Until you try to find an intake for a 4.6 with GT heads. I've been trying to sell my short runner FR-500c forever to just go Hogan and be done but it took me a year to find the FR-500c.

I'm having a Sullivan 5.4 intake modified to fit on a 4.6 based motor for me.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea I would just try to go custom intake at that point. If you're spending the big money on FGT/GT500 heads you might as well spend the extra 5k on a custom setup from Hogan lol.

And at that point the charger would be history, going turbo and be done

I8URLS1

Established Member
Yea I would just try to go custom intake at that point. If you're spending the big money on FGT/GT500 heads you might as well spend the extra 5k on a custom setup from Hogan lol.

And at that point the charger would be history, going turbo and be done

I didn't want to break the bank on an intake right now. A buddy of mine had a sullivan 5.4 lower that he gave me for a price I couldn't pass up and actually NA SVT is going to take care of making it work for me. No sense in getting rid of the F1x they made 1800whp with this blower on a 5.8 mod motor car so it's got more than enough balls for anything I'll ever want to do haha. Looking to build a solid 1300ish whp setup without making it too exotic, every which way I priced out porting a set of C heads and building them and then buying lash adjusters and followers came out more expensive than doing the FGT heads (it's the intake that's usually the killer)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea man I'm in the same boat as you. Car is making serious steam on low boost right now. I'll likely end up breaking the magnum honestly which I don't want to do. I'd rather sell a working trans then a ****ed up one

I8URLS1

Established Member
Yea man I'm in the same boat as you. Car is making serious steam on low boost right now. I'll likely end up breaking the magnum honestly which I don't want to do. I'd rather sell a working trans then a ****ed up one

No reason you should break it, they will handle big power in stock form even. The one in my car is built to handle 1000wtq they don't even put a horsepower rating on it. If you're making 800-1000whp with that car you should have zero issues with it.

My buddy makes 1482whp on a stock t56 gear set, he's switching a a magnum now but he's rarely broken a gear.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
No reason you should break it, they will handle big power in stock form even. The one in my car is built to handle 1000wtq they don't even put a horsepower rating on it. If you're making 800-1000whp with that car you should have zero issues with it.

My buddy makes 1482whp on a stock t56 gear set, he's switching a a magnum now but he's rarely broken a gear.

interesting, I thought littlemags over on the mach1registry was in the 800s and broke his magnum...i know he had clutch issues but I thought he ended up breaking the trans too

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
A T-56 will not survive at 1krwhp for very long without extensive modifications. This includes the spray oil modification to keep the gears from getting insanely hot. Magnums are actual weaker than a built T-56 due to their thinner gears. All things aside, no one who wants to go fast or beat on their cars should have a T-56 in their car at ~1500rwhp that's just a dyno queen at that point.

I8URLS1

Established Member
A T-56 will not survive at 1krwhp for very long without extensive modifications. This includes the spray oil modification to keep the gears from getting insanely hot. Magnums are actual weaker than a built T-56 due to their thinner gears. All things aside, no one who wants to go fast or beat on their cars should have a T-56 in their car at ~1500rwhp that's just a dyno queen at that point.

Yeah I guess my buddy Nick running 8.66 and trapping 170 on his t56 is a dyno queen. You're the first person I've ever seen say a magnum is weaker than a built t56.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Yeah I guess my buddy Nick running 8.66 and trapping 170 on his t56 is a dyno queen. You're the first person I've ever seen say a magnum is weaker than a built t56.
I know who Nick is, and he also knows that running 8.66 with 1500rwhp is a joke. He enjoys having a T-56 that's fine. It seems pointless to me but it's fine. He'd be in the 7's with a mvb auto. Also, it's pretty common knowledge that the magnum is based on the 6060 which you can read up pretty easy and see people stripping the gears out of them. Don't get all sassy because I'm realistic.

I8URLS1

Established Member
I know who Nick is, and he also knows that running 8.66 with 1500rwhp is a joke. He enjoys having a T-56 that's fine. It seems pointless to me but it's fine. He'd be in the 7's with a mvb auto. Also, it's pretty common knowledge that the magnum is based on the 6060 which you can read up pretty easy and see people stripping the gears out of them. Don't get all sassy because I'm realistic.

Not getting sassy at all, and he has yet to actually use all the power his car makes. He's in the process of switching to a magnum as well (for good reason). I'll probably be doing an auto swap on my car this year (maybe sooner than later) to really take full advantage of the setup as much as I love driving a stick shift car I want the car to be competitive as well.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
this is one of the sickest build i have ever seen on SVTP. How did you get the "no wires" look?

Users who are viewing this thread