F8LSNKE resets eaton record. 10.34@132

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Dammit Larry . . . Now I have to go back to the track again . . . Lol . . . I'll hit it up on 12/6 for the BOPC. Should be good air and great prep.

Great runs!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Great job Larry. Saw you make several passes saturday.

You wouldn't happen to know of anyone who got any vid of my last one would ya? I found one of the 10.39, but still looking for one of the 10.34 pass.

Next time, come introduce yourself. It's hard to meet alot of folks and race too unless they just happen to stop by in the pits.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Larry my offer still stands if you send me that blower. I'll do whatever we can agree on as far as cutting. Whether it's just cleaning a few things up or getting a little more agressive with it. Just letting you know. If I can't run 10's (yet (maybe)) I might as well try and be a part of a record lol.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Larry my offer still stands if you send me that blower. I'll do whatever we can agree on as far as cutting. Whether it's just cleaning a few things up or getting a little more agressive with it. Just letting you know. If I can't run 10's (yet (maybe)) I might as well try and be a part of a record lol.

I'll let ya know what I decide to do. I've got this one sold as soon as it comes off, so I haven't decided on keeping it on or not yet. If I decide to keep it, I'll be in touch.:beer:

quick

Established Member
You wouldn't happen to know of anyone who got any vid of my last one would ya? I found one of the 10.39, but still looking for one of the 10.34 pass.

Next time, come introduce yourself. It's hard to meet alot of folks and race too unless they just happen to stop by in the pits.

pm cablebandit on MCE, his wife got alot of video and they are big fans of the car. He just finished my only good run and I posted it over there.

I would have came and looked for you ,but there were alot of people and I was busy with the work truck too.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
pm cablebandit on MCE, his wife got alot of video and they are big fans of the car. He just finished my only good run and I posted it over there.

I would have came and looked for you ,but there were alot of people and I was busy with the work truck too.

He sent me one of the same pass that I posted here. I'll put it up in a little while. I was just hoping someone may have gotten the last run, but it was kinda late. 4:40 according to the slip.

I understand, it's hard to get around and meet folks and race too.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I added another vid in the original post that is cleaner than the first one. It's the same pass, but a much closer angle and includes the burnout.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Much, much better! But.....I need that 10.34 for my Eaton archive!!!:poke:

I've been trying to find someone that got it on vid. That run was late in the day and alot of folks I guess had packed up. The guy who's wife took this one was loading his broke car on a rollback and getting ready to leave so they had quit videoing. It's just my luck. The guy who is usually with me and videos my runs was at home putting his motor back in. I did finally get batteries for the camera though so I should get pics of the slips up tomorrow.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Larry I don't usually give congrats on shifting because you get enough of it. For heavens sake though you by far shift faster than anyone I've ever seen! I told my buddies when I got back from Maryland that if you couldn't see your car when it went down the track all you could hear was "BOOM"! With that second video what do you know that's all you hear. I'd love to see an in car camera of you banging gears. Freaking unreal!:rockon:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Larry I don't usually give congrats on shifting because you get enough of it. For heavens sake though you by far shift faster than anyone I've ever seen! I told my buddies when I got back from Maryland that if you couldn't see your car when it went down the track all you could hear was "BOOM"! With that second video what do you know that's all you hear. I'd love to see an in car camera of you banging gears. Freaking unreal!:rockon:
Agreed.....between you and Justin Tolbert, one would swear you guys were running automatics.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member

Agreed.....between you and Justin Tolbert, one would swear you guys were running automatics.

Thanks guys, I guess that's what 20+ yrs of nothing but manuals gets ya.:beer:

I'm gonna work on getting some in car vid. I need to get off my butt and go make the camera mount. On that pass in the vid, my mirror flew off when I hit 2nd gear and hit me in the shoulder when if flew by. It happened so fast I didn't even know what it was. It didn't break away from the windshield, it just slid off the little mount. Lol.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^I posted this on my local site and there's a few guys saying you got nitrous lol. Pretty hilarious.

"That car launches like a nitrous car":lol:

"I can hear is purge":lol:

"If it's David's car he's using nitrous":lol:

Because the lady in the video says that.

2kSilverSteed

Cammed GT
Established Member
Great job man, you are one of the best drivers i have ever seen! Congrats! I cant wait to see what this car will do in the future. What is your suspension setup? YOu prolly get this asked a million times, but the car moves so well!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
^I posted this on my local site and there's a few guys saying you got nitrous lol. Pretty hilarious.

"That car launches like a nitrous car":lol:

"I can hear is purge":lol:

"If it's David's car he's using nitrous":lol:

Because the lady in the video says that.
That's funny. As soon as I saw the vid for the first time I figured people would think that.
The purge you hear is from the Supra running right behind me. His name is David and is friends with the guy and his wife who were filming. The Supra is sweet too, it ran 9.93 @ 139. It was his first ever 9 sec pass.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Great job man, you are one of the best drivers i have ever seen! Congrats! I cant wait to see what this car will do in the future. What is your suspension setup? YOu prolly get this asked a million times, but the car moves so well!

Thanks for the compliments. The suspension is all UPR. The front is full tubular k, a arms, coilovers with lakewood 90/10's. The rear is double adj uppers with solid spherical bushings and the lowers are also adj with solid bushings. Strange adj. shocks in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread