F1x Procharged Mach 1

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
Magnums are actual weaker than a built T-56 due to their thinner gears.

Magnums have thicker gears than standard t56s though. In what other ways is the magnum weaker than a built t56? Genuinely curious as this is the first time I've heard this and am uneducated when it comes to transmissions.

Last edited:

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The gears are wider yes. I kind of mistyped, the teeth (specifically the synchro teeth) are much thinner than a T-56. A built T-56 will out hold a stock magnum but a rather large margin and after modifying they are fairly equal in terms of ability to take a beating. Some say the mangum shifts smoother that's the only true advantage of starting with a magnum over modifying a T-56 for the power levels we are discussing in my opinion. But I'm not a transmission builder.

I8URLS1

Established Member
this is one of the sickest build i have ever seen on SVTP. How did you get the "no wires" look?

Everything is hidden, a lot of it runs under the intake manifold. Dash was removed and the rest of the harness was ran through the firewall behind the motor so that nothing goes to either side. I wanted it to look like the motor was just sitting in there with no wiring essentially.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Id love to achieve that look but its beyond what I would be comfortable doing myself and Im pretty sure Im too much of tightwad to pay to have it done lol.

97snakebite

Established Member
Crank support is installed, this support was never made to run with AC and power steering but we made it work! My buddy had to space out the PS pump and then we added a manual tensioner to pull the belt away from the bracket for the crank support. Hopefully I don't have to change a serpentine belt anytime soon!

We also added a pin the the crank (basically a 2nd keyway).

Crank%20support%20installed%203_zps5fdbw0ds.jpg

Crank%20support%20installed%202_zpswnzxpff0.jpg

Crank%20pinned_zpskibfxw3k.jpg
well thats cool looking

Attachments

• Crank%20support%20installed%203_zps5fdbw0ds.jpg
    Crank%20support%20installed%203_zps5fdbw0ds.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Crank%20support%20installed%202_zpswnzxpff0.jpg
    Crank%20support%20installed%202_zpswnzxpff0.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Crank%20pinned_zpskibfxw3k.jpg
    Crank%20pinned_zpskibfxw3k.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 172

Venomous 03

Established Member
Wether or not 1400rwhp+ cars are dyno queens,a guy with an 8 second 6 speed car will get alot more attention and respect than a guy driving an auto,and thats because not everyone can do it.Ill be there when my car is done,Low 8's with a manual.For my own personal satisfaction.And im being realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Wether or not 1400rwhp+ cars are dyno queens,a guy with an 8 second 6 speed car will get alot more attention and respect than a guy driving an auto,and thats because not everyone can do it.Ill be there when my car is done,Low 8's with a manual.For my own personal satisfaction.And im being realistic.

Good luck with hitting low 8's on a stick shift. It's pretty damn hard.

Also, people don't really care if it's a stick or auto unless they are in high school as long as it wins.

Venomous 03

Established Member
Good luck with hitting low 8's on a stick shift. It's pretty damn hard.

Also, people don't really care if it's a stick or auto unless they are in high school as long as it wins.

Trust me,high school kids or not,they care.Everybody does.

Venomous 03

Established Member
Look here buddy,everybody and there mommas knows auto cars are faster.
I just want to go low 8s in a manual,if a 700hp auto wants to pass me let them i dont mind lol
Im not that bad of a driver so i doubt it will happen.
As soon as i accomplish that ill go auto.
I just want to be more involved into how fast me and the car can be.I dont want to take the easy way out and just stick an auto and call it fast.
Fast car + driver > fast car #teamrow

Last edited:

Venomous 03

Established Member
I understand that not everybody can bang gears in a 1000+rwhp car,im guessing thats why you guys went auto.Some people want to do things that havent been done very often.

_Snake_

Established Member

As others have said, good luck on hitting 8’s with a manual.

For perspective: http://www.1320video.com/fastest-corvette-ever-6speed-record/

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
It has nothing to do with "banging gears". You can pretend all you want you are some driving god. It comes down to I spent the money to race a car and win races. Not brag to high school chicks about my stiff left leg and broken trans.

If you want to row gears go for it, but there is no reason to build a drag car and stick a manual in it. Might as make a cruiser that makes 600-700 and enjoy it.

Venomous 03

Established Member
It has nothing to do with "banging gears". You can pretend all you want you are some driving god. It comes down to I spent the money to race a car and win races. Not brag to high school chicks about my stiff left leg and broken trans.

If you want to row gears go for it, but there is no reason to build a drag car and stick a manual in it. Might as make a cruiser that makes 600-700 and enjoy it.

What you did when you had a manual is irrelevant to me.Never said i was a "driving god" nor did i say "drag car" you keep assuming things.Street car my friend.People that dont build it right the first time are the people breaking stuff.You can stick an auto in a car and break it,you make no sense.

Birddoc and Nick have been 8s in a 6 speed.
BPS is doing 8s with a damn 2.3,going for 7s this year.These guys are known for what theyve done.Theyre winning races.There names are out there for doing things that not anyone can do.I doubt anyones heard about you with your "auto race car that wins races" lol
Im building my car to see how fast me and the car can go.For my own satisfaction.So stop criticizing on things youve never done before.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
You aren't a street car if you are making enough to run low 8's with a stick. You are in over your head.

Keep thinking you swing a big D buddy. Build your car however you want, just don't go on a webpage name dropping people like you actually are relevant and talking about your "future" "street" car that runs 8's on a stick.

Tell you what, I've got 1k. When you finish your low 8 stick car come find me. We can see then if you know who I am.

Venomous 03

Established Member
Full weight with AC and power everything driving it to work 3 days out of the week is pretty street to me.Power it makes doesnt define if its a street car or not buddy.
Im name dropping because you say "good luck" like nobodys ever hit 8s on a 6 speed before.Not my fault you decided to go the easy route.Anyone can stick an auto into any car and itll go fast.My grandma can probably hop in your car and go fast,so where does that put you?
Only you would worry about what i swing LOL
I smell alot of butthurt though.Ill leave it at that.I aint going around looking for anybody,you want to prove me wrong,you come to me.I appreciate the effort though.
Case closed.

_Snake_

Established Member
If you want to get a good belly laugh out of God, tell him you’re building an 8 second stick shift car.

Venomous 03

Established Member
If you want to get a good belly laugh out of God, tell him you’re building an 8 second stick shift car.

Watch that,then you can keep your pie hole closed.Im sure God had a laugh at that one....

Users who are viewing this thread