F8LSNKE resets eaton record. 10.34@132

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
damn nice runs!! wish we had your air here in AZ!! been happy with my 129 trap speed, just need to get the et down. what kind of weight reduction have you done if you don't mind me askin?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Holy Cow Larry that's the way to go out of the Eaton clan with a bang. Can't believe that car went that fast. Pretty damn unreal and impressive to say the least. It goes to show you what one of these cars set up the right way with the right driver can do.

Good luck with the TS.
Thanks bro, there's a few guys pushing me to keep it on a little longer, but I don't know yet. It's tempting.
look for my post in the Terminator section...lol
Will do.
damn nice runs!! wish we had your air here in AZ!! been happy with my 129 trap speed, just need to get the et down. what kind of weight reduction have you done if you don't mind me askin?

129 is still movin. We did have some great air on Sat, but now it's back to crap again. Changes that quick.

I've done a pretty good bit of weight reduction. Major stuff being aluminum block(motor was out after hurting a few pistons), full UPR tubular front and rear suspension with sra swap, Bogarts at the track, Removed front bumper, lightweight battery, airbags removed, lighter steeringwheel, corbeau seats, rear seat delete, spare/jack removed, insulation under the carpet removed, mott bar on rear removed, brackets behind wheel in lower 1/4 panel removed. I may have missed a few little things, but that's the basics. The car weighs 3320 w/driver and a 5pt. rollbar.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Thanks bro, there's a few guys pushing me to keep it on a little longer, but I don't know yet. It's tempting.
You're not talking about me are you Mr. F8LSNAKE??? :beer: Would you consider just throwing a small little ole 100 shot on there and hitting some 9's before the Mammoth??? :bowdown:

Larry what Corbeaus are you running? I'm thinking about it........

TRBO VNM

no clue Larry. I have the cold side piping and most of the hot side piping. I will be going with a different intercooler to plan for future kit upgrades and probably with a different turbo, although a couple guys have 76's available. the rest of the stuff I can easily source. basically, it will all be by cash. so as I have extra I will buy stuff here and there. if things work out right, sometime after tax season. I am also slowly putting together the fuel system.

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
You're not talking about me are you Mr. F8LSNAKE??? :beer: Would you consider just throwing a small little ole 100 shot on there and hitting some 9's before the Mammoth??? :bowdown:

I was thinking that too. Why not just throw a nitrous kit on there before the KB and just hold every record for the Cobra :shrug:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member

You could be one of them. LOL! If I keep it on, I'm gonna shoot for 9's with no nitrous.:rockon:

They are Corbeau Forza II's. They are 2" wider than the regular Forza's for fat folks. Lol!
no clue Larry. I have the cold side piping and most of the hot side piping. I will be going with a different intercooler to plan for future kit upgrades and probably with a different turbo, although a couple guys have 76's available. the rest of the stuff I can easily source. basically, it will all be by cash. so as I have extra I will buy stuff here and there. if things work out right, sometime after tax season. I am also slowly putting together the fuel system.

Very nice, an all custom system. I like it and can't wait to see the results. I know everything you do is top notch.:beer:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I was thinking that too. Why not just throw a nitrous kit on there before the KB and just hold every record for the Cobra :shrug:

I've got a kit in the garage, just decided I didn't want to run it. I figured once I started spraying it that I wouldn't want to run on just motor anymore. That's what happened in the past with other cars of mine. I truely believe 9's are possible without it in a properly prepared car, I just haven't made up my mind to shoot for it yet. + it gets expensive filling bottles every week. Lol!

TRBO VNM

thank you larry. at first it will be a typical hellion single kit with a different intercooler and maybe different turbo. eventually it will be a custom downpipe exhaust and my custom blow thru setup. oh yeah, and some giggle juice.

just glad I am having fun with the car again. its been too long.

how much longer before the tracks close down there? do you have more time this yr to shoot for 9's?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
how much longer before the tracks close down there? do you have more time this yr to shoot for 9's?

while on topic...when does MIR/Cecil close?? I see the temps are back to normal too in the 40s and only 30s at night...:bash:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
thank you larry. at first it will be a typical hellion single kit with a different intercooler and maybe different turbo. eventually it will be a custom downpipe exhaust and my custom blow thru setup. oh yeah, and some giggle juice.

just glad I am having fun with the car again. its been too long.

The track I ran at on Sat(SDR) closes after this Sat. I'll be at this race, but on 17" drag radials. SGMP has 2 tnt days in Dec weather permitting. SDR usually opens back up the last Sat in Jan weather permitting, so there are chances if I decide to do it. I may just leave the car as is and try to run some 20's and leave it at that. I know that's doable without me spending anymore $$$.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
The track I ran at on Sat(SDR) closes after this Sat. I'll be at this race, but on 17" drag radials. SGMP has 2 tnt days in Dec weather permitting. SDR usually opens back up the last Sat in Jan weather permitting, so there are chances if I decide to do it. I may just leave the car as is and try to run some 20's and leave it at that. I know that's doable without me spending anymore $$$.

thats so not fair!! you get 3 more months of racing then I do!!! if you decide to put that KB on...toss me some secrets!!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
thats so not fair!! you get 3 more months of racing then I do!!! if you decide to put that KB on...toss me some secrets!!

Believe me that's nice, but you probably wouldn't like it in the summer. It can be miserable here with the humidity. Not good for power at all, so we have to be patient and wait till late in the year or really early in the year.

Jake, I have no secrets and anything you want to know, I'll tell ya. Anything I've done is just regular ole drag racer stuff. Probably alot that I'm not doing and should be. You already know, my car is just about light weight, suspension and driving it like I hate it.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
3 more months than you and 5 more than me...:(

haha..wow..closed that much?!? we go from April 1st to October 31st. most of the time it doesnt open till mid april and the last week in October is 1/8...we lucke dout this year though which was 100%. New Jersey is only 5hrs and Maryland is only 6hrs away and they go another month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread