Fair Price?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I agree, that is a lot of new sheetmetal. And they never get the bolts, clips, brackets all back in the same place correctly. I wouldn't want it when done. Hope they total it for you.

Tom

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
So final supplement is in, total for repairs is currently @ $40,567.95 + whatever the mechanic finds when he goes over it. Insurance still wants to continue with repair despite being over the 90% threshold. I've looked over the supplement and found an additional $2k that needs to be added for incorrect part #'s which will put the estimate @ $42,567.95. I haven't had a chance to speak with the material loss manager I've been dealing with @ my insurance but I did leave a voicemail for him and his boss to contact me 1st thing Mon morning, needless to say this will not be a pleasant conversation. I've also reached out to a friend who's wife is an attorney for Geico to get a recommendation for an attorney to assist me if necessary.

Tight Lines

Established Member
I wish you luck, hope you are going to fight for a total loss on your car as it seems it probably would be the right thing.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't imagine being in that situation, and I feel bad that you are, but do you think this shop can get it to where you'll be happy with it? Did your choice of this shop make this situation worse?
I hope you find a resolution soon.
-J

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I can't imagine being in that situation, and I feel bad that you are, but do you think this shop can get it to where you'll be happy with it? Did your choice of this shop make this situation worse?
I hope you find a resolution soon.
-J

The shop can definitely get it right, but @ this point I can't see ever being happy with it. If I owned the car free and clear it might be a different story. The shop definitely hasn't helped, I've used them many times before and know they dont work fast, this being a large job I expected maybe a couple of months for re pairs to be completed but I never imagined being 4 months in and still being this far from completion.

djniknala

Established Member
I’m surprised the insurance company hasn’t totaled it seeing as how they can get 15k-25k in salvage parts.
41f1218e1cd133f321b417bce96b7695.jpg

fearthesnake

Established Member
I would sure change insurance companies once this saga is over. Insurance company is just being a dick at this point.

They made the mistake with their initial BS decision to fix it and now you the Consumer will pay! They are just nickle/diming at this point to save face when in the big picture they should have Totaled it for salvage and move on.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I would sure change insurance companies once this saga is over. Insurance company is just being a dick at this point.

They made the mistake with their initial BS decision to fix it and now you the Consumer will pay! They are just nickle/diming at this point to save face when in the big picture they should have Totaled it for salvage and move on.

Can't agree more. I place a lot of the blame on their independent appraiser they used who wrote the initial estimate for $17k. The car was @ a Copart which is an auction house, had he done his job right they would've totaled it then.

Last edited:

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Spoke with insurance this morning, as expected they refused to total and stated even with the mistakes I found on the estimate they were $4k from the total loss threshold. They valued the car @ $53k because of all the aftermarket mods. I requested a conference call with the Material loss manager who I've been dealing with and his manager. The material loss manager ended up calling me back 30 mins prior to this conference call and stated they had reconsidered and were going to total the car. So needless to say I'm now a very happy man to finally have this done and over with.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Thats awesome man! Finally can move on and get this behind you.

Funny the Ins Co plans on finishing the repairs. That will def be a buyer beware purchase.

I can see a buyer now when he sees the repair list done to the car.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Big congrats.
I'm guessing 2 miles until you notice it's a much better car in almost every way but needs more power.
If you don't mind, how is the market for looking for an R at MSRP or less?
I'm ready for a new car and as much as I love my Hellcat I'm thinking a boosted GT350 and truck make more sense.
-J

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Big congrats.
I'm guessing 2 miles until you notice it's a much better car in almost every way but needs more power.
If you don't mind, how is the market for looking for an R at MSRP or less?
I'm ready for a new car and as much as I love my Hellcat I'm thinking a boosted GT350 and truck make more sense.
-J
In my area even used R's are being listed @ or above MSRP. New ones seem to be selling from $5k and up with most dealers asking $15k-$25k over and negotiating down to the$5k-$10k over range. I'm getting mine for $3k over which after talking to several dealerships from FL to NC seems like a good deal. If I remember reading correctly the 18 gt350's and R's will be ending production this month which will reduce production #'s like 45% on the R and 25% on the 350's

Users who are viewing this thread